Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

One way to represent the heirarchy of items needed to create an object would be a tree with the finished object being created as the root and each of its steps & ingredients being a child node, etc.. I've been representing this in an Excel spreadsheet for my own tracking of what I have vs. what I need. I color-code the items to indicate if I have them or need them (or have already used them to make the parent ingredient).

My initial thought was to update the create button to just update totals to represent just what's left that's needed. Just have the one tab for "Items I Have", then update accoringly for every item you choose to create. I'd have to do some color coding for the actual craft recipe, one color for have's, one color for have not's. I'd have to update the totals to represent 0, if you create a Material Ingredient from a Raw Ingredient. Maybe change it from a number, to say "Complete".

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

That thing you made is the dogs bollocks, it like crafting for dummies, you're my hero its now made crafting something very easy to learn about

Show me someone who believes in something, and I will show you a fool : Kerr Avon

I've been busy this week so haven't been able to work on it. From live feedback in game, there's a few more things I'll be adding to the general output to make it even easier to follow. A few things are mislabelled, not program breaking at all, just want to get it more in line with what's actually in the game. The tracking thing too, I think that's my next big push, I used it myself for the first time this weekend, and trying to track what I had and didn't, I had to print it off, and write on the paper. That was a bit cumbersome. Soooo, updates to text and tracking is coming next.

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Thumbs up

I am so glad you are in our guild and did not fall into the hands of any foul beast or creature. You are like a mad scientist......

Awesome job Vinton.. This thing is running great so far and I am glad that members of INFERUS SUS are sharing it with the entire DDO community......
    Durrack, Durracka,Verminnard

With the findings for the new Tier 3 "Special" upgrades, the backend of the program for Tier 3 will need to change quite a bit. I'm going to wait a little while for more findings to come in before I start changing that section up. Its still correct for base bonuses, if you don't create a supreme shard from two other supreme shards.

I've been working on the resizing of the window, which I'm happy to report is working just fine. Everything will adjust nicely when you maximize the window now.

I've got base tracking of ingredients started. I'll keep on that for now until we learn more about the Tier 3 upgrades.

Thinking out loud for my own reference:

Tier 3 currently:

(Tier 1 Focus) + (Tier 2 Focus) + (Tier 3 Focus + Gem + Essence) = Base Item Stats For Tier 3 + Bonus

Tier 3 will have to add something like:

(Tier 1 Focus) + (Tier 2 Focus) + ((Tier 1 Focus Type + Gem + Essence) + (Tier 2 Focus Type + Gem + Essence)) = Base Item Stats For Tier 3 + Bonus

Keep All Straight Focus Types: Example (Fire + Fire + Fire, Earth + Earth + Earth)

Remove All CURRENT Mixed Focus Types: Example (Fire + Earth + Earth)

Add New Mixed Focus Types: Example (Posotive + Earth + (Posotive + Earth))

Assuming Previous Gem + Essence Combos do not effect the Tier 3 Gem + Essence combo.

Assuming Gem + Essence Combo's at Tier 3 when combining two shards, must be the same. Still do not know how this will effect the Base Item Stats you'll get. The assumption for now is it will add both that you would get from the single focus/gem/essence combo.

Code:
    Use either formula to create your item.  Only one needs to be used.

+5 Greensteel Necklace

Formula #1
    Gather These Raw Materials:
    1 - Fungi
    2 - Funk
    2 - Husk
    3 - Pebbles
    3 - Petals
    1 - Twig

Create - Filaments of Toil By Combining : Husk, Lily Petals, Pebbles, Twig
    Create - Violet Taper By Combining : Funk, Husk, Lily Petals, Pebbles
    Create - Wonderous Balm By Combining : Fungi, Husk, Lily Petals, Pebbles

Create Final Item +5 Greensteel Necklace
    By Combining: Shavarath Signet Stone, Eberron Energy Cell, Filaments of Toil, Violet Taper, Wonderous Balm

Formula #2
    1 - Fungi
    2 - Funk
    2 - Husk
    2 - Pebbles
    3 - Petals
    2 - Twig

Create - Filaments of Toil By Combining : Husk, Lily Petals, Pebbles, Twig
    Create - Violet Taper By Combining : Funk, Husk, Lily Petals, Pebbles
    Create - Wonderous Balm By Combining : Fungi, Husk, Lily Petals, Twig

Create Final Item +5 Greensteel Necklace
    By Combining: Shavarath Signet Stone, Eberron Energy Cell, Filaments of Toil, Violet Taper, Wonderous Balm
    these are not +5 items just normal items might want to change that

also a print button would be cool
    Last edited by mrtreats; 03-05-2008 at 07:37 PM.
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Quote Originally Posted by mrtreats View Post
    these are not +5 items just normal items might want to change that

also a print button would be cool
    Fixed the +5 showing on items.

Print button added.

This has not been released yet, I still have quite a bit of work to do on the compare to character functionality.

Greensteel section of that is 100% complete, I have to add in Tier1, 2, and 3 still.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD View Post
    One way to represent the heirarchy of items needed to create an object would be a tree with the finished object being created as the root and each of its steps & ingredients being a child node, etc.. I've been representing this in an Excel spreadsheet for my own tracking of what I have vs. what I need. I color-code the items to indicate if I have them or need them (or have already used them to make the parent ingredient).

Sample output of what I currently have in place for tracking:

Code:
    Vinton Cerf's - Greensteel Boots 

*                       Green Steel Section                            *
    *                 Altar of Fecundity - Meridia                      *

Use either formula to create your item.  Only one needs to be used.

Greensteel Boots

Formula #1
    2 Need (1) - Fungi
    1 Need (0) - Funk

Quote Originally Posted by RichD View Post
    It's looking really good. I have a couple of more suggestions for functional enhancements:

1) it would be nice if the window was resizeable vertically with the instruction display stretching

2) it would be nice to have a Save to File option to store the instructions

3) it would be nice to have a Copy Instructions to Clipboard option (or at least a Select All) for manual pasting into a file
    1 & 2 & 3 Complete

Saving it to a file will be in RTF format, to preserve the color coding.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 03-06-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added option 2, it was a heck of alot easier than I thought..

Thumbs up Sanadil

Thanks ever so much for the work into doing this...I have tried it already and like how you can go through and play with the recipe to find out what you want.

Thanks again.

Also looking at the way you plan to add functions to the program, I think your going the right way.
    You say I'm crazy, like that's a bad thing?

Default Testing Beta V1.4

If anybody is interested in testing what I have done for V1.4 currently please send me a PM here. I only need a few people to test I just want your thoughts on it, and if you can, try to break it. ALOT of code was added so far, and I have more to go, which will be based off of what I already have. Let me know..
    Last edited by Sanadil; 03-06-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Default V1.4 Is Up!!

New Version Up. Release notes can be found here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

Lots of changes/code added in this one. If you find any bugs please let me know here or via the email address listed in the program.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 03-10-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Default V1.4.4 Beta is Up!!

New Version Up. Release notes can be found here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

A crash was fixed, along with some issues with Tier3 drop down. Check the release note for full details.

woops, found answer apparently Medium Splintered horns are in loot table but have no use as of yet, even though they hum like the altar..
    Last edited by greystone306; 03-16-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greystone306 View Post
    woops, found answer apparently Medium Splintered horns are in loot table but have no use as of yet, even though they hum like the altar..
    Yup, large ones too. So enjoying my stockpile. They'll eventually be used for something (supposedly).
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

hey this is pretty good. thanks man

I am having an error when loading my items I saved.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileNa me()'.
    at Shroud_Crafting.Form1.LoadChar(Object Title, Object CharTab)
    at Shroud_Crafting.Form1.btn1LoadChar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Shroud Crafting
    Assembly Version: 1.4.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ravanik/Desktop/Crafting/Shroud%20Crafting.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    MTGCCombobox
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ravanik/Desktop/Crafting/MTGCCombobox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Interesting. Couple of questions:

Can you send me your ingredients file to ddocrafting@gmail.com?

What OS are you running?
    What Service Pack is it at?
    What version of .NET do you have installed? (You may need a third party program to determine this, suggestions: http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.htm Page for the download, and the direct link to download: http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.zip
    What version of the planner are you using?
    Were there any blanks in the ingredients before you went to load your file?
    Did you try to manually edit the file yourself then load it?

My version of .net that I have installed on the PC I'm developing is (I used the above utility I mentioned), the bolded portion is the important line:

VersionCheck results for *****:

Installed .NET Runtime(s)
    OK.
    Current version: The following runtimes are installed:
    1.1.4322.2407 Version 1.1 Post-SP1 with KB928366 Apr 2007
    2.0.50727.832 Version 2.0 RTM with Hotfix Jun 2007
    3.0.4506.30 Version 3.0 RTM (RTM 4506.30) Nov 2006

One other thing, you could try to repair your .net install. Go to microsoft's site here: .Net 2.0 Install download, run, and choose the repair option.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 03-22-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Default Update..

Just wanted to let you know I'm still working on this. Tier3 supershards is complete, but not working with the comparision version yet. Works been a bit hectic lately and I haven't had much time to delve into it. If ya'll want this version without the comparisions on it just let me know and I'll post it up, otherwise it will be another week or so before its 100% complete.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast