Community Member

Default Improved Maximize

Greetings,

Why is it not in the Compendium?

WikiGnome

It's there.

However,, they've got the lamest serach function ever. For example, if you're looking for "Maximize", you'll find nothing.
    You've got to write Maximize spell.

Yes, I know... not very efficient. Exact spelling, or nothing.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member

Cool....but why doesnt it tell me anything about it? In the game it said that this gave me a 3% chance of rolling a crit hit with 1.5 damage and the reason I came lookin here was cause I have NO IDEA how you could ever quantify an 3% increase chance on a 1d20...that would be like 19.8 or something.

WikiGnome

1. Why there is not much information about it: Their compendium is very incomplete, there is room for improvement.
    2. How to make 3%: Try a d100.

Community Member

Yeah...cool, i understand that its a beta.

Hehe...smart arse! But if you think about it, I would MUCH rather try to roll a 20 on a 1d20 then a 97 on a 1d100 (which is more like a 1000% decreased chance rather then a 3% increase)...so how does it work? How do i get a 3% INCREASED chance of a crit hit?

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne View Post
    How do i get a 3% INCREASED chance of a crit hit?
    Mean the chance to proc is 3% higher now, so 3 in every 100 spell you'll throw will be critical. It stacks with Lore items.

Community Member

Wow, ok are you saying, for example that when I cast MM that if i dont roll a 20 on my 1d20 roll that i would then get to roll a 1d100 and if i got 97 or higher that it would be a crit?

sorry, im very new at this...

WikiGnome

Ok, there never was critical on spells in D&D. This is something Turbine added.

By default, there is no critical on your spells. In short, unless you've got somethnig to increase your chances to score a critical spell, your chances are of zero. If you've got the enhancements or a lore item, then your chances are of "something". At that moment, the game rolls a d100 for you, if you're lucky, you score a critical.

However, this isn't Improved Maxmizing you're talking about it's Lineage of Deadly Elements. Improved Maximizing reduces the cost of your spells when using Maximize.