Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 100 shavarath portal fragments

well i finally hit 100 of them.,... and all the npc tells me is i need more . this is obviously not intended, did i do all that sanctioned ninja looting for nothing? can i get a dev answer?

Damn ninjas, stealing my fragments!

I have never gotten to a bag quick enough in part 1
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_No.7 View Post
    well i finally hit 100 of them.,... and all the npc tells me is i need more . this is obviously not intended, did i do all that sanctioned ninja looting for nothing? can i get a dev answer?
    Did you actually keep the twig items in your inventory, or just build up the counter? Also does your quest log show Acquisition: Portal Fragments as complete or advanced?

it senses you have no life and run the shroud too much therefore won't give you a reward

100 "twigs" in my bag, it says something like 15-16 in quest

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

That's the problem.

I noticed that, when I had 4 in my backpack but only 1 on the quest counter. I stopped collecting them there and then as it is obviously bugged.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Community Member

100 "twigs" in my bag, it says something like 15-16 in quest
    Oh, it's something like you only increment your counter if you personally killed the portal, in addition to grabbing the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Oh, it's something like you only increment your counter if you personally killed the portal, in addition to grabbing the item.
    Close.
    The person who got the kill gets it counted - it does not matter who actually picks up the fragment as long as someone does.

I have a feeling the actual fragments themselves are worthless and should of been flagged destroyed on exit - merely there to show your collecting something..

Plus they should count for everyone in the party who has the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Close.
    The person who got the kill gets it counted - it does not matter who actually picks up the fragment as long as someone does.
    Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure I picked up portal fragments without hitting the portal with the final blow, would have to check if it updated my quest though.

Kind of disappointed that you get nothing at 100 since I was getting so close

can we get confirmation from devs???

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

can we get confirmation from devs???
    Confirmation of what? That those side-quests are bugged? Do you really need a dev to tell you something you already know?
    Argonnessen | Legendary Knights of Mabar | Couresan | Courage | Plat | Torgo

Did you actually expect something different?

I have a feeling the side quests weren't even supposed to go live. Most of them don't have descriptions, some of them don't have quests, and they all probably should have been taken out with the horns.

I don't think this is the case. My only shroud ready character is a wizard, and unless dancing balls do way more damage than I think they do, I'm not the one getting the kill, but I have had my counter increase.

Something's wrong with that last sentence, but I don't feel like going all grammar nazi at the moment.

i just want to know from a dev if its ever gonna be fixed? if its even supposed to be active , are we supposed to be picking them up? or was this a noob mistake like the horns, and shouldnt even be there.... atleast something from the devs. just a simple, sorry for wasting ur time or an explanation to why it is like it is currently would do. is that so farfetched to ask lol?

Did you bug report it?
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post
    Did you bug report it?
    edited nvm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oronisi View Post
    Confirmation of what? That those side-quests are bugged? Do you really need a dev to tell you something you already know?
    We know they're bugged.

We do not know if they will be fixed someday, and if it would be worthwhile for us to work on advancing those quests in the meantime.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

We know they're bugged.

We do not know if they will be fixed someday, and if it would be worthwhile for us to work on advancing those quests in the meantime.
    Good luck getting that info!

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to come here and say 'oh, we're just going to leave them there because they are small and unimportant' even if that was their plan.
    Argonnessen | Legendary Knights of Mabar | Couresan | Courage | Plat | Torgo

I would say there bugged. Since i have killed three portals that dropped fragments and none of them counted for me. Also seen the armor plate bags drop yet know ones been able to get the items from them. Also never seen blade fragments or pacts drop. And with how players run part four with the tanks going for big red and the caster taking care of the healing gnolls, only caster will get the count if we have to kill and loot the bags.

Come on devs is this working or broken.

And what the deal with the horns, hopefully you give us a one for one trade or something usefully like that

If you people would actually read your dam quest logs, it tells you to bring them 1,000, not 100... This goes for ALL the side quest collections...
    Last edited by NKspeed; 03-29-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    "Every scar is a lesson, every battle, a test of what you have learned"
    Bio Hazard - Sorcerer
    Cathal the Holy Warrior - Paladin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast