Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile If you found your RL self in Stormreach...

If you found your RL (real life) self suddenly dropped down in Stormreach, what class(es) would you be?

Think about it for a minute. How does your real life translate into this mythos? What things have you done in your life as either careers or hobbies or things out of necessity that might translate into a character class.

I'll go first.

In primary school, and for years on and off afterwards, I've played music. On top of that I have a BA in creative writing. So music and storytelling abilities for me. What does that equal? Bard?

As a hobbie and side love, I've studied martial arts - a form of Jujitsu, specifically. What does that translate to? Monk or Fighter? Hmmm?

If we stick to the rules of the world, I can't be a Bard/Monk, the alignment issue, yeah? ****. Well, maybe I'd find myself with a few level of Bard and a few of Fighter.

Now how the levels match up to RL I have no idea. I mean, what level equals a blackbelt, for instance? 12 Fighter or Monk? 10? 8? Dunno.

I'm just gonna toss out a wild guess and call my RL self a Bard 5 Fighter 7 -- although Monk seems to make more sense with my martial art in my head, but I'll try and stick to the rules. I don't see any Barbarian/Paladin builds running around Stormreach. haha

So what would you be if you found yourself in the Harbor?

Thanks

Snip

P.S. The above is purely because I have so much time to daydream at my job today.

P. P. S. (post-post script) Also, in actuality, I really don't think I'd do so well in one of the dungeons. The minute I ran into my first baby Glass Spider, I'd **** my pants and then remember to scream....

Thanks all

I would either be Durk the Deranged's drinking partner, or make my living doing odd jobs for the Coin Lords.

If I wound up as an adventurer, I would likely be a Bard, as I play guitar, violin, mandolin, banjo, and keyboards. I am also a fairly decent archer, having two composite bows and four reflex bows for target shooting. I can totally see myself playing a song or two and then hanging back plinking away with my bow. Also have a black belt in Judo, although I am far far far from being ascetic enough to be any sort of Monk.
    Thelanis; Strngrdanger, Likkerpig, Byrnt, Obgynkenobi, Severancepay, Buffystmarie.

I'm a UNIX Systems Administrator who runs, bikes, and backpacks. So, either I'm a 1st level ranger or a 1st level wizard with no spells. Take your pick.

Now, as to what I'd DO - scrounge the money somehow for a berth on a ship to Sharn and pray I stayed alive till then. Once there, study magic for fifteen years and find a rich patron. No sewers, deserts, giant holds, or manifest zones for me.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Hmmm lets see . . . what skills would translate. . .

I am a land surveyor so that lends to ranger (hiking, backpacking, navigation (I have worked in flat lands and mountains)).

I study/teach Kung Fu - mostly Wing Chun, but have done Hung Gar, Southern Mantis, 7 Star Preying Mantis and White Eyebrow so that would lend to a monk.

So either a Ranger or a Monk.
    This space for Rent

To RazorrX:

You could always multi-class. Ranger/Monk.

Default Hmmm...

Probably be a multi class Fighter 8/ Rogue 4/ Cleric 4/
    Played football for 8+ years (that is including HS, College & Some Semi-Pro.) = Fighter
    Security Analyst/Admin/Guy on the Floor. (infustructure and personell not software but the actuall alarm systems, security procedures and implementation) = rogue
    Emergency Medical Training = Just enough to keep you alive while the real medics get there. = cleric

Now I sit at desk answer calls. sigh... need to complete my master's soon.
    Last edited by Brutous; 02-27-2008 at 03:10 PM.
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil

15 years in the Marine Corps...

I would have to say, Fighter
    Or Paladin.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

I do random stuff and soon going into game testing sooooo

I would be a lvl 2 wizard casting magic missile at walls thinking it's funny
    Officer, The Army Of Darkness / Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by SniptheShadow View Post
    So what would you be if you found yourself in the Harbor?
    You remember that miller dude? The one that Barrigan Inge sends you after? Hiding in the basement? And how he runs the moment you arrive and leaves you to fight a big robotic dog?

Yeah, that guy's me. Hiding the basement. Please hurry! I want to get out of here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    15 years in the Marine Corps...

I would have to say, Fighter
    Or Paladin.
    See, that's my theory - almost nobody except EMTs, firefighters, police, career athletes, and soldiers should count themselves as having levels of experience.

You on the other hand get levels. I'd say a lance corporal works for level 2.. and on up from there... (for enlisted ranks at any rate).

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    See, that's my theory - almost nobody except EMTs, firefighters, police, career athletes, and soldiers should count themselves as having levels of experience.

