Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dogchair View Post
    ok. This is meant to be a positive, insight thread to why BL happens, good ways to use the TOOL and bad reasons to use the WEAPON.

What I want to hear, is from unguilded peeps, and guild officers and leaders, and everyone else in between, out there and even cowdenicus...:-)

1. Do you feel Blacklisting should occur?
    2. What are your good reasons for BL a person. (IND)
    3. What merits a guild blacklisting a person.
    4. What merits a guild blacklisting a guild.
    5. What merits a person Blacklisting a guild
    and so on.

I know many people have different ideas of what the "guidelines" for this are, or should be.

How do we keep it as a tool and not a weapon?
    1. Yes.

2. My rational/reasons are as follows: THis is DDO and in large part is meant for grouping. Taking that into consideration, when a Person is rude, disrespectful, controlling, argumenative, insensative and unruly, then they should be blacklisted. I beleive that the indivdual and/or guild MUST meet all of the aforementioned criteria before being blacklisted though. Why? Because sometimes people get online after having a bad day and forget to check themselves. As such, sometimes you will catch a person on an off day and they may inflict non-intentional negativity. Having said that, if they meet the above mentioned actions, THEN I GIVE THEM basically a 3 STRIKE RULE. because again, sometimes your gonna catch somebody on an off day and they may very well fit all those terms. I myself have pretty good recall and remember most people/guilds if not everything and everyone I transact with. Most noteably, I remeber very good players and very bad players which make my recall easier.

3. IMO a guild should blacklist a person/guild only if your guild has had the majority of members relate similar negative history about said person/guild. Again, three strike rulle applies. So if you receive three complaints from three different guildies from three different quests on different dates (i.e. avoid three guildies complaining about the same quest). then this would apply. Again, the act for blacklist should be hanus enough that it requires blacklisting. Personally, playing bad is not grounds for blacklisting, but the above mentioned mentality should apply.

4. A guild blacklisting should be the result of your guild officers descicion after making attempts to reconcile the problem with the opposing guild and said reconciliation has failed. Moreover, if the offender of the opposing guild is an officer or leader of said guild, then only your Leader or highest ranking officer should have a sit down with him and see if they can resolve the mitigating issue. Failure results in blacklisting.

5. See response to #2

As a tool: Blacklisting should be used in the strictest sense and not as a weapon ever. In fact it shouldnt be perceived as a weapon at all. It is merely a tool to eliminate potential problems down the road with a specific person/guild so that your guild and memebers can maximize their enjoyability without additional conflict. Most people that you play with will sometimes run with the blacklisted person and not have the same negative result with them. Its in your and the guilds best interest not to disclose which individuals are blacklisted in order eliminate any outside potential problems while playing with other people.

On the other hand - im not in a guild so I dont care who knows how I feel about someone.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Yes, and If I tell you I blacklist you make sure you write it down and never group with me again, I'm too lazy to keep my own list. You should realize I said I never would run with you again.

We need good reasons? Man, have to rethink my list.

Cookies- no cookies = no group

Don't think I can name one guild I would blacklist besides my own. We have a bunch of tools in my guild, and I'm not talking about shovels.

Beer. Speaking of beer, it's almost beer o'clock.
    Judas Dulcimur- Tone Deaf Bard of The Burning Legion
    Jardue Heavy Boots - Tree Stump fighter
    Latianar - Master locksmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Iafte View Post
    Don't think I can name one guild I would blacklist besides my own. We have a bunch of tools in my guild, and I'm not talking about shovels.
    You have Hoe's in your guild? Nice.
    GUILD: {Officer of Oblivion} SERVER: {Resident of Ghallanda} CHARACTERS: {Sonyaa Red: Barbarian} {Oynx the Magnificent: Barbarian} {Sonyaaa Blue: Sorcerer} {Krowd Kontrol: Sorcerer} {Ravick : Wizard} {Fourgotten Soldier: Fighter/Paladin} {Mischief: Rogue} {Parra Medic: Cleric}

Quote Originally Posted by apious1 View Post
    wheres the sign up list for that guild
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Default oh oh oh

Quote Originally Posted by apious1 View Post
    Can I get an invite? or atleast a groping, um I mean grouping

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    wheres the sign up list for that guild
    You can't join. They have been blacklisted

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Blacklists = politics

Many want to be El Presidente and Dictator of Stormreach for life, when we all pay to play; the 16th level guy with all the raid loot who can solo the titan, the 1st level dwarf rogue with 10 Intelligence. We are all the same and equal in our importants in the game.

A public blacklist is very arrogant and self important imo. If there is someone you prefer not to play with, hey its your 15$, dont play with him.

To spread your dislike of a person/group and influence others to feel as you do is wrong.

More on point with the topic, I think blacklisting is a personal tool and is uneccessary with the /squelch feature in place

As a weapon it does no harm to the intended target, instead it is actually doing harm to the user.

While he thinks he is actually making life hard for his intended target he is only really making life hard on himself.... how?

Every name on the list makes the circle of people he is willing to play with smaller and smaller...... yet with every name he adds it makes his intended targets circle larger and larger. Eventualy the only person not on his list will be himself........ and he will finally be free to play without all the people who annoy him....... until he starts to annoy himself that is.

/squelch if you must but leave the politics to those who are trying to control the world.

Me ..... I just wanna play in it.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

I blacklist myself everyday. =)
    ~Death will be swift~
    Vesuvia Hellfyre - THAC0

he he he I zerg all the time. In fact, if at all possible, I try to pull the entire dungeon and kill it off in one gigantic battle.

I have made people cry
    I have carried 5 stones in my inventory
    I don't have disco ball, blur, acid fog and many other popular spells
    When I joined a party I've had people start laughing till they cry, that could not wait to see the partys reaction.
    I have been kicked from a group before for zerging
    Been yelled at for stealing every single kill from the tanks

... multiple times

Gosh, I sure hope I got blacklisted somewhere along the line.

It... gets me hot =)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

Guess Ive blacklisted a few but for serious offenses IMO. Treating someone like dirt, or one person because he didnt want to heal my wf so let me die, people who say they are better then anyone else........etc etc.....most of these people are ones thatcant judge a game from real life and have seriously lost touch with reality. Its just a game but that doesnt mean I have to listen to them in a group =)

Community Member Naturelaughslast's Avatar

As much as I have played I find I have never "blacklisted" anyone. If I don't like you or find you an annoying person or selfish detriment to the party-rare, but happening more since many gamers are switching from other games(wow) to our nicer more mature community, I just remember the name and don't group with them anymore. Complex I know but the server is huge and If I want to avoid the few people on the small list I keep in my head its quite easy. As far as guilds go, after a while you just get to know the ones that are reliable and group with them accordingly.
    ---Ghallanda Server, Officer of Darkhorse Legion...Farnese of the Uber Bardyness---
    Alice: I was just wondering if you could help me find my way. Cheshire Cat: Well that depends on where you want to get to. Alice: Oh, it really doesn't matter.. Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn't matter which way you go. -Alice in Wonderland

I had a personal BL. It was basically 2 or 3 people, they were REAL BIG A******'s, not once but consistently. Other people put up with them and that is perfectly fine. I chose to not party w/ them ever again, and haven't. But I'm not going to tell everyone I know not to party w/ them, it's your choice. So yes, I think if used as a personal tool to help preserve your own personal enjoyment, that's fine, but I would really like to make the choice myself if I'm going to BL someone, vs. having a group or guild BL someone for me.

I think there's nothing wrong w/ retelling a quest that had notable actions taken by someone good or bad, but don't try to shove your BL on anyone, this of course includes me.
    Of course I can be in here, the door was clearly unlocked, and yes, I always dress in black and put shoe polish on my face.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...12#post1440712

Interesting...

We do not blacklist people, we do laugh our ###'s off on ventrilo. The game is a game, that you play, not get played by. So, when we run across Tools, we make light of the situation.

We have been super lucky. We have met many fun, great, not so great, avg and a few tool players. It is all good. We ran with a couple tools the other day. I won't mention the guild, but we feel our core is strong enough to compensate the warm body. Plus best of all we get to laugh our ####'s off.

Start taking it as a comical relief and just laugh. You just need to make sure you have a strong enough core to compensate the comic relief. You will find that the dungeons can be quite interesting with a background of laughter, jabs and the occasional dragging their stone with a rake back to the shrine to watch them die again.

Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Just to head this off at the pass before anyone gets themselves in hot water...

the forums prohibit "blacklisting" posts (reference: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=18397)

So be veeeery careful when engaging in discussion about such a topic that you aren't singling out anyone or anyone's guild
    /blacklists Tolero

I will never raid with you again!
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams

Community Member marcosoneghett's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    /blacklists Tolero

I will never raid with you again!
    Unfortunately games are social interactions. Even tougn were civilized and respect each other, we all have the right to not want to group (i.e have social interactions) with a person. That said, every time i put a person on my blacklist (and fortunately have been few), that makes me kind of sad.
    Gallandha Main:Selano; Alts: Phaenre; Bonno; Khazad; Montolio * Thelanis Main: Syrrion; Alts: Kaled; Aylon * Khyber Main: Toylan; * Argonessen Main: Steelcaster; Alt: Syrrion * Sarlona Main: Bonno. and many others on all these servers.

Wink

I tried to blacklist dogchair, but since he is in my guild he still ends up in my groups all the time.
    HMMMMMM
    Co-Leader of The Souls of the Night (Ghallanda)
    Questar (retired) Questarr (Level 16 Fighter) Phyromania (Level 16 Sorc) Rezyalater (Level 16 Cleric) Boxgoboom (Level 16 Rogue) Facebreaker (Level 16 Barb)

My guild does have a blacklist but it is certainly not mandatory. It serves more as a warning than anything else. In fact one person is blacklisted that is the second in command of my other guild, LOL. I certainly think that it is part of a guild's function to warn fellow members about bad situations that they may have run into but it is always up to the player whether they follow that advice or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Please forgive my personal attack, I was high on Platypus Venom at the time.

I get the funny feeling I have been squelched by a few players....

Like asking if someone wants a rez and getting no answer when they are moving round the place...

Problem is, most of them are guildies....

I'M SORRY, OK???!!!!
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Congratulations everyone on being able to discuss this without getting the thread monitored.

Yes
    Someone who so annoys me that it sucks the fun out of the game.
    I don't believe in guild-wide blacklisting

I use blacklisting - ok, the squelch list - to keep track of those I never ever want to interact with again. But I have a thick skin, and I try to allow for people who might just be having a bad day; there are only two names on my list. I would never add an entire guild, by definition it is all about the individual.

IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast