Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks for the clarity, cube.
    \x/es
    Torgomund 17/1 Rngr/Rog . . Thundorf 16/2/2 Bard/Ftr/Barb . . Zarron 10/2 Wiz/Rog
    RIP Class Forums 3/9/2011

Default Related?

Dear Mr. Cube,

Your avatar looks an awful lot like the MCP from Tron. Are you by any chance related? Distant cousins perhaps?

Best Regards,

Working to keep amorphous world dominators straight in my head

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Hello Cube,

Are you a male or a female?

From,
    Just Curious

Dear Curious,

I'm an ooze.

Your Friend,
    The Cube

Everyone should know any kind of ooze, Like an amoeba, is asexual

(I hope that stick I used was everbright or i'm probably in big trouble)
    Jasperheart, Flintfingers, Elyanna, Llyana, Illianos, Arienna, Beldagarde, Bostjan, Cammie.
    Collectively known as Team Flint.
    Just a note to those who knew Flintheart. I am no longer in possesion of the name.

*Pokes Mr. Cube again.

Ouch!!!!!!!!1
    Hands you a Cupcake One of Many of the O'Rum Ferretus's

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    I found it amusing......
    I found it mostly patronizing, then amusing. But hey, the way some people act around here, patronizing them seems appropriate.

/me equips +4 Blueshine FP, and +3 Flaming Burst Long Sword of Greater Oooze Bane, and prepares to charge!

Sound the feasting horn!

~Requeim ~ Aviale ~ Tomein ~ Twillee ~ Vizzini
    Officer of Fallen Heroes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper
    <+Keeper> Monks make the best guacamole..

Can the Cube WIn TotW???

If So, THis has my vote!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I love the fact that it was sarcastic. Shows us that the cube is one of us.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrganGrinder View Post
    I think its great, good work Cube. In essence the cube is just breaking down, in an easier to understand format, information that would be known if people took the time to read the forum guidelines.
    Ditto these words of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Nub View Post
    I love the fact that it was sarcastic. Shows us that the cube is one of us.
    Foolish boy. He doesn't look at you as "one of them". I guarantee you that.
    Ravensguard zerx,zerxi,zerxis,zmonk,kieras,varga,oregz

Talking Dear Cubie

Dear Cubie,

How do I make you Pink? No one would be scared of a big square glob of Pink, right?

(and on topic this thread is fabulous)

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Default Sarcasm? Of course

I guess we should be lucky it was sarcastic and not really dripping acid...the cube would be within his rights

Community Member

Good job Cubie. Well put. I think this should be stickied somewhere, if it's not already.

Edit: NVM, just noticed it is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrganGrinder View Post
    I think its great, good work Cube. In essence the cube is just breaking down, in an easier to understand format, information that would be known if people took the time to read the forum guidelines.

Reading comprehension and retainment FTW!
    I drink harder than you, ride harder than you and if I have spare time I might just play this game too.
    Shinarel Arashin, Arishna, Tosshin, Castshin, A warforged named 5u3
    Please make "Reading Comprehension" a class skill for all forum posters

I dunno, I found it pretty patronizing, personally.

It's all wonderful and great to say that we can't talk about exploits... but it really sends us mixed signals when Turbine makes quests that are impossible to complete without using questionable tactics.

Would Turbine rather no one ran the quests at all and that no one discussed them? Or would they rather us swap strategies that DO work. When most people ask whether or not something is an exploit, they're really asking where we should draw the line. Clearly, Turbine has created quests where the optimal strategies DO in fact blur the line. Every raid I know of has some kind of tactic that a DM wouldn't allow. Yet, for example, Eladrin posts some examples of tactics he'd use in the Abbot, I noticed that a few of those at least touch upon iffy.

It's all great to say there's no talk about exploits, but it's ultimately on Turbine to more clearly delineate those lines so we know where we stand. I guess you may as well close down every thread that deals with the Abbot now. Since the very words exploit and bug are now sufficient to getting a thread closed. (even when the subject matter had nothing to do with bugs or exploits)

Maybe all that was simply done to jolt us awake so we'd read this thread, but I thought it was dumb. There was no purpose in closing half those threads that didn't even deal with exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Can the Cube WIn TotW???

If So, THis has my vote!
    Ditto!

I didn't find it patronizing, I found it to be fairly good examples of the behavior it was meant to adress. When in Rome, you need to speak Roman. Or Italian. Or Latin. Or whatever language the populace speaks. I gues the Cube speaks Forumese... who knew Gelatinous Cubes got extra languages?
    Quote Originally Posted by The unavoidable laws of the natural universe
    Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    I dunno, I found it pretty patronizing, personally.

It's all wonderful and great to say that we can't talk about exploits... but it really sends us mixed signals when Turbine makes quests that are impossible to complete without using questionable tactics.

Would Turbine rather no one ran the quests at all and that no one discussed them? Or would they rather us swap strategies that DO work. When most people ask whether or not something is an exploit, they're really asking where we should draw the line. Clearly, Turbine has created quests where the optimal strategies DO in fact blur the line. Every raid I know of has some kind of tactic that a DM wouldn't allow. Yet, for example, Eladrin posts some examples of tactics he'd use in the Abbot, I noticed that a few of those at least touch upon iffy.

It's all great to say there's no talk about exploits, but it's ultimately on Turbine to more clearly delineate those lines so we know where we stand. I guess you may as well close down every thread that deals with the Abbot now. Since the very words exploit and bug are now sufficient to getting a thread closed. (even when the subject matter had nothing to do with bugs or exploits)

Maybe all that was simply done to jolt us awake so we'd read this thread, but I thought it was dumb. There was no purpose in closing half those threads that didn't even deal with exploits.

Although I think that sometimes its clear a certain tactic is an exploit, I believe you have a very good point here. There are definately places where the lines are blurry and its not clear whether something is a tactic that can be discussed or if it is an exploit. Definately more clearly defined lines would be helpful.

Misscarlet~Klya~Chelsey~Mvffin~Sporren~Heathers~Mi nimvffin~Lillmiss~Crumpet~Evanny
    GUILD LEADER: Southern Tenant Farmers Union SERVER: Ghallanda, RIP Fernia

I like Cube.

I also love Lamp.

But I like Cube.

Borr.

P.S. I also love Scotch......scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly......
    Ghallanda - The a team
    Borrigain Gnollslayer : Lorraidyn Terrakaen : Philonius Purge
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous

Welcome back Cube. I haven't seen you around lately; it's good to have you back. I haven't seen the Kommunity Kobold around either, was there some sort of accident?

Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar
    in the dark...cold...UnderWater places...

My native tongue is Sarcasm..
    I prefer it...
    I think anyone who doesn't at least speak with a sarcastic accent is difficult to understand.

Yay cubie...
    Rogues:Sheillea & Sheilleah Noonscense, Yarrelle Clerics: Juin Muddawber Bards: Sequestria Isolatine & Gheorghe Zamfir Ranger: Eloah Farfletcher Fighters: Yvonniva, Ocksocks & Goodgame The Improper Sorceress: Blastrine Meanase Barbarians: Espresso Breve & Mkthirtyfour, Boomshakalak Wizards: Clairity of Merk & Misstickle Fingersofdeath

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast