Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hvymetal View Post
    Bah play your Cleric how YOU want, not how THEY want. If they need to have wands to survive let them wipe, you'll find with soundburst and command at low levels you are quite capable of finishing the quest without them, leave their stones and just finish the quest if they don't want to supply wands and get beligerent about you not being able to afford any.

I guess I got lucky, I never had that many problems with people giving me a hard time when I switched servers and started out with my 1st character, a Cleric. Of course that might also be because they got worried when the Cleric showed up and he was a Warforged with a Greatsword, they were probablly gratefull (and rightfully so) to get any healing at all

I completely agree . Your toon is just that, YOUR TOON. Play how you want. If a party does not like the way you play so be it. NBD. My cleric playstyle is to heal, DV, and do whatever it takes to keep the party alive and buffed "To the best of my ability". I will use up my resources to complete a quest, whether I get resources from other players or not. I chose to play a cleric. IMO A cleric is there to heal. Also, my other toons do what they can to be self sufficient "to the best of there ability". If and when my Cleric is broke (which is a lot), then I will not play him again until my other toons gain resources and resupply my cleric. A couple notes though I think will help...

1. If you zerg - you are on your own period. I fully believe in and support party teamwork playstyle. I WILL NOT run you down in the midst of battle, of mass of enemies to heal you. STAY WITH THE GROUP and you will get heals Even rez'd if you die if you stay with the grp. If you die while zerging, I will not waste a scroll and you will be a pocket toon until next shrine lol. I hate zergers!

2. If you are not a Cleric - Obtain as many cure pots/wands as you can, and heal yourself when battle is over. I for one will help you heal after battle to help you save your pots, but you would be amazed at how much better a group can go by doing that, and you do not have to be self sufficient, but to help the cleric save on mana so he/she can survive more than 1 or 2 quests per week. You would be amazed at how many clerics do in fact like people helping to heal thamselves. I for one am grateful because it helps me level faster lol.

Being on Khyber, I have had a lot of good groups, and of a lot of very bad demanding groups, of which I ignore some people and will never play with them again. I enjoy the role of a cleric, and just rolled up a level 1 lol. Just to be a portable shrine, nothing else. Trying out diffferent roles. "Work as a team, and REAP the rewards "

Thank you for reading and I hope I helpfully wasted 2 minutes of your time lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Snoggy View Post
    In all fairness, the fighter tactics abilities need to be focused on with at the very least enhancements. Usually with enhancements, weapon modifiers and maybe a feat. A fighter that hasn't spent any AP's on improving sunder in the mid to high levels really isn't going to land it often enough to matter. They'd be better off using an "of destruction" weapon for the same effect. Which a lot of fighters I know do carry them in the bags as toys.

I was in a Running With the Devils run last night and a fellow fighter didn't really have an effective weapon to use on the mobs, so he cursespewed and destructed their AC.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you sat down and talked to that guy about sunder or trip he'd have probably told you that the last time he tried mashing the buttons with any frequency the effects never landed and the mobs were dead too fast (i.e. he'd MISS the one hobgoblin in STK, it'd be dead, the next he might hit, but it'd Save against it). And that's why he stopped using the buttons. By the time he got to the high levels ... he hadn't invested many points in improving the skills so even though his To Hit roll was much higher now, the effect would almost always be resisted.

Fighters have to build to use those buttons with any level of success.
    Well, at least you know what Sunder is lol. I think we are actually saying the same thing. Many of us do not know our characters abilities, enhancememts, and feats very well. As a result technique suffers and knowledge of the best tactics is non existent (ie. if one does not know what Sunder is, can one know the benefit of using a destruction weapon. How often do we hear, "My vorpal isn't hitting?" Why lol is the shield blocker in the door hitting the mob, drawing agro and dieing?)

Seems like most clerics troubles come from parties taking high damage as a result of poor individual play or lack of teamwork and this makes the regular spamming of heals neccessary. As an example, rouges are not front line fighters. I have never played one and know nothing about the class but can tell you that for a fact. Nothing a rouge can do will make him one. So, please lol, take one step back from the front line.

All of us indivdually can do our part by learning our characters well so we won't just be swinging away. Then, if we are fortunate, we will get a good leader for our group of competent players who will make the best use of us.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

SP is free....use it if ya got it.

Wands (and God forbid Scrolls) are not free. Entirely up to you if you want to use them on someone else or not. IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Draclaud View Post
    Sorry guys... Got to disagree here.

If you're a non-battle cleric the group has you around to heal. Kinda like a wizard saying why should I GH you? Get your own Planar Gird. Sorry seems a bit petty to me.

We all have rolls in the party to play. Kinda unfair to expect a Ranger to wand heal himself up @ 13kgp per wand when you can do it at 30 spell points. Call me crazy...

Most of the folks I play with have no problem tipping me when I'm on my cleric. If you're not getting tipped maybe you should ask yourself why...

If you feel like it's ONLY your responsibility to heal in battle then hang up your cleric. Ask for tips if nessecary, warn em when you're getting low on mana, but don't be petty.
    Hmmmm.....
    My Battle Cleric heals.......just don't like to, and usually between fights, cause I'm not watching the health bars all the time.

None of my casters like to give out individual buffs.....GH for instance.
    There exceptions......Mummy intensive quests.....GH to rogues, especially in VON5.
    Fire in Taming the Flames.....stuff like that. But I'd like to actually fight with my mana....not just buff you and follow you through a dungeon and watch you have fun.

SP is free, but everyone should be as self sufficent as they can afford to be, and when the Cleric runs out of mana and doesn't have any wands.......well......your fun is now at an end. So if you can afford something that you know ill be useful....IMO buy it, carry it, use it on your self and others.
    (if one more Wiz asks me to remove his curse, I'm gonna scream!)

Default Don't we already...???

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit Baphomar View Post
    Sweet Tater, yer absolutely right.

Teamwork is becoming less and less prevelant.
    Casters dont buff, clerics dont heal, barbarians zerg.

EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!

New quest idea...6 different paths, we can all run off on our own!

I thought we already had that? Isn't that Von 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ~locks Erres in the ancient cage~

Quote Originally Posted by Extar View Post
    I wish I had read these posts before I started a Cleric. I am new to this game but I have played numerous online games. I also like being a healer. My cleric is level 3 and already I have seen situations that are described here. My first trip to the waterworks was not much fun at all. It seemed that everyone else was an alt and I was the only newbie. I got some harsh words when asked about wands and had to tell them I had none. When I told them I was new, one player told me I should not play a cleric being new. I did what I could to help the group out and we did finish the quest. I went to the market place to get some wands and almost had a heart attack when I saw the prices of wands. I dont see how turbine exspects a new cleric without a rich alt to buy those things. It would not be so bad but every group I join wants me to have them.

Also it seems like each group I join has a different view of how a cleric should be played. One group says do this another says no thats stupid do it this way. Another thing I have noticed is so far every group I have been in runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. It is very hard to heal when everyone is scattered all over the place. It seems that no one knows what teamwork is.

Anyway I think I wll put my cleric on the shelf for a while and try some other classes until I have a rich alt and find groups that stay together.
    If you need a cleric in WW, you suck!
    If they were on alts, they should have had pots/wands......not you.
    don't let them bother you......keep playing your cleric....use your own judgement on how much to spend on others.
    CLW wands are cheap.
    CC is cheaper....too bad no one knows what is means anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by theblaz View Post
    Ahh, I see. So you enjoy playing a mafioso cleric charging "protection fees", eh?

Hope that works out for you.
    Works out well for me. I hardly ever get to play my other toons because my guildie want me to play my cleric all the time. Besides I think you didnt understand what I was saying. I dont "charge" for healing but I do manage my mana very well. That includes the use of scrolls, wands, pots, and mana. If you can take a pot instead of having the cleric use mana to easy. You say SP are free but not really. If your out of SP and using wands then its not free. Besides why should the cleric shoulder the burden of buying wands and scrolls? Its not going to break the other fighter classes to buy a wand or two for the cleric to use. I do it with my non cleric toons and make sure the cleric get them or some plat. A vow of poverty is not a cleric requirment.
    Reality is for people with no imagination

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    Im sorry it angers you
    I was the cleric in that run, by the way...
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo Lives View Post
    A cleric should heal when needed. That is something that is best done by a cleric. After a battle a ranger and paladin can and should help out as well. At end game the only thing that really makes a huge difference is well timed mass heals and the heal spell. Up until then a class that can wand whip is just as good as a cleric after a battle, so if you want to get healed during the fight help heal after one too.

The real problem with finding good clerics is not that they are that expensive (at least until high levels) is that there are so many people who build a character with only end game in mind they are a complete mana sponge and waste at level 6 or 8.

I am leveling (among others) a dwarven cleric to basically replace my elven one (first character uber gimped) and I have yet to buy a wand or a scroll for him yet and he has just hit 8th level. Clerics are only expensive to level up if you let them be.

BUT what I am finding is that there are a ton of characters running around that are next to useless because they are built with high levels in mind and refuse to play a style that works for the level that they currently are. I did a Delera's run on normal lvls 5 - 7 which should be, and was, pretty straightforward and easy. However one member of the group was a WF bard 5/fighter 1 who I guess was going for the warchanter angle. The problem was he took more damage than the rest of the group combined, didn't (or couldn't) heal himself at all, and was contributing far less than other "melee" characters in the group. Give him another 5 or 6 levels he might be a great character (might), but now he was a pain in the neck and by far the biggest waste of a party slot.

I also recently did a normal run on Stormcleave also a lvl 5 - 7 group on normal. There were a couple of drow fighters that were level 6 and 7, and while they did rack up a lot of kills and seemed to be doing ok damage, but only ok neither one were all that impressive, they were taking a ton of damage every fight! I swear the level 7 fighter had maybe 80 or 90 hps and would have been dead within minutes if I wasn't constantly watching them. I swear to god sheild must be a dirty word at mid levels cause I almost never see anyone use one. You can't hit anything when dual weilding anyway and power attack means you take a -5 to hit. You will actually do more damage by turning it off and strapping on a shield!

For the love of all that is holy you can re do feats, enhancements, equipment pretty much anything except for stats. Up until lvl 10 or so a decent AC and a little self preservation goes a long long way. A level 8 cleric does not have access to the heal spell so we are left healing with CSW both in terms of wands and sp. It takes a lot to heal 250 hps, so unless you are bringing hams, candy canes, potions, or wands put on a damn sheild or watch your aggro and stop thinking it's level 16! This game is more than level 14+ and if more people payed attention to their effectiveness at mid levels you may have more clerics willing to play with you at those levels.
    QFT dude.

I've bumped into a few of those end-game players myself. The best was a wf barb 4 in Tangleroot dual-wielding acid khopeshes with powerattack permanently on. Not only did he need plenty of healing, his DPS wasn't great because he hit once out of four swings. I asked him if he had a shield and he said AC was a waste of time because monster bab outpaced character AC. Its better to go full DPS and take them down earlier apparently. Never mind that my cra*ppy healing-spec cleric could take down the gobs faster with a single gtr bane light mace, and take no damage...
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by dominp View Post
    I know the title " Your cleric shouldnt heal you after a battle" is taken very literally but it wasnt meant to be, probably more to stir up the debate and portray it as black and white when of course nothing ever is.

And yeah if a barbarian with 700hp is down that far of course as a cleric heal him, as I said before if the cleric was paying attention during battle hopefully the barbarian would never get down that far to begin with. But also I would hope the barbarian would realize all the mana being used on him could prevent heals down the line for someone else in the group and help the cleric out by downing a few CSW pots. Im not saying just using pots but helping the cleric out and supplement his healing with some pots also.

And I know pots and wands are expensive if your low level but come on, you can grab a CLW wand that rogues, paladins, rangers and bards can all use for about 800gp in the marketplace (well Rusty Nail now). I remember grabbing 1 clw wand on my ranger as soon as I got to level 2 and it lasted until I hit level 4. Again Im not using it to heal the entire party, Im just using it when I need to help heal myself and also if the cleric in the group were to go down. I cant tell you how many clerics and bards were amazed that I would have a wand to help heal myself after a battle, they were almost crying from joy.

And that is basically all this post was meant to convey, everyone has the ability to drink a pot, lots of us have the ability to use a wand. Grab what you can afford and do your part to help out, it will be appreciated.
    This is going to sound like a rant but do not take it as a rant, because it is not ...

As a Cleric, I have a habit of keeping my teammates to full health, it is my job . If there is a 700hp Barb, so be it. I will keep everyone healed as much as possible. All I would like is for people to take some "healers friend" enhancements. You get a larger amount of healing from one cast than if you didn't have the enhancement and it wouldn't drain the mana as bad. You will find that the ones without healers friend are always complaining about the mana usage of clerics and wonder why we go to wands quickly. Very frustrating, but it is, as I said, my job to keep the team healed, so I will with every mana, wand and scroll I have. After all, the more I keep you healed, the faster I level hehe. As far as a cleric paying attention to the barb and getting their hp that low, well, the party needs healing, "not just the barbarian". Especially at low levels, mass healing is not offered until higher up, and don't get me started on mana cost for those. So be patient and yes, if you have your own healing, it reduces our mana and wand/scroll usage for the next big battle. You will survive longer lol. I fully agree with this poster, try to be as self reliant as you can. No one should go flat broke because of heal pots, wands, scrolls or what have ya.

BTW - if you have mass cure serious wounds spell, look at the level lmao. It shows as a level VIII when it is only a VII

my low level casters kinda focus on CC and charm. the group gets more benifit from a charmed mob then me spaming one of the few offencive spells I got and it landing 1/3 times or less. the reson I picked being a caster is cause I wanted to stay outta combat and this seamed like the way to go.

am hoping as I level I'll be able to figure out what spells are best used and figure out how to do dammage while keeping things away from me. have to say that the shadowmage vedio had a big impact on my playstyle, ranged rogues were always my thing, and a stealthy caster is also alot of fun. having time to watch the mobs and pick the best way to deal with em instead of running in to bash them to death.

I also recently rolled a cleric and am missing the CC I had on my wiz. healing was always fun to me, but my cleric not really high enough level yet to do much more then minor heals. so with out any dammage to gring to the group, or CC, or decent buffs, my cleric feels kinda useless. also all my chars are low levels so I don;t have the money to supply the cleric with wands for when the SP runs out. though after telling a friend this I found about 12 clw wands in my mailbox. so will be out healin in harbot quests tonight mostlike

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill525 View Post
    my low level casters kinda focus on CC and charm. the group gets more benifit from a charmed mob then me spaming one of the few offencive spells I got and it landing 1/3 times or less. the reson I picked being a caster is cause I wanted to stay outta combat and this seamed like the way to go.

am hoping as I level I'll be able to figure out what spells are best used and figure out how to do dammage while keeping things away from me. have to say that the shadowmage vedio had a big impact on my playstyle, ranged rogues were always my thing, and a stealthy caster is also alot of fun. having time to watch the mobs and pick the best way to deal with em instead of running in to bash them to death.

I also recently rolled a cleric and am missing the CC I had on my wiz. healing was always fun to me, but my cleric not really high enough level yet to do much more then minor heals. so with out any dammage to gring to the group, or CC, or decent buffs, my cleric feels kinda useless. also all my chars are low levels so I don;t have the money to supply the cleric with wands for when the SP runs out. though after telling a friend this I found about 12 clw wands in my mailbox. so will be out healin in harbot quests tonight mostlike
    You have two perfectly effective CC spells on your Cleric, Soundburst (fort save good vrs. casters) Command (will save good vrs. melee). Those two spells are your friends
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Quote Originally Posted by Hvymetal View Post
    You have two perfectly effective CC spells on your Cleric, Soundburst (fort save good vrs. casters) Command (will save good vrs. melee). Those two spells are your friends
    ah yes I do use command quite offen now that you mention it but I don't think I have access to soundburst, either its a lvl 2 or hire spell or I'm just missing it on the spell list. my cleric is really low and dispite how much I liked healing, making kobalds take naps wasn't as fun as talkin them into believing they buddy was after they mother. or makin all of em just stand there.

took a coupla days off of it and I can;t wait to get back to it and get a few more levels on my cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Snoggy View Post
    In all fairness, the fighter tactics abilities need to be focused on with at the very least enhancements. Usually with enhancements, weapon modifiers and maybe a feat. A fighter that hasn't spent any AP's on improving sunder in the mid to high levels really isn't going to land it often enough to matter. They'd be better off using an "of destruction" weapon for the same effect. Which a lot of fighters I know do carry them in the bags as toys.

I was in a Running With the Devils run last night and a fellow fighter didn't really have an effective weapon to use on the mobs, so he cursespewed and destructed their AC.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you sat down and talked to that guy about sunder or trip he'd have probably told you that the last time he tried mashing the buttons with any frequency the effects never landed and the mobs were dead too fast (i.e. he'd MISS the one hobgoblin in STK, it'd be dead, the next he might hit, but it'd Save against it). And that's why he stopped using the buttons. By the time he got to the high levels ... he hadn't invested many points in improving the skills so even though his To Hit roll was much higher now, the effect would almost always be resisted.

Fighters have to build to use those buttons with any level of success.
    heh i've yet to see an orthon or devil get tripped

ya reminded me I wanted to look that up... soundburst is lvl 2 spell so I can't wait to get it. but I got a way offtopic question here. alot of the buff spell can be enlarged? does this turn a single target spell into an area buff?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill525 View Post
    ya reminded me I wanted to look that up... soundburst is lvl 2 spell so I can't wait to get it. but I got a way offtopic question here. alot of the buff spell can be enlarged? does this turn a single target spell into an area buff?
    No it merely enlarges the range from which you can buff somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    [LIST=1][*]Yes, clerics SHOULD be healing after a battle. Those tanks go down, kiss your butt goodbye next.
    Isn't this what bb is for?

drop bb

kite mobs

step3-rez silly tanks
    Dreadbringer::DreadEngine::DreadCountes::DreadWarrior::DreadMaster::PinkyDiddles::Lennal::DreadMistres::DreadMatron::DreadCherub::DreadKing::More Coming!

Community Member

The way I see it (and play it) ...

If you cast buffs on the party, make an effort to heal yourself, and use clickies/potions/wands/spells to assist the group then I have no problem refilling your last 400hp.

If you buff yourself, fight by yourself, and then stand around waiting for heals - I will happily to take you to the next shrine.

Do I expect a 600 HP barbarian to drink 30 potions - of course not - but making an effort by drinking a couple (that is trying to help out as best you can) is all I need to hook you up the rest of the way.
    Characters: Maels
    Guild: Maelstrom
    Server: Thelanis
    http://maelstrom-ddo.guildportal.com

Default *puke*

Bah!

If a cleric doesn't heal, I don't swing my sword, or pull my bow, or cast my spell.

I do not tip EVERY cleric I run with. I will if they expend what I consider excessive resources. I will also help out with wands/$$ when Rangers/Bards/Pallys are the "healers" in the group.

Yes wands are expensive, as are pots. But through enhancements, clerics and bards get MORE from a single charge of a wand than a ftr/wizzy/rgr will get from a pot.

The names have been removed from the following account, and certain liberties taken with factual events to help with storyline. but consider the following:

<before quest>

"You must carry pots to heal yourself!", the cleric says. What do you mean you don't have remove blindness pots?! No remove curse pots, what were you thinking? No lesser resto? Sux to be you. How can you even think of coming into a quest without resist pots!? Sorry, wizzy doesn't throw haste, what do you mean no haste pots?!! No neutralize poison? remove paralysis? *** were you thinking??!!! What kind of toon are you playing??!!! Now be a good fighter and run to the auction house and get a transmuter, you are gonna need one on this quest, can't believe you didnt have one before. If you can make it a transmuter of maiming, and find one with a better crit range than usual. Oh, and better bring your vorpal, disruptor, banisher, destruction weap, and wounding of puncturing as well. What do you mean no WoP?!!! What kind of fighter are you??!!! Your ac is 49?? You took your +5 prot item off to use your disease immunity item!!?? You have pots for that!! You don't have pots?? Well go GET them! What kind of armor are you wearing?? What kind of fighter doesnt have +5 MFP!!?? Dammit man, you need that +6 str item to go from 35 to 36 str. While your there pick up a +6 con item too, and a +5 Frost Holy Burst Flametouched Iron Smiting Kohpesh of Pure Good as well.

<quest begins>

.....Party leader says, "Ftr run up and go get aggro and bring it back here to CC." (ftrs runs up, gets pounded on, comes back) Oh, ftr I am not healing you because you zerged! Heal yourself. Ftr starts running through CSW pots, but he still has aggro and eleventy-seventy-seven mobs beat him to a pulp before he gets 17 of 550 HP back from his pot. "Dumb ftr", thinks cleric, "he can just ride in my back pocket for a while! That will show him!" "Wizzy!!! Dammit heal yourself!!" (wizzy now has all aggro cuz ftr is dead and mobs are ****ed at his firewall, which he was thrilled to notice was a crit (glad he took that enhancement). Wizzy dies. "Squishy wizzy! Why don't they have more hit points?", thinks cleric, "Hmmpf! He can ride in the back pack!" Somehow rogue and cleric make it to a shrine with the rangers. Cleric throws stones on the floor, spits on them, and leaves. Ftr gets back 88 of his 550 HP (he has no heal skill, man wish that cleric would have stuck by the shrine), sighs and starts quaffing pots. Wizzy does the same, with fewer HP, and starts to buff ftr. Cleric yells, "Enough of that!!! He has pots for buffs! Get back here and stoneskin me!" Ftr sighs and quaffs more pots. Rejoins party. "Ftr!! You haven't done anything all quest!", cleric booms, "Lead the way!" Ftr steps out front, trips a fire trap. Thankfully the first 10 points are blocked by the resist pot. Unfortunately the other 560 are not. Ftr dies. "Dumb ass ftr can just go back into the hip pocket!" Ftr sighs.....

<FINALLY!! The quest ends...>

The group looks at the massive chest. What wonderous items might be contained within? The ftr, winning the draw, pulls back the hasp, lifts the lid, and looks. Sitting there, all for him, as if it has his name on it, is a +3 wisdom tome. Tears fill his eyes at the beauty of it! It shines, it glows even. He is filled with inner peace and joy for the first time in his life. THIS is why he became an adventurer! "AHEM!!!", says the cleric, shattering his contentment, "You are going to give that to me right?" The ftr, is confused. Granted it doesn't take much to do that, but this is enough. Looking back at the cleric he asks, "Why would I do that??!!" "Why!?", the clerice yells, "Why!! I'll tell you why!........
    So I can HEAL you better!!!!!"

Okay, so it was all BS, and I demonized the cleric and the rangers were there just to fill out six slots, and it was a raid, and etc etc... Don't bore me with the critic's analysis. The point is, we ALL have roles in a party. NOTHING is cheap in this game. Should a cleric who expended ungoldly (intentional misspell) resources be reimursed? I can see that. But there are expenses all around. Repair bills, stoneskin ingredients, weapons, etc. Folks should help where they can, but keep in mind it costs EVERYONE. I have never heard of anyone kicking in towards a fighter's repair bill when, by need or negligence, he dies several times in a quest. Or kick in to the sorc/wizzy that has been throwing diamond dust around for stoneskins. We must carry all those pots, what's next? Non-casters must carry M. mana pots for casters who run low or they won't cast spells? Bah I tell you. Bah.

Yes, Rangers can help with healing, but really, why not keep their mana for buffs? You get better use of it in the long run. Again, clerics can get MUCH better numbers with spells/wands than rangers. And in the long run isn't +4 to everyones AC or resists, or mass LS, or FoM a better use of their mana? Higher AC, fewer hits. Resists, less dmg from elements. FoM, not bogged down in fog/slipping on ice hence less damage taken, or more dealt on mobs. Mass LS, well I just like to see the light at my heels. Same goes for stoneskin, blur, displacement, bards songs, GH, etc. They either reduce end dmg to party or increase dmg to mobs - thereby reducing end dmg to party (shorter fight - fewer chances for mobs to hit you).

If you want to complain about the high cost of gaming, feel free. But remember it costs everyone.

Oh, and sorry about the +5 Frost Holy Burst Flametouched Iron Smiting Kohpesh of Pure Good - I got carried away.
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by phillun View Post
    heh i've yet to see an orthon or devil get tripped
    I have tripped and stunned Devils. That is when Luthan leaves one standing long enough for me to get a trip or stun through. I might have stunned an Orthon once. I thought I saw the lights around his head, but I was busy getting my ass handed to me by another Orthon so I can't be sure.
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast