Hybrid View

Default Armor Class Question Concerning Warforges

Just a quick question can you use a docent, and bracers of ac together? therefore a docent +5 and bracers ac of 5 will give you a +10 total towards your ac. thanks for your time.

I seem to recall they didn't last time I saw this question asked (quite awhile back). I don't remember if this was a bug or intentional though (and if it was a bug if it was ever fixed). As near as I can tell they should stack though since the bonus types are different.

A warforge's plating and docent counts as the same type of armor bonus as that of Armored Bracers, so they don't stack.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Yeah that's the way it seems to work in game, however Docents say they give an "Enhancement Bonus" and Bracers give an "Armor Bonus" Bonuses of different types always stack in PnP so I think they should here. It's probably intentional though for some kind of balance reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungnmaster001 View Post
    Yeah that's the way it seems to work in game, however Docents say they give an "Enhancement Bonus" and Bracers give an "Armor Bonus" Bonuses of different types always stack in PnP so I think they should here. It's probably intentional though for some kind of balance reason.
    I believe that it is due to the Warforged Body type being considered an "armor bonus" and the docent just being an enhancement to that. So that would make it +5 Composite Plating, +5 adamantine plating, ect. and not stack with the armored bracers.
    Archangels
    ~Shyvik~
    Old school Tharashk player since '06

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dungnmaster001 View Post
    Docents say they give an "Enhancement Bonus" and Bracers give an "Armor Bonus" Bonuses of different types always stack in PnP so I think they should here
    Bracers give "An armor bonus to AC"
    Docents give "An enhancement bonus to your body", and your body provides an "armor bonus to AC".

The bracers and docent don't even apply to the same quantity, so there's no question as to if they stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Bracers give "An armor bonus to AC"
    Docents give "An enhancement bonus to your body", and your body provides an "armor bonus to AC".

The bracers and docent don't even apply to the same quantity, so there's no question as to if they stack.
    I agree with you as that seems to be the way the devs have interpreted it, but the docents don't say that in their descriptions which is where the confusion comes in. If the devs had worded it like that in the description it would ease some of the confusion for newer players.

I logged my WF just now to be sure, the docent descriptions say (the same as any other armor) "Enhancement Bonus: Armor with this quality grants a +x enhancement bonus to AC" it doesn't say it increases the existing armor bonus. (note I understand what you're saying and agree that it is implemented that way in game, I'm just pointing out how it can be confusing)