Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member elderon_Lafeet's Avatar

Default Anyone interested in a competition?

Anyone else want to do a informal competition? I am kinda bored atm, and am wondering if anyone else is feeling this
    My idea:
    Add the combined time from running these 3 quests on elite solo-style (Feast or Famine, Invaders, and Relic) with a melee toon.
    The lowest combined time wins. We can prove this with screenshots. And yes, I know this rule can be broken by just having a cleric running with you keeping u alive and not killing anything, but I think in general we are trustworthy so disregard that heh. Anyone else interested, because I would love doing this kinda thing on my Halfing Ranger (Isabowman) Btw no prizes but bragging rights.
    Sincerly, competitive person

Default challange

bowman did you just issua a challange you know hevanas will gladly take you up on that cause he is so in compettion with you lol just play but ya does sound like a blast, RANGERS ROCK
    Hevanas lvl 15Ranger1rogue,Innovindil lvl 16Wizard,soulstriker lvl 13 fighter/barb,,ghranrul lvl 4 bard, siegrahm lvl 5 cleric
    Sun War Academy from Lhazaar, favorite guild
    Knights of Tiamat last known members: Chadzz, Gierwin, Hevanas

Interesting. Your post indicates melee, however, your name suggests otherwise.

he he, he is staying with melee because he is scared of casters? Is is because we run through invaders like it was butchers path?

muuuahahahahahaha =)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

Quote Originally Posted by DesertBlue View Post
    Interesting. Your post indicates melee, however, your name suggests otherwise.
    Never grouped with me eh?

Did relic today http://www.filenanny.com/files/46a2c...nShot00069.jpg
    http://filenanny.com/files/46a2c1463...nShot00064.jpg
    Had to res out cause one of the silly dwarve stunning blowed me sigh 41 mins though, doing invaders and feast tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by elderon Lafeet View Post
    Never grouped with me eh?
    ummm ... Melee? Tank? 286 HPS? Maybe you should re-roll and make a good Tempest Ranger.. Then you CAN melee, Instead of switching to Manyshot after 2 hits in Lobster.. pfft

A melee toon doesn't need to kite around mobs using a bow.. or run around healing... Maybe you should say your toon is a good self-sufficient toon that enjoys questing solo... Damage dealer? Sure.. Melee/Tank ? pfft ..
    Last edited by Khroc; 03-20-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    ummm ... Melee? Tank? 286 HPS? Maybe you should re-roll and make a good Tempest Ranger.. Then you CAN melee, Instead of switching to Manyshot after 2 hits in Lobster.. pfft

A melee toon doesn't need to kite around mobs using a bow.. or run around healing... Maybe you should say your toon is a good self-sufficient toon that enjoys questing solo... Damage dealer? Sure.. Melee/Tank ? pfft ..
    aww come on khroc, do bam on elite and post it =)

I'll see about running through it as well. Fun stuff.
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

You cant melee with a bow. Thats called ranged combat. Bit of a difference there.
    Arobot - Consummate - Katanee - Leatherneck - Tanaki - Thejusticar - Transcendent - Tufelhunden - Ultimatum
    Forsaken Souls Ghallanda

lol.. ROA !!!! Hey man..

Do BAM with what? A Tank? lol ... Would take forever... now a ranger using ranged weapons and kiting them around is different..

I never said Isa wasn't or could not be an effective damage dealer or that any good ranger couldn't be self-sufficient. I simply stated that he always claims he is a tank. Tanks dont run around kiting mobs... A sorc could do that. A tank mitigates damage and goes toe to toe with mobs or in the PVP. A tank doesn't run around healing himself. Granted you could go umd or take a lvl of paly or ranger and wand whip yourself, sure. But what tank has 286 hps at lvl 16? Being able to solo a quest.. sure.. more power to ya.. not bad.. way to go !! But don't claim you are a melee tank..

Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    lol.. ROA !!!! Hey man..

Do BAM with what? A Tank? lol ... Would take forever... now a ranger using ranged weapons and kiting them around is different..

I never said Isa wasn't or could not be an effective damage dealer or that any good ranger couldn't be self-sufficient. I simply stated that he always claims he is a tank. Tanks dont run around kiting mobs... A sorc could do that. A tank mitigates damage and goes toe to toe with mobs or in the PVP. A tank doesn't run around healing himself. Granted you could go umd or take a lvl of paly or ranger and wand whip yourself, sure. But what tank has 286 hps at lvl 16? Being able to solo a quest.. sure.. more power to ya.. not bad.. way to go !! But don't claim you are a melee tank..
    Bah, I don't know who you run these days, but I'm convinced if it's melee you can do BAM solo, even on elite. In less then an hour.
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

http://www.filenanny.com/files/46a2c...nShot00072.jpg
    Invaders elite time, pretty dang proud of that 28 mins no deaths. Mind you, it took 2 tries
    *EDITED Im running feast on sunday or something, was gonna do it today, but invaders was harder than expected
    Last edited by elderon Lafeet; 03-20-2008 at 04:45 PM.

isabowman doesnt count as a tanke what is this, have you ever went toe to toe with him guess not any ranger is also considered a tank with the right build, my ranger 228 hp at lvl 16 ac 45 probably not the best tank but a 32 reflex save gives him the ability to take on most caster standing still, what barb can take 10 max empowerd dbf and still atack, hmmm sources point to none if you say tank everyone assumes 500 hp and 60 ac well there was a lil rogue on lhazaar 72 ac 192 hp cant remember his name but if you tried to tell me he is not a tank i would laugh he can stand up against the sr on elite and not take one hit except on a crit. so comeone lets open the term tank up a little bit
    Hevanas lvl 15Ranger1rogue,Innovindil lvl 16Wizard,soulstriker lvl 13 fighter/barb,,ghranrul lvl 4 bard, siegrahm lvl 5 cleric

Final time for feast=
    http://www.filenanny.com/files/46a2c...nShot00074.jpg *I AM AWARE THE LINK IS NOT WORKING, GETTING ON IT
    33 minutes no ressing out

Total times 41 relic 38 invaders 33 feast= 112 mins=1:58
    Last edited by elderon Lafeet; 03-22-2008 at 04:15 PM.

ok! I'll give it a shot too.

I don't do disco balls or charm of any kind. I'm a pure nuker and proud of it =)

http://i30.tinypic.com/mt6o8w.jpg

Invaders next huh... without leaving for mana... hmm. I'll give it a shot
    Last edited by Varis; 03-23-2008 at 12:51 PM.
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

Quote Originally Posted by Elvish Ranger View Post
    isabowman doesnt count as a tanke what is this, have you ever went toe to toe with him guess not any ranger is also considered a tank with the right build, my ranger 228 hp at lvl 16 ac 45 probably not the best tank but a 32 reflex save gives him the ability to take on most caster standing still, what barb can take 10 max empowerd dbf and still atack, hmmm sources point to none if you say tank everyone assumes 500 hp and 60 ac well there was a lil rogue on lhazaar 72 ac 192 hp cant remember his name but if you tried to tell me he is not a tank i would laugh he can stand up against the sr on elite and not take one hit except on a crit. so comeone lets open the term tank up a little bit
    melee =/= tank

below 400 hp's you'll just have a hard time tanking.

You got 228 HP's? AC 45? ... my sorcerer has 222 HP and 44AC ... she happens to also have stoneskin and displacement on all the time.

Not... a... tank...
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    melee =/= tank

below 400 hp's you'll just have a hard time tanking.

You got 228 HP's? AC 45? ... my sorcerer has 222 HP and 44AC ... she happens to also have stoneskin and displacement on all the time.

Not... a... tank...

wit that ac and hp what kind of saves do you have, i have tanked with that and done a fine job, plus i self heal.......TANK

good stuff great job

I don't do disco balls or charm of any kind. I'm a pure nuker and proud of it =)

Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

Dude, ./salute sick time/run. Im gonna have to come back in and beat ur time on isabowman.

http://www.filenanny.com/files/46a2c...nShot00076.jpg
    http://www.filenanny.com/files/46a2c...nShot00075.jpg

Beat you by two minutes ftw
    *29 min run brings total time to:
    29+38+33=100=1:40
    Last edited by elderon Lafeet; 03-24-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast