Default new skinning feature some sort of joke?

all you can do is change the color?

this is a "custom ui" feature?

You can't redesign the interface. Where are the abilities to track damage/kill counts/healing done?

Seriously..this is what you consider "reskinning" Turbine?

Have you guys played any other games with real custom interfaces?

Give it time. They may expand on the functionality later.

Quote Originally Posted by Early
    You can't redesign the interface. Where are the abilities to track damage/kill counts/healing done?
    Based on your comment though I'm guessing you were expecting something like WoW's setup. That is NOT UI skinning those are mods. The difference? UI skins only affect how things look. they do not track damage or anything else like that. EQ1 was the first (as far as I know) to allow custom UI skins, they didn't allow the things you're talking about... in fact of the ones that do allow custom skins, WoW is the only one that does that. So the only game that I know of that wouldn't consider this skinning is WoW.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice feature but it doesn't really fall under UI skinning.

UI skins are just what they say. Skins. it is a covering over the basic UI layout. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Early View Post

this is a "custom ui" feature?

See my instruction on how to USE the interface tool. You can do much more than just change the color.

You cant do a full redesign but you can do alot.
    What are you looking to do?
    Maybe I can help.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the one who sends it a res.
    Unrestricted free agent
    Khyber
    Characters - Terrah, Elayne, Shiado, Ranok, Rattchet

yea, I realize the numbers tracking is a mod, and I probably shouldn't have mentioned that part in the post.

However, WoW isn't specifically what I was speaking about. Several games I've played (including EQ) offer custom UI's which are truly custom and not simply changing colors or boarders.

This extremely watered down ability shouldn't be called custom UI ability.

Unfortunately time is something I don't think we have a lot of in DDO. While I'm impressed we've lasted 2 years, the focus of the devs on UI skinning and such isn't what's going to generate enough interest to keep players paying. The long awaited monk class (a year later mind you) is raising the question "how many different ways can we kill the same mobs?"

Turbine has allowed what could've been a truly great game to "peter out" due to lack of content and bugs that are many months old (like ladders) while at the same time throwing in "bells and whistles" which don't even make a sound.

Fanboi's need not respond as I will not debate my opinion with you. If you look at the whole picture (server merges, devs leaving, delays in promises made very early on in the game) you'll see what I mean.

I personally like the new skin I am using (DDOLite). It removes most of the borders and decoration from the UI and makes all the menus much more see through.
    Margolie L16 Wizard Beaar L16 Fighter14-Rogue2 Beaaar L16 Cleric Gwynneth L14 Paladin10-Cleric3-Sorc1 Relle L16 Ranger15-Rogue1 Aluzia L7 Bard Bareskin Rugg L16 Ranger2-Monk2-Fighter2 Manbearpigg L12 Cleric10-Monk2

A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

Quote Originally Posted by Early View Post

this is a "custom ui skin" feature?

Added a correction in there for you in red. No it's not a joke, the joke is you misread it. The customization was for the skin of the ui, not the functionality.

Not to say your idea of being able to change the info displayed is a bad one, it's just a comment that when they offer apples and you ask where the oranges are...
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.