You on the other hand get levels. I'd say a lance corporal works for level 2.. and on up from there... (for enlisted ranks at any rate).
    Some of the most hardcore Marines in history never made it past PFC in their long and decorated careers, these days they just throw E1-3 at people for being able to tie their shoes. Need to look at time in and MOS.
    Last edited by Kerrn Siff; 02-27-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: *sigh* spelling.. yes I spelled something wrong in those two short sentences.

The Server Formerly Known As Aerenal ...and Cannith
    Legends of Aerenal: Officer - Gods and Heroes: Peon
    Allectus Siff, James Tiberius Kirk, Spanner Siff, Syphax Siff, Ulixes Siff, Etc.

Id probably be an arcane user probably a wizard since reading and writting things for people is what I do most of the day. Maybe apply for a job at one of the banks, though I doubt theyd let me since im not a dwarf hehe ^_^. Id probably study all I could become a top arch mage and start trainning some puppet..er students on how to utilize magics to benefit me..um themselves yeah.

Oh and I couldnt be dropped anywhere without my baby boy so if he came along id probably be panicking as he grabbed at every sharp thing his little hands could get at x.x
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Host of the Social Aware Nightmare* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrn Siff View Post
    Some of the most hardcore Marines in history never made it past PFC in their long and decorated careers, these days they just throw E1-3 at people for being able to tie their shoes. Need to look at time in and MOS.
    QFT!

(My dad was a Marine.. in the Solomons...)

Cool

Nice thread..me and my pnp friends used to talk about stuff like this all the time lol. So haveing done my share of criminal activity, and my hobbies being swordplay, archery, tracking and hikeing I would have to say id be ranger/rogue not sure what lvls lol prolly something like 10 ranger 4 rogue.

In the black of the night
    The angel doth cry
    Tears of red streaming from her eyes

I would be just what I am...
    See you in Stormreach, Shamguard "I am THE Rogue."
    Practice doesn't make Perfect. Practice make Permanent. Patience makes Perfect.

Community Member

If you found your RL (real life) self suddenly dropped down in Stormreach, what class(es) would you be?
    Class? I would be hiding in a corner somewhere praying. Either that, or trying to hawk stuff for the coin lords and work my way up to being an auctioneer or a vendor. Basically, I have never seen one of them die. And I have seen every other class and character I know die. (In some cases a lot).

My real life self is much more preoccupied with not dieing than any of my online selves...
    Sarlona
    Bloodbath, Barb 20 · Stonehaul, AC Build 20 · Sonnkral, Melee 20 · Sacrament, Cleric 17 · Sentient, Sorcerer 17 · Kimosabe, Archer 20 · Livid, Rogue 15 · Luthiena, Bard 20 · Luxoria, Paladin 8· Machinos, Wiz 8

Quote Originally Posted by HumanJHawkins View Post
    My real life self is much more preoccupied with not dieing than any of my online selves...

lol Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking, too.

I'd most likely be a tavern keeper. I like listening to interesting stories and always try to take the best care of my guests in my home.

But out of all the classes, probably a cleric, a very scatter-brained cleric.
    aka ~The Jelly Bean Slinger

Then darkness would eat me. Cold would devour me.
    I would die naked beneath a blackthorn, keening for the missing moon.

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    QFT!

(My dad was a Marine.. in the Solomons...)
    I assume you mean during WWII. Those were some rough rides.

Semper Fi

The Server Formerly Known As Aerenal ...and Cannith
    Legends of Aerenal: Officer - Gods and Heroes: Peon
    Allectus Siff, James Tiberius Kirk, Spanner Siff, Syphax Siff, Ulixes Siff, Etc.

Think about it for a minute. How does your real life translate into this mythos? What things have you done in your life as either careers or hobbies or things out of necessity that might translate into a character class.
    I cannot post my initial reactions to this surprise, because this is supposed to be a family-friendly website.
    I would probably be as upset as I would be excited.

Hrm... secondary front-line fighter, care for wounded, religious duties, and a lack of sophisticated combat training....
    (3/4 bab) (heal skill/cure ability) (divine powers) (simple weapons, not martial)
    The only problem is I have a WIS of 9 at most.... Can someone give me a tome?
    Helpful Eberron Links: Forums... Journal... WotC... Designer (& his wife!)... Loremasters
    Kolyana=Ultimately, anyone can do whatever they want, as long as [...] everyone pulls together as a team and does what they need to do.

'Eh, but these are people I'll never meet, right?' - M Raiter, when arguing against user-friendly UI.

Guild Association: Old Timers Guild
    "Old Timers Guild: Dungeons & Dinosaurs Online"

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

I would be swearing that I was never drinking again!
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "**** that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast