Question Any more help forthcoming for Skinners?

I too want to change the apperance(sp) of it. I'd really like to see bits and pieces of all of you guys efforts so far. The main theme I would like to use is that Red translucent one. It looks incredible!!!
    But like the dream-catcher stuff is great and so are the beads. There are really great elements in most all the work produced so far. I am not confident enough to just galavanting(sp) around in these things. I would be very disappointed if I broke something.
    Just trying to stimulate some discussion, and generate some advice as to when these things can be implemented.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Just jump in and try it, you won't break anything .

The worst you could do is save one of your changes over the example download and have to download it again (I did it so many times I just kept the zip file on the desktop ). You will always be able to switch back to the default UI if you run into trouble.

Default I am sadly disapointed.

No attempt made to assist a customers simple request.

I had hoped to get some type of feedback, not sure what or how. It seems, to me, there should be more involvement here.

Question As well.

Does this package allow for the adjustment of cellpadding, and what not. Or does it not matter, that the artifact will stay the same if I turn my character sheet into a single white pixel?
    I think cell padding is the correct term. The borders of windows.

In the one I really like it has these really fat black borders can this be streamlined, are commands like that available to me, or is it distinctly an art issue?
    I hope someone can decipher this.

Or like how one's got red glowing arrows on the hotbars, I want that, I love the beads, and the dream catchers.
    How can I incorperate(sp?) all of those neat little features that everyone has come up with?

Truly,
    CA

Can we adjust text color? Some get a little washed out.
    Last edited by iamsamoth0; 03-19-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: One more thing...

Sorry to lag on answering. I will be more involved in these threads from now on.

Alot of what you are saying in your 3-19 post is possible.
    But all that is done with the image editors not in the actually UI interface or xml coding.
    I use photoshop and illustrator to make my UI interface pics.

To answer simply yes you can cell pad or blur, or whatever term you want to use.
    "In the one I really like it has these really fat black borders can this be streamlined, are commands like that available to me, or is it distinctly an art issue?"

Yes this can be streamlined. Get the border image and paste that into photoshop and then use the erase to cut off the borders. OR easier plan would be to use the image as a template and just trace over the border changing the PT value of the line to look more slim.

"Or like how one's got red glowing arrows on the hotbars, I want that, I love the beads, and the dream catchers.
    How can I incorperate(sp?) all of those neat little features that everyone has come up with?"

Well.. basically all those are drawn or made with various drawing software pieces. Again photoshop, illustraotr, coreldraw. Or you can take an existing image and shorten it down.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the one who sends it a res.
    Unrestricted free agent
    Khyber
    Characters - Terrah, Elayne, Shiado, Ranok, Rattchet

Thumbs up Thank you CC!

Quote Originally Posted by ccheath776 View Post
    Sorry to lag on answering. I will be more involved in these threads from now on.

Alot of what you are saying in your 3-19 post is possible.
    But all that is done with the image editors not in the actually UI interface or xml coding.
    I use photoshop and illustrator to make my UI interface pics.

To answer simply yes you can cell pad or blur, or whatever term you want to use.
    "In the one I really like it has these really fat black borders can this be streamlined, are commands like that available to me, or is it distinctly an art issue?"

Yes this can be streamlined. Get the border image and paste that into photoshop and then use the erase to cut off the borders. OR easier plan would be to use the image as a template and just trace over the border changing the PT value of the line to look more slim.

"Or like how one's got red glowing arrows on the hotbars, I want that, I love the beads, and the dream catchers.
    How can I incorperate(sp?) all of those neat little features that everyone has come up with?"

Well.. basically all those are drawn or made with various drawing software pieces. Again photoshop, illustraotr, coreldraw. Or you can take an existing image and shorten it down.
    This is very kind of you to take your own personal time to help the community, and I appreciate it. Even if almost a year later. It's very generous of you.
    I still have misgivings about fooling with it, knowing that there will be no help from Turbine if something goes wrong.

Community Member plus10swordofpimp's Avatar

i agree. i asked a simple question about how to get the mod 8 ui content out so i can make my own ui skin, and got no assistance other than the default:

"turbine does not support or assist with custom ui related questions"

when all i wanted was to know how everyone was getting the ui content out. *sigh* oh well. i guess help is something that's a little too much to ask of around here.