Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JFeenstra View Post
    mineral 2 adds keen, so there's no reason NOT to make a maul if you're making a 2h weapon, as both greatsword and maul have the same threat range
    Thought maul was 20/x3 vs greatsword 19/x2?
    \x/es
    Torgomund 17/1 Rngr/Rog . . Thundorf 16/2/2 Bard/Ftr/Barb . . Zarron 10/2 Wiz/Rog
    RIP Class Forums 3/9/2011

Default Question

So a transmuting greater evil outsider out damages a greensteel transmuter?
    Leader of PESTILENCE!!Loot whoring is our business and business is GOOD! Revrend Band.
    "I would never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    Varies. I number crunch enough so I won't do it now but I would assume it depends on certain factors. The + of the transmuting greater bane being one. The mineral 2 weapons have slicing too...while only 1d4 .. it averages out to about 2.5 damage per swing. When comparing slicing to the extra 1d6 the greater bane has over the mineral 2 ( holy 2d6 v. greater bane 3d6)... its only about 1 point extra of damage. Then factor in that green steel weapons have bigger base damage... and it is about even...and in certain circumstances...in a Mineral 2 weapons favor.

Remember looking at the numbers for a mineral 2 khopesh verse a transmuting greater evil outsider bane khopesh and concluding it was about even. But the disparity between a reg. khopesh base damage and that of a green steel isn't as large as it is for other weapons say a greataxe.

I am sure the numbers change if we are talking bout a +3/4 transmuting greater bane.

Community Member

mineral 2 adds keen, so there's no reason NOT to make a maul if you're making a 2h weapon, as both greatsword and maul have the same threat range
    Uh, no.

Keened Maul is 19-20
    Greatsword is 19-20
    Keen Greatsword is 17-20

Plus greatswords have bigger physical damage dice, and greataxes would let you use Dwarf Axe Damage II.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Uh, no.

Keened Maul is 19-20
    Greatsword is 19-20
    Keen Greatsword is 17-20

Plus greatswords have bigger physical damage dice, and greataxes would let you use Dwarf Axe Damage II.
    When he originally posted that ... green steel axes weren't in the game yet

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    when talking about hitting said Red name....

the numbers are so close its a virtual tie.... if you have the transmuter at this point you really dont need to craft the greensteel...but next mod who knows what the boss will be maybe a hafling lol.... the greensteel will be good for the long haul...
    if ya dual wield...stick a transmuter in one hand ....craft for the other....

hey we know 95% of the time what your really carrying---> w/p rapers.... i vote you use my L ings on a nice Green Kopesh

jrp

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    The larges took forever but I went with this slasher:

Oh... yeah... it is a maul... but due to transmuting it always lists slashing as the damage type (except on skellies and such). Plus it's slicing for some reason. I figure it has some sharp mineral granules embedded on the maul head.

I went acid/good-burst over holy/acid-burst since I built it to replace most of my other mauls and I want it to work on elementals, portals and such.

When rolling a 20... I need more screen real-estate for all the numbers...

trying to find the best two handed weapon, and i found this...
    does this craft(maul with slash) still work?

Edited my earlier post to clarify: Lightning 2 is superior to Mineral 2 on Normal.

Damage comparison, assuming Falchion:

Base damage: Equal
    Tier 1 damage: Holy on both (equal)
    Tier 2 damage: Shocking Burst (3.5 on hits, 9 on crits) vs. Acid Burst (0 due to resist acid 30)
    Tier 3 damage: Shocking Blast (5.5 on crits, 14 on vorpal rolls) vs. Acid Blast (0)
    Synergy bonus damage: Lightning Strike (15 damage per successful hit, 2.5% chance of 600 damage) vs. Beating DR (15 damage per hit) AND slicing (2.5 damage per hit)

Total:

Lightning 2: Ahead 1 damage on a hit, 12 on a crit, 26 on a vorpal strike - assuming an attack bonus of 38+, that's 5.3 damage per swing ahead of Mineral 2.

On Hard, the DR goes up to 30, so Mineral 2 is ahead by 9.7 damage per swing (assuming an attack bonus of 44+), on Elite, the Lightning 2 is garbage as his DR is 60.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vash-stampede View Post
    Transmutating (The Enhancement that gives all the descriptions in the damage section) no longer gives the ability to bypass damage reduction based on Alignment or weapon type. So, if you’re asking: Will this weapon bypass a zombie’s DR/Slashing? Then the answer is no.

However

The Slicing damage (The +1d4 damage shown in the Enhancements section) still works.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Also, other things changed since then, weapon speeds especially, so these days Falchion is superior to greatsword for critable enemies and neither attack any slower than a maul or a GAx

Transmuting used to be a lot more powerful. It was reduced (sorry, it was not nerfed, it was never supposed to hit EVERYTHING the way it did) to only doing metallic properties, and then the name changed to Metalline to better describe what it did.

It no longer hits with Slash/Pierce/Lawful/Chaotic damage. A Mineral II maul will still hit with Blunt/Good/Evil/Cold Iron/Silver/Adamantine/Byeshk/Mithril damage, and bypass Pit Fiend DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Transmuting used to be a lot more powerful. It was reduced (sorry, it was not nerfed, it was never supposed to hit EVERYTHING the way it did) to only doing metallic properties, and then the name changed to Metalline to better describe what it did.
    Well technically, Metalline is a different property and transmuting really was one very badly designed properties which made the weapon bypass any and all types of DR after the first hit with the weapon. PnP has its poor design choices as well, what is sad is that in DDO it was implemented in the first place and had to be changed.

no

they dont.

a min 2 maul is a great choice though, very good all in one weapon if you dont have the larges to make more "specific" so to speak weapons

Well technically, Metalline is a different property and transmuting really was one very badly designed properties which made the weapon bypass any and all types of DR after the first hit with the weapon.
    Well technically, it went:

Transmuting - Good/Evil/Law/Chaos/Adamantine/Mithril/Byeshk/Cold Iron/Silver/Slash/Pierce/Blunt

Then they changed it to:

Transmuting - Adamantine/Mithril/Byeshk/Cold Iron/Silver

Then they changed it to:

Metalline - Adamantine/Mithril/Byeshk/Cold Iron/Silver

When Update 3 went live, some of the metalline descriptors changed back to saying "Transmuting".

When crafting a Min II is it better to go Holy/Acid Burst/Acid Blast or Acid/Good Burst/Acid Blast? Seems like the latter would be more beneficial, is that right?
    Antello - Kinisar - Erifeci
    Antelli - Antelly - Antellia

The Rogue Saints - Sarlona
    www.theroguesaints.com

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by chadj82371 View Post
    When crafting a Min II is it better to go Holy/Acid Burst/Acid Blast or Acid/Good Burst/Acid Blast? Seems like the latter would be more beneficial, is that right?
    First one is usually better against evil foes, while second one is always better against neutral ones.
    Most people advocate the first one because Min II is mostly a weapon you use against evil monsters.
    Some people still prefer second one because they like seeing full numbers everywhere.
    You pick

Community Member

So are you guys saying the description on min 2 greensteel in wrong?
    Wherever you went - here you are.

Community Member

Racial weapon damage enhancements (Dwarven axe damage, etc).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12