Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Corpuscle.

Plat Farmer Spam is an irritant and detracts from the game play of DDO.

Proposal: Alter the "Report Gold Farmer Spam", increasing its potency. When three persons report an account as "gold farmer spam" that account is prevented from sending any tells for three days and the GMs are immediately notified.

To combat abuse by players who simply wish to do ill to others, a dialogue box would pop up saying "WARNING: Using this feature improperly will result in a 3 day ban of this account. Repeated improper use will result in a permanent ban. Do you still wish to report this person as a gold farmer?"

As this would require three seperate people to each be willing to risk a three day ban in order to stop someone from sending tells until the GM was made aware, the likelihood of abuse is small.

The result of this would be that although some spam will get through it will get through to only a few people, rather than the entire server, requiring gold farmers to constantly change accounts to even get through to a small number of people.

Plat farmers enhance my gaming experience. I like to report them between throwing heals in Vision...it livens the quest up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattergod View Post
    Plat Farmer Spam is an irritant and detracts from the game play of DDO.

Proposal: Alter the "Report Gold Farmer Spam", increasing its potency. When three persons report an account as "gold farmer spam" that account is prevented from sending any tells for three days and the GMs are immediately notified.

To combat abuse by players who simply wish to do ill to others, a dialogue box would pop up saying "WARNING: Using this feature improperly will result in a 3 day ban of this account. Repeated improper use will result in a permanent ban. Do you still wish to report this person as a gold farmer?"

As this would require three seperate people to each be willing to risk a three day ban in order to stop someone from sending tells until the GM was made aware, the likelihood of abuse is small.

The result of this would be that although some spam will get through it will get through to only a few people, rather than the entire server, requiring gold farmers to constantly change accounts to even get through to a small number of people.
    Yeah, I'm Sure the Plat farmers(or anyone for that matter) who are on temp accounts would really be concerned about a 3 day ban....

Any banning MUST be handles by a live person.. Not some automated system.. WAY to easy to screw stuff up....

Report and Move on......
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default Note:

All spam discusions must go to the General area's Plane of Spammerath sticky. Not my rule, Tolero's rule 4...of 3. No seriously, go over and see.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=145258

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Plat farmers enhance my gaming experience. I like to report them between throwing heals in Vision...it livens the quest up a bit.

Hey the Tank is almost dead!!!!

One moment... I am reporting the Spammer..

Oh never mind... go ahead..

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Default Plat farmers took me baby!

What, why don't you believe me?

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Default Plat Farmer Exposed in Khyber

me: why did you come here to play?
    him: this is my work
    If you want to know why...

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post

So? You report them? Wonderful...what's the point of this thread?

Good job, yet again.
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post

Exposed?

You didn't expose anything to anyone, in fact, you protected them from exposure, because we still don't know who they are.

What's your point?

All you've shown us, is that there is a coin farmer playing on your server.

Thanks for the news flash. I'm sure there are plenty of players who had no idea there were coin farmers playing DDO.
    (¯`·._.·[ The Truth of the Draconic Prophecy will be revealed in time. ]·._.·´¯)

In this world economy I would love to be able to have a job playing a game, making 5-10 times more than if I was working in a dirty, dangerous factory job. A factory that has chemicals, cancer-causing agents, and any other number of dangerous elements that arent regulated by a government laws.

I can't blame him for his decision, but I can blame anyone who buys his services.

Just dont spend real life $$$ on plat!
    Shaamis is REBORN!

Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cendaer View Post
    Exposed?

You didn't expose anything to anyone, in fact, you protected them from exposure, because we still don't know who they are.
    Well unfortunately it would be against the code of conduct for him to have included the other player's name. If Turbine wants to know who it is, then they can find out quite easily by either asking him or looking at the chat logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner-Davion View Post
    Well unfortunately it would be against the code of conduct for him to have included the other player's name. If Turbine wants to know who it is, then they can find out quite easily by either asking him or looking at the chat logs.

I think (insert plat selling website here) Arnt portected by that... Sinse they are evil scum of the earth and or game! We just need to nuke tham from orbit already... Its the only way to be sure.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

I was nervous when I first saw this thinking that someone posted nekkid pics of a plat farmer. Thankfully it was just text.
    What do you mean you weren't ready for me to pull, I had Spellpoints???

Thelanis formerly of Xoriat the one true server

Quote Originally Posted by mtmouse3 View Post
    In this world economy I would love to be able to have a job playing a game, making 5-10 times more than if I was working in a dirty, dangerous factory job. A factory that has chemicals, cancer-causing agents, and any other number of dangerous elements that arent regulated by a government laws.

I can't blame him for his decision, but I can blame anyone who buys his services.

Just dont spend real life $$$ on plat!
    You are aware that there are more jobs in this world than just "dirty, dangerous factory jobs", right?
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Community Member

Shocking expose!

Seriously, I've never understood what the big deal about plat farmers is. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by bnrilfun View Post
    I was nervous when I first saw this thinking that someone posted nekkid pics of a plat farmer. Thankfully it was just text.
    And yet you still clicked on it....

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Quanefel View Post
    You are aware that there are more jobs in this world than just "dirty, dangerous factory jobs", right?
    And yet do not presume to think "more jobs" are accessible or available to those in other societies outside of US borders.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmdag4 View Post
    And yet do not presume to think "more jobs" are accessible or available to those in other societies outside of US borders.
    I think he's making the assumption that China has a lot of dirty, unpleasant factory jobs which make this sort of job perferable.

And he's correct.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by frugal_gourmet View Post
    I think he's making the assumption that China has a lot of dirty, unpleasant factory jobs which make this sort of job perferable. And he's correct.
    I believe you are reading the quotes out of order. First was:

Quote Originally Posted by mtmouse3 View Post
    In this world economy I would love to be able to have a job playing a game, making 5-10 times more than if I was working in a dirty, dangerous factory job. A factory that has chemicals, cancer-causing agents, and any other number of dangerous elements that arent regulated by a government laws. I can't blame him for his decision, but I can blame anyone who buys his services. Just dont spend real life $$$ on plat!
    then was:

Quote Originally Posted by Quanefel View Post
    I was responding to the second.

I agree with both you and mtmouse3. I believe the second quote makes the assumption that it is easy to choose not work in such factories.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast