Community Member

Default US / EURO Servers

I would like to play DDO with a friend. I am in the US playing and he is in the UK.

Can we play on the same servers?

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

I have a guildie who plays from the UK, so I know they can play on ours. I'm not sure, but it's plausible that you could play on Codemaster's EU servers. You should only need an EU version of the game client discs and a payment method accepted by Codemasters.

As Mad_Bombardier suggests, but never actually states, the US and Euro versions are actually different, and they maintain different servers. The only requirement for you and your friend to play on the same server is for both of you to purchase the same version and start up characters on the same server.

There are quite a few people from England who play on the US servers. Isn't BB one of them ???

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Segal1 View Post
    I would like to play DDO with a friend. I am in the US playing and he is in the UK.

Can we play on the same servers?
    Yes, just make sure you both purchase the same version of the game. I'd suggest the US one to get updates first

Yeah, I did this so I could play with some mates in the UK. We bought some copies of the game here and sent them over, he installed/updated, created a turbine billing account and logged on. Just be careful they don't accidentally create a codemasters account, as one friend did. Easy to do from the DDO site when they world is divided into two halves: a british flag and an american flag.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    Yeah, I did this so I could play with some mates in the UK. We bought some copies of the game here and sent them over, he installed/updated, created a turbine billing account and logged on. Just be careful they don't accidentally create a codemasters account, as one friend did. Easy to do from the DDO site when they world is divided into two halves: a british flag and an american flag.
    Right, we've seen that a lot. What we don't seem to have any examples of is the USA player having an active Codemasters' DDO-EU account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    Right, we've seen that a lot. What we don't seem to have any examples of is the USA player having an active Codemasters' DDO-EU account.
    Same thing, except your UK friend sends the game to the US player who then clicks on the eu flag from the ddo.com site to create a codemasters account. The same UK friend we sent the game to also plays with a US friend on the EU server and thats how he did it (its also how we first figured out he could play with us on the US server).

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    The same UK friend we sent the game to also plays with a US friend on the EU server and thats how he did it (its also how we first figured out he could play with us on the US server).
    Now that's the confirmation we were looking for. Thanks, transtemporal!

Segal1, it looks like you have a green light. Enjoy your gaming!

You're welcome chaps! Happy to spread the plagu... er... joy of DDO around the world.