Default Does Crippling Strike Stack?

Title says it all. Does anyone know if the -2 Str stat damage from Crippling Strike is cumulative or not?
    Luthen || Eldormadoh || Luthian || Theodread || Madmardigan || Whillow || Earnur || Halbarad || Adnakhor
    "A good player overcomes. A poor player is overcome" -Proud member of DWAT

WikiGnome

Yes it does.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Also got my hands on a Weakening Of Enfeebling Shortsword recently to match my Wounding Of Puncturing one, it's a thing of beauty combined with crippling strike
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Just needed to resurrect this thread to clarify.

Does crippling strike apply only once per opponent hit by it? So if I hit "X" mob (say an Orthon) with crippling strike, it will apply once and only once to that particular mob? Am I correct in this assumption? I understand that the -2 str penalty stacks with the accumulating stat damaging penalties from wounders, weakeners, maladroits, etc.

Basically I am asking is it a cumulative, additive effect like w/p-ing a mob to death, or does it apply once and only once to any particular mob?

I ran a crippling strike search at the DDOWiki but did not find an article on crippling strike, and the DDO Compendium does not answer my question either.
    Player on Sarlona since November 2006
    Alts: Lemminkainen/Nicoletta/Nahuatl/Giordano/Gnorri/Somah/Jibrael

Each hit will do -2 str damage. Works just like a weakener. It also stacks with weakeners for a -3 to str each hit. You can keep hitting the monster until it has 0 Str.
    Tassandra - The Bard Seth - ♠♣The Rogue♥♦Tassander - The Cleric ♀ Calysto - The Wizard ♀
    Giott
    - The Barbarian ♂ Robotass - The Warforged ♀ Elves - The Ranger Tashas - The Sorceress ♀

EVERY time you hit a monster with SA Crippling Strike they lose 2 STR. It is possible (and likely) you will get some monsters to 0 STR before they die. In this case, everyone gets auto-crits. You can speed up the process by using weakening or enfeebling (or both) weapons.
    Shiz -Proud Officer of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey, Shizrhino, Shizlazer, Shizpanzee, Shizlion, Shizchopper, Shiztiger, Shizopotamus, Shizphoenix, Shizquito, Shizwolf, Shizfrog
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Trois

Tyvm for the replies, I wasn't sure but now I have an even better reason to dual wield the weakening/enfeeblers when I have my WotA II rogue sneak up to assassinate a beholder; even if he fails the attempt he's still likely to get a good chunk of str. damage off on the unsuspecting eye tyrant
    Last edited by gserlenga; 02-17-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Player on Sarlona since November 2006
    Alts: Lemminkainen/Nicoletta/Nahuatl/Giordano/Gnorri/Somah/Jibrael

If you don't have Wounding of Puncturing or RadianceII, then dual Weakening of Enfeebling is almost your best bet on ANY non-red-named monster. Weakening of Enfeebling paired with something of Puncturing is also a nice combo, too, as the puncturing starts to auto-crit at 0 STR (and you don't have to chance weapon sets).
    Shiz -Proud Officer of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey, Shizrhino, Shizlazer, Shizpanzee, Shizlion, Shizchopper, Shiztiger, Shizopotamus, Shizphoenix, Shizquito, Shizwolf, Shizfrog
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Trois

as stated above it does indeed stack and if you carry a weakener of enfeebling that all stack also. 0 strength in 6 hits most of the time.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Does Crippling strike also apply on range sneak attacks?
    Last edited by Bloodyfury; 02-22-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyfury View Post
    I don't know for sure, but would assume that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyfury View Post
    This might be a little late, but yes, it does work with range weps.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gigobyte View Post
    This might be a little late, but yes, it does work with range weps.
    Does that interact in fun ways with Manyshot?

Slight thread necro - where can I see whether crippling strike is working or not? on my L12 Assassin (with CS taken as L10 feat) I don't get a -2 Str floating damage text on my sneak attacks, and there's nothing in the combat log - how do I know if its actually working?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Slight thread necro - where can I see whether crippling strike is working or not? on my L12 Assassin (with CS taken as L10 feat) I don't get a -2 Str floating damage text on my sneak attacks, and there's nothing in the combat log - how do I know if its actually working?
    When you are sneak-attacking look at the numbers floating above mob, there should be a small "-2" floating after each sneak attack. As for the combat log, i don't know why u can't see it. There should be info that "You sneak attacked XXX for -2 STR dmg." At least that's what i'm seeing in my combat log.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Community Member

On many bosses it only works up to -10, and on purple bosses (raid bosses) it doesn't work at all.

(And of course it doesn't apply on undead, deathwarded mobs, and very seldom on Epic mobs)
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Quote Originally Posted by brzytki View Post
    When you are sneak-attacking look at the numbers floating above mob, there should be a small "-2" floating after each sneak attack. As for the combat log, i don't know why u can't see it. There should be info that "You sneak attacked XXX for -2 STR dmg." At least that's what i'm seeing in my combat log.
    No, I see nothing. And I get a lot of sneak attacks, because I've paid attention to Forum School 101 and do my level best to make sure I never have aggro. Other stat damage shows as I'm using a puncturing rapier with imp crit: pierce so I see somewhere between -1 and -6 CON quite regularly.

I'll do some more experimenting to make sure and then what - raise a ticket? Bug Report or GM ticket do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Community Member

I'll do some more experimenting to make sure and then what - raise a ticket? Bug Report or GM ticket do you think?
    Bug report I think. It has happened to me several times that another rogue abiltity didn't load when switching characters (kip-up), and I had to relog to fix it. Maybe it's the same with Crippling Strike now. It should say in your log when you log in that you have the ability, something like "Your attacks do strength damage", or the like.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

No, I see nothing. And I get a lot of sneak attacks, because I've paid attention to Forum School 101 and do my level best to make sure I never have aggro. Other stat damage shows as I'm using a puncturing rapier with imp crit: pierce so I see somewhere between -1 and -6 CON quite regularly.

I remember a while ago there was a bug where the floaty str numbers weren't showing up, but it was showing up in the combat log. If the bug is still around, then you should see something in the combat log.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed