Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

My 16th level sorc can heal with wands and has raised a cleric or two with raise dead scrolls.

I know DDO is in love with the forced grouping dynamic but I think a lot of these issues would go away if, say, new characters were forced to solo to level 3. There's plenty of solo content now to do that and it could be quite enlightening for a lot of players.

I say we just start a Cleric Guild and call it the "Healer's Debauchery", in actuality it would be a feasible thought and then we could have no one to ***** at but each other when on guild runs... plus, if all the clerics were running together, how much of a riot do you think would unfold in Stormreach???
    QTip Jones (20 Cleric) Nestorious 2.0 (20 Fvs) Eulogist Delivered (11 Rngr)

Arlith,

I truly enjoyed that read though, made me smirk a number of times... haha
    QTip Jones (20 Cleric) Nestorious 2.0 (20 Fvs) Eulogist Delivered (11 Rngr)

Default A while ago

Two comments:

We formed Clerics Union #12 and formed a raid group (i think we got to 10 players) all on their clerics.
    The LFM posted had a wide message that basically just said the clerics were sick of babysitting everyone else. It was fun watching the grouping panel fill up with requests for clerics.

Anyways at higher levels I find I enjoy playing my cleric much more if I play him when suffering from selective hearing.

Basically, if your debuff (read poison, fatigue, nausea, etc) does not directly have an effect on my survival then I am going to pretend I didn't hear you ask for a remove poison, lesser restore, etc. I don't carry those spells. I carry scrolls of greater restoration for massive level drain but I am not about to blow the money on 1 or 2 little points of stat damage. Carry a potion for that.

I can totally understand people asking for stuff like true seeing... sure no problem or a nice fire resist or better fire pro. I get that... the cast version is just plain better and I'm cool with that.

At the low levels yes it can be tough but learning your spell list and having those wands available to use outside of the cleric is very nice and not always understood.

In the case of the op when the guy asked for a heal I would have said, "Sure! Follow me." and ran all the way back to the chest.

I can't help but hear a certain bit of misinformation over and over again.

"Low level characters can't be expected to have Potions."

I call absolute BS on this.

You know those "worthless collectibles" you now have a bag to carry them in? Pick them up. You know some of those starter quests? They give you potions at the end. You know those barrels you ignore, they drop potions. You know that +1 Wis helm or +1 Resistance item, instead of dumping it on a bartender put it up on the AH for a reasonable price. You will get 3 times what the bartender gives you and those low level gear items sell if they are not ridiculously priced.

I know this because I have started several characters on servers where I can't twink. I've been able to get Potions/Wands and use them. You can get numerous CLW potions in the Harbor just from the collectibles you pick up in the first level quests. Running around the WWs adventure area you can find Resist potions like crazy. Kobold's New Ringleader is much the same. Giles Goodman sometimes gives out CLW wands for his 2 collectible. When you can enter TR's area you can gather tons of CMW, Remove Blindness, Remove Curse potions by just grabbing the collectibles as you go. When I first started out I farmed that area with my Rogue over and over till he had enough to supplement his UMD wand healing and his UMD was not that great at that level.

Ok... Lecture over.

Lets move on to being self reliant. Every character I have can self heal and carries items to deal with most common afflictions. I have several characters with Les Rest clickies. I have a couple with Remove Curse clickies. Anyone who can use a wand for that sort of affliction carries a wand for it, and this helps the party out. If I am on one of my WF I carry Healing Kits. Not kidding. In TR, during one of the two part quests we had just entered the second part when we had a near team wipe. The Cleric was down and no one had a CxW wand. I got him up with a healing kit and he got everyone else back in good shape. Would have had to run the first half again if I hadn't been carrying that(although I was at full health the whole time... amazing what a shield and the ability to heal yourself will do).

Speaking of Shields. AC might be less useful at endgame, but levels 1-10 it can be rather handy. I can't even count the number of PuGs I've joined where there are several of us Melee types. I'll watch the other's HPs yo-yo and mine will occasionally drop a tiny bit which I will usually heal myself. Before you say I am not drawing agro because I have a shield, I'm an Intimi-tank and will often start out a combat with a Fireball wand to grab initial agro. I just have enough AC to matter in those lower quests and the amount of resources needed shows. Heck, my Rogues both carry Darkwood or Mithral large shields for the extra AC.

Up until level 12 a Cleric shouldn't have to spam heal. Even at 12 you shouldn't have to spam heal all that often, but the tactics people use often require it. Coming prepared and using good tactics will win you a Cleric's heart, and they won't need to heal you after combat.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Quote Originally Posted by Mercules View Post

You know those "worthless collectibles" you now have a bag to carry them in? Pick them up. You know some of those starter quests? They give you potions at the end. You know those barrels you ignore, they drop potions. You know that +1 Wis helm or +1 Resistance item, instead of dumping it on a bartender put it up on the AH for a reasonable price. You will get 3 times what the bartender gives you and those low level gear items sell if they are not ridiculously priced.

I know this because I have started several characters on servers where I can't twink. I've been able to get Potions/Wands and use them. You can get numerous CLW potions in the Harbor just from the collectibles you pick up in the first level quests. Running around the WWs adventure area you can find Resist potions like crazy. Kobold's New Ringleader is much the same. Giles Goodman sometimes gives out CLW wands for his 2 collectible. When you can enter TR's area you can gather tons of CMW, Remove Blindness, Remove Curse potions by just grabbing the collectibles as you go. When I first started out I farmed that area with my Rogue over and over till he had enough to supplement his UMD wand healing and his UMD was not that great at that level.
    QFT. I had a new character on a server that I picked at random to start playing with a few RL friends so no twinking or sending money down. By careful use of the AH and actually picking up collectables I was flush with plat (relatively speaking) and always had lots of potions.

Lets move on to being self reliant. Every character I have can self heal and carries items to deal with most common afflictions. I have several characters with Les Rest clickies. I have a couple with Remove Curse clickies. Anyone who can use a wand for that sort of affliction carries a wand for it, and this helps the party out. If I am on one of my WF I carry Healing Kits. Not kidding. In TR, during one of the two part quests we had just entered the second part when we had a near team wipe. The Cleric was down and no one had a CxW wand. I got him up with a healing kit and he got everyone else back in good shape. Would have had to run the first half again if I hadn't been carrying that(although I was at full health the whole time... amazing what a shield and the ability to heal yourself will do).

Speaking of Shields. AC might be less useful at endgame, but levels 1-10 it can be rather handy. I can't even count the number of PuGs I've joined where there are several of us Melee types. I'll watch the other's HPs yo-yo and mine will occasionally drop a tiny bit which I will usually heal myself. Before you say I am not drawing agro because I have a shield, I'm an Intimi-tank and will often start out a combat with a Fireball wand to grab initial agro. I just have enough AC to matter in those lower quests and the amount of resources needed shows. Heck, my Rogues both carry Darkwood or Mithral large shields for the extra AC.

Up until level 12 a Cleric shouldn't have to spam heal. Even at 12 you shouldn't have to spam heal all that often, but the tactics people use often require it. Coming prepared and using good tactics will win you a Cleric's heart, and they won't need to heal you after combat.
    It's one of my various pet peeves when PuGing at mid levels. Why do people insist on only using tactics that work well at high end stuff? A decent AC which revolves around nothing more than actually using a shield, protection item, and wearing decent armor seems to be a thing of the past for almost everyone except the cleric. AC means quests go smoother at level 7 and 8. Clerics do not have access to the heal spell yet so taking less damage means a lot more than killing something 2 seconds quicker.

Using tactics that suit your lvl 15 barbarian are not the best way to play your lvl 2 barbarain. I was laughing my head off at a guy who was bragging about how big his crit was on a lvl 2 barbarian in WW. I asked him how did he get it that high and he tells me that he has power attack on while using a Greataxe.

Think about it, you can one shot almost every kobold in waterworks using a battleaxe. You certainly can one shot everything on a non crit with a greataxe, why the heck do you need power attack on at level 2? All you are doing is ensuring that you miss a lot more often.

At mid levels play as though you were a mid level character and you'd find that clerics would be a lot more open to grouping with you. I have a dwarven fighter and he didn't even start using a 2 handed weapon until he was level 10 or 11 and didn't consistantly use it until he was level 12. He usually took far less damage than any other melee and I still was contributing and never felt as though the dual wielding guy or 2HF was outpacing me in DPS.

If you don't use a shield or watch your own health at level 8 you aren't on my priority list for healing. If you don't like it, stop being a mana sponge. I'd rather the battle take 30 seconds longer with 1/2 the healing needed during/afterward then watch everyone run around with an AC of 15 and drop like flies unless they are baby sat.
    Last edited by Frodo Lives; 04-02-2008 at 04:57 PM.

I think that a smart cleric will have the party help pay for wands or simply NOT Group with them. Or of have them get potions. If they think about it though a wand of cure light is FAR cheaper, than potions.

I guess I don't understand why the cleric wasn't keeping the people healed up in STK. This is a pretty easy quest and there should be no reason for anyone to drink potions. "Helping out the cleric", come on now. If the group was lvl appropriate and had six people the cleric, without any help, should have had a full blue bar by the end of any of those quests. Why should I spend 500 gold out of the 1000 that I would get to sell off, to keep myself healed when the cleric can do it for free? Why have a cleric? Did it on hard today with a PUG group, all optionals, on hard, and the cleric had a full blue bar at the end of each quest.

I will heal myself after reading this. With the shrines, that is, 15 minutes at a time until I am fully healed or the cleric want to spend 10 mana on me to heal me up.
    Uriahv 13fighter/3wizard (1750+ favor) Uriahq 15cleric/1fighter (1750+favor) Uriahp 16wizard (1750+favor) Kaylee 8fighter/7rogue (1750+ favor) Sarlona only

Word.

Even at super low levels the white mushrooms you get in the harbor will net you Cure/Repair Light potions from the collector that walks around next to the "Bringing the Light" quest. The Giles collector next to the entrance to the Leaky Dingy hands out cure light scrolls and wands. Heck, for a limited time you can avoid asking your cleric for Stat buff spells and Aid at the beginning of quests!
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Default Re

Another Clerics Perspective is one that I find enjoyable as well as being goal oriented. I play a pure Cleric Level 5 as of now. I also read that clerics heal wounded parties after battle. What about during battle when the Main Tank and the Secondary Tank are getting pulverized on elite. Or a pesky kobold shaman ran past the tanks and are gonna give the sorcerers and wizards a hard time. I always try to heal during battle. I make sure that the group is well stockd with hp most of the time. When we get such a brutal assault and I can't keep up on healing everybody...somebody usually dies. I like to think of myself as a warpriest or battle cleric. I have a high BAB from my strength and enhancements...equiped myself with medium armor and a morning star. My arcane spell failure went up a little bit but it's like Inlet Quest where the main tank had fallen and we were to get him to a shrine. My spell points were used up and so I stepped up and started swinging and was effective in helping the team. For what I lack in knowledge of the quests and knowing where every thing is It's nice for Vets of the game to protect me... as I feel its a reciprocating effect. I heal them and they protect me from the continous onslaught of monsters.I disagree with the person that said the cleric was the most unbalanced character of the game. I say this beacuse a person with knowledge of D&D will know that adding points to strength will increse the base attack bonus...there by increasing his chance of attack. Building the Clerics Wisdom and Charisma will increase the Clerics amount of spells as well as his Turn Undead. Utilizng the Dvine Vitalty will increase the mana regeneration. So effectively he is well stocked with a magical attack of Inflict Wounds,Heal Spells and Buffs for himself or the party. In effect a well rounded character. I like the way Stormreach doen't give the farm away with so many ways to heal you when not in a tavern or the city.It makes the game interesting and doesn't get boring... beacuse in Kobold Assault on elite I was like ok after the 100th Kobold attacking I need to get to a shine. It made the game interesting because I wasn't able to replenish my sp when ever I wanted. I had to effectivley think...When the right time was.

I regard all groups the same respect and absolutley refuse to take money for heals. I feel that my role is to heal the party. That is what the emphasis on healing is all about. That is why I wanted to be a Cleric. Yes being self-sufficent as one may run out of my heal range or become blocked by a monster...and having potions is def needed. I think in being in a team stands for something. Which if you take out the letters of T.E.A.M, it means Together Everyone Accomplishes More. Jst my opinion. I value yours.

Scarr Al'Damar Level 5 Cleric of the Silver Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Stormmy View Post
    Another Clerics Perspective is one that I find enjoyable as well as being goal oriented. I play a pure Cleric Level 5 as of now. I also read that clerics heal wounded parties after battle. What about during battle when the Main Tank and the Secondary Tank are getting pulverized on elite. Or a pesky kobold shaman ran past the tanks and are gonna give the sorcerers and wizards a hard time. I always try to heal during battle. I make sure that the group is well stockd with hp most of the time. When we get such a brutal assault and I can't keep up on healing everybody...somebody usually dies. I like to think of myself as a warpriest or battle cleric. I have a high BAB from my strength and enhancements...equiped myself with medium armor and a morning star. My arcane spell failure went up a little bit but it's like Inlet Quest where the main tank had fallen and we were to get him to a shrine. My spell points were used up and so I stepped up and started swinging and was effective in helping the team. For what I lack in knowledge of the quests and knowing where every thing is It's nice for Vets of the game to protect me... as I feel its a reciprocating effect. I heal them and they protect me from the continous onslaught of monsters.I disagree with the person that said the cleric was the most unbalanced character of the game. I say this beacuse a person with knowledge of D&D will know that adding points to strength will increse the base attack bonus...there by increasing his chance of attack. Building the Clerics Wisdom and Charisma will increase the Clerics amount of spells as well as his Turn Undead. Utilizng the Dvine Vitalty will increase the mana regeneration. So effectively he is well stocked with a magical attack of Inflict Wounds,Heal Spells and Buffs for himself or the party. In effect a well rounded character. I like the way Stormreach doen't give the farm away with so many ways to heal you when not in a tavern or the city.It makes the game interesting and doesn't get boring... beacuse in Kobold Assault on elite I was like ok after the 100th Kobold attacking I need to get to a shine. It made the game interesting because I wasn't able to replenish my sp when ever I wanted. I had to effectivley think...When the right time was.

I regard all groups the same respect and absolutley refuse to take money for heals. I feel that my role is to heal the party. That is what the emphasis on healing is all about. That is why I wanted to be a Cleric. Yes being self-sufficent as one may run out of my heal range or become blocked by a monster...and having potions is def needed. I think in being in a team stands for something. Which if you take out the letters of T.E.A.M, it means Together Everyone Accomplishes More. Jst my opinion. I value yours.

Scarr Al'Damar Level 5 Cleric of the Silver Flames

hey Stormmy,

read your post and just wanted to clarify a few things with you.

- It is expected by many people that the cleric will heal during major fights ..... one who fights before healing is called a battle cleric. You've already given yourself this title. Battle clerics are ok so long as the group doesnt expect you to be a dedicated healer. Its a good idea to let people know your play style before you start a quest with them as its possible they could get upset when they find out mid quest.

- Clerics do not have spell failure. You can wear the heaviest armor in the game and a tower shield if you want and your spells will never be impaired by them. so go ahead and buy yourself some full plate and a shield.

Not sure what game your coming from but I assure you the same rules do not apply............... throw your old play book out the window ................. enjoy the game and welcome aboard.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Quote Originally Posted by UriahHeep View Post
    I guess I don't understand why the cleric wasn't keeping the people healed up in STK. This is a pretty easy quest and there should be no reason for anyone to drink potions. "Helping out the cleric", come on now. If the group was lvl appropriate and had six people the cleric, without any help, should have had a full blue bar by the end of any of those quests. Why should I spend 500 gold out of the 1000 that I would get to sell off, to keep myself healed when the cleric can do it for free? Why have a cleric? Did it on hard today with a PUG group, all optionals, on hard, and the cleric had a full blue bar at the end of each quest.

I will heal myself after reading this. With the shrines, that is, 15 minutes at a time until I am fully healed or the cleric want to spend 10 mana on me to heal me up.

Unfortunately that is way on the other side of the spectrum. Every cleric should actually heal if all they are using is their spell points. STK and other low level quests should be fairly easy to keep everyone up and in good condition as long as it's a decent group and level appropriate. I have never had much of a problem once I got the hang of the game (1st character was a cleric) to keep up with the party needs most of the time without touching wands.

I do heal, and expect other clerics to heal during hard fights and after fights with very little help from non sp sources when the quest is easy enough to not need comsumables. What you had there wasn't a disgruntled cleric but rather a very very bad cleric.

Healing using free renewable sp is an entirely different manner than scroll/wand healing which can cost a cleric a ton of plat if they play like it's expected of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo Lives View Post
    Unfortunately that is way on the other side of the spectrum. Every cleric should actually heal if all they are using is their spell points. STK and other low level quests should be fairly easy to keep everyone up and in good condition as long as it's a decent group and level appropriate. I have never had much of a problem once I got the hang of the game (1st character was a cleric) to keep up with the party needs most of the time without touching wands.

I do heal, and expect other clerics to heal during hard fights and after fights with very little help from non sp sources when the quest is easy enough to not need comsumables. What you had there wasn't a disgruntled cleric but rather a very very bad cleric.

Healing using free renewable sp is an entirely different manner than scroll/wand healing which can cost a cleric a ton of plat if they play like it's expected of them.
    Not even resetting shrines in low level quests is enough to offset idiot PuG's. :LOL:

(Been having to deal with the "play your lowbie like an end game character" bunch lately. It's gotten so bad that I've coined the term "+5 Players of Greater Fun Bane" to properly describe them. (Playing rangers since day 1 I don't understand why it's so hard to understand that switching that +1 Dwarven Axe of Pure good for a +2 shield will improve your DPS at level 4.)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

I tend to agree with players being a little more self sufficient. To expect a cleric or other healer class to waste spell points, which can be absolutely precious many times, on 10 H.P., either be an adult and learn to cope with your knicks or carry your own CMW items. Behaving with presumptious entitlement to healing from the cleric over every lost hit point is obnoxious in the extreme. How about the fighter type who's a committed Lone Ranger who zergs away from the party at all times then starts griping, and I mean griping, for heals like the cleric is his dog and should not only be following him or her around everywhere but also be strongly psychic so that they know what the fighter needs at all times. If you're that fighter type, hey....screw you. Get your iron plated skull out of the backside of your plate armor and grow the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by dominp View Post
    Now I have played clerics before but this is exactly the reason that I now almost never do. Why do so many people insist on heals from the cleric when no battle is going on and could easly gulp down a pot or 2 to top off. I for one feel the only time a cleric should be dishing out heals is during battle or maybe someone running thru a trapped area that may cause him to go down, but if your able to sit there and type "heal?" then you can certaining click on a pot from your hotbar.... I know most people are just unprepared but come on, if your going to go running something like ww, stk, tangleroot or whatever make sure you are prepared. Bring your own pots and not just heals but lesser restore and remove curse also while your at it.
    You've made me nostalgic for my (temporary) retired BC. His name was Buysome Pots Clown. May he rest in peace.
    Cache - Katet
    In the words of the immortal Ryu - "See ya Suckas!"
    Code:
    Welcome back Gunga
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post
    What a word weasel.

I've rolled another cleric up in late March and he's lvl 9 now. My input will be the same as it always is. There is a huge skill gap between vets and noobs. I've run elite quests with vets who were below the quest level and things have gone smoothly, and I've run level appropiate normal quests that have tanked. The smooth quests were run by people with well established guild's names under their own names. I've only seen a few people not guilded that I'd run with again, and I haven't extended a guild invite to anyone. The player base is weakening. Carry pots or get dropped off at the shrine, I can heal myself.
    Last edited by Sambvca; 04-03-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    There's a 70% chance I was drunk, 20% hungover, 90% drinking, when I posted this. I think that's 185% alcohol is involved. You do the math, my grammar is immaculate.

I know this because I have started several characters on servers where I can't twink. I've been able to get Potions/Wands and use them. You can get numerous CLW potions in the Harbor just from the collectibles you pick up in the first level quests. ...
    I agree with some of this (the AH stuff) but not the rest my brotha. You may just have better luck than a lot of us in the game. Personally speaking, and I am not exaggerating here, I pick up five times more Oils of Light Repair than CL DUbs (cure light wounds) in the Harbor and Marketplace missions, er...quests (City of Villains habit there with the "missions" thing). CMW pots ain't cheap at the low levels, either, at about 340 g.p. each. The CLW's are much, much more affordable, but, as you know, they only heal 1-8 H.P. . That's good for a topper but not pulling you out of the danger zone when your toon's health gets too low and you still have three healthy enemies dogging you. You have to swaller so many of those to get back to good, even at the low levels, that your toon should be drunker than a peach orchard boar every time.

Still, I find that I do fine most of the time if I'm running Normal or Solo, no matter what class of toon I'm playing. These players that harp and whine, "heals please" every time they lose a hit point need to get a new and permanent perspective. Know what they remind me of? That South Park WoW episode where Cartman's mom is running downstairs every time he whines to catch his poo in a bucket. I don't care if it hair lips the Prince of Arabia, you won't find me doing that for'em.

Community Member

Interesting thread. I'd like to add my views and my own 'funny' cleric story. I've only played a cleric up to level 10 (my highest toon) so things may change at higher levels.

Back to the original point of healing between battles. I try and avoid using SP for between battle healing. SP healing is much faster so I save the SP for keeping players alive in battle. Potions are expensive but wands cost the same to everyone and are useable by a wide variety of classes. I expect anyone who can wand whip to help with between battle healing. There's no reason the cleric should be the only one spending plat on between battle heals. In addition it saves resources I may need later and get's the group back in shape quicker. Even using wands I rarely heal to 100%, you can chug a potion if you feel you need those last few HP. At low levels (harbor quests) I do not expect anyone (including the cleric) to have wands/pots so I am a bit more free with SP healing between battles but also tend to stop healing when a player get to about 80%. Players who can self heal can top themselves off those that can't tend to play a little more carefully, and hopefully learn that being self sufficient is a good thing.

My funny WW story.

I joined a group of level 3's & 4's for a WW quest with my level 4 cleric. The barbarian asked me if I was ready and I said I had no wands and no money but plenty of SP so we should be fine. My character was a dwarf cleric speced for maximum SP with a greater devotion item (just purchased off the AH and the reason for the no money). I figured with level 3's & 4's in WW I wouldn't need a wand. The barbarian says he has to run to the market for supplies and returns in a few minutes and hands me 4 CMW wands. This looks like overkill to me but I accept the wands with the intention of giving him back 4 unused wands at the end of the quest.

We enter the quest and the barbarian runs to the first battle and I see his red bar dropping like a stone. I run in and start healing just in time to keep him on his feet. As soon as the first battle is done he runs to the next and the same thing happens. Sometime during the third fight by blue bar is empty and I start using the wands. I am barely able to keep this guy standing and every battle I am standing there using a wand as fast as it recharges. No one else it taking much damage and except for an occasional top off heal between battles all my healing is on the barbarian. I come to every shrine with an empty blue bar and end up running from the shrine to the next battle site to try and get there before the barbarian dies.

At the end of the quest chain one wand is totally used up and a second only has a few charges left, but I never did let the barbarian die. I kept the unused wands and felt like I had earned them. I had lots of fun and was laughing my ass off as I was trying to keep the barbarian alive but would have been ****ed as hell if he had expected me to pay for 2 CMW wands to keep him alive for a WW run. BTW, the wands that I kept lasted me until 7th level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedim View Post
    I agree with some of this (the AH stuff) but not the rest my brotha. You may just have better luck than a lot of us in the game. Personally speaking, and I am not exaggerating here, I pick up five times more Oils of Light Repair than CL DUbs (cure light wounds) in the Harbor and Marketplace missions, er...quests (City of Villains habit there with the "missions" thing). CMW pots ain't cheap at the low levels, either, at about 340 g.p. each. The CLW's are much, much more affordable, but, as you know, they only heal 1-8 H.P. . That's good for a topper but not pulling you out of the danger zone when your toon's health gets too low and you still have three healthy enemies dogging you. You have to swaller so many of those to get back to good, even at the low levels, that your toon should be drunker than a peach orchard boar every time.

Still, I find that I do fine most of the time if I'm running Normal or Solo, no matter what class of toon I'm playing. These players that harp and whine, "heals please" every time they lose a hit point need to get a new and permanent perspective. Know what they remind me of? That South Park WoW episode where Cartman's mom is running downstairs every time he whines to catch his poo in a bucket. I don't care if it hair lips the Prince of Arabia, you won't find me doing that for'em.
    TR collectibles basically GIVE you CMW potions. The Red mushrooms in many mid range quests give you beetles and such that you can trade in for CSW potions. Sell the Oils on the AH or trade them with a WF for the CxW potions he gets. I have WF alts that get all mine, and they send all their CxW potions to my other characters.

During the holidays it wasn't hard to get Candy Canes. I still have around 6 of them on a couple characters.

Not trying to harp too much, but I am tired of the same people sneering at me in a quest for breaking barrels and picking up the "change" lying on the ground and the potions, or for picking up collectibles that we are going past anyway. "Collectibles are worthless." Then later on they grumble about how much potions cost them, how they need someone to cast a jump spell on them(when there were three Jump potions that came out of barrels along the way I picked up). They complain about **** in the chest and then leave the 20 +5 Holy Throwing Axes on the floor.

I don't go far out of my way to get said items, but when people are running past them anyway, it only takes a couple seconds more to pick them up.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast