Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Well first i want to thank you for your tool, it did me good service over the past time. But as of this morning i have a slight problem with it:

It simply wont start.
    the Windows error description is just "Stopped working" and "appcrash"
    Fault module name: Kernelbase.dll
    I updated your tool to 3.6.1 but the problem persisted. Then i deleted the whole folder since i htough that maybe some of my configurations in the programm caused the error and redownloaded it from the first page in this thread (now have version 3.6.0 again?) and the problem still persists.

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Shroud Crafting.exe
    Application Version: 3.6.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e95cc10
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
    Exception Code: e0434f4d
    Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    I am no native english speaker

Other Toons: Siaphas, Kelderian, Kelras, Keldi, Kelmons

Ever since I updated windows the program crashes on start up. I believe the update is responsible for the break. It updates the 2.0 Net Framework, so to use the program you have to roll back your system prior to the install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600217
    Be careful what you say and how you say, especially when you add lib details. It come back and bite you...

Fresh download, similar crash on startup.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

I just woke up to this. I've had reports that today's date being a leap year, is causing the program issues. It won't work for today it seems, if you roll your dates back to the 28th and test, let me know if the program runs then.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

This is the leap year bug. I'm looking at the same thing in my Event Viewer as I type this. Its been my personal install that has worked forever. I'll figure out what's going on eventually, but to fix for today, just roll your date back one day, run the program, then roll the date to the 29th.

EDIT - Yes, the full download version is 3.6.0. I never fully released 3.6.1 and don't plan too. You can get it via the internal updater as you did. The next full release will be the same between internal updater and full download.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzie View Post
    Well first i want to thank you for your tool, it did me good service over the past time. But as of this morning i have a slight problem with it:

It simply wont start.
    the Windows error description is just "Stopped working" and "appcrash"
    Fault module name: Kernelbase.dll
    I updated your tool to 3.6.1 but the problem persisted. Then i deleted the whole folder since i htough that maybe some of my configurations in the programm caused the error and redownloaded it from the first page in this thread (now have version 3.6.0 again?) and the problem still persists.

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Shroud Crafting.exe
    Application Version: 3.6.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e95cc10
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
    Exception Code: e0434f4d
    Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Last edited by Sanadil; 02-29-2012 at 08:04 AM.

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

I'm about to install this update now, I'll let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Ever since I updated windows the program crashes on start up. I believe the update is responsible for the break. It updates the 2.0 Net Framework, so to use the program you have to roll back your system prior to the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    I'm about to install this update now, I'll let you know what happens.
    After changing my date back to the 28th it works fine now

After installing this update, the game guide still functions properly (provided your date isn't 2/29/2012). Try rolling your date by 1 day, to the 28th, run it, then roll it forward. If its still not working, do you know how to find the error codes in event viewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post

Community Member

hmm the millennium bug has revived it seems xD
    but not millennium ish xD

LoL. No doubt. I remember the mil bugs that cropped up. As over exaggerated as it was, there were still some old systems that got whacked. I was up all night at work then ugh.

My main system died not long ago, and I lost VS 2008. I still have the source for the game guide thank god. I'm installing VS 2010 now, and will be upgrading the game guide source to it.

The LeapYear bug is fixed internally. This won't go out today, so just use the temporary fix I listed above.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    The LeapYear bug is fixed internally. This won't go out today, so just use the temporary fix I listed above.
    Many praises of Gornn!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Community Member

ok first off thx for the app its nice and second thx for the fix for it not working today.

Now for the real questions:
    1 The raid time is not posting cause i know i have a day and half for the shroud what gives?

2 I was under the impression it would populate the toons different ingreds, collectables, etc. Or do i have to plug all that in manually? If so thats a pain cause if your trying to stock up on some then you have to always do a manual update of them.

3 Is there a good user manual other then the FAQ?

Also i'm not trying to complain, i'm not a noobie with regards to the game, (i started playing pen and paper when i was 12) thou you can call me a noobie when it comes to this app. I've tried asking for help in game but have not gotten any.

Well i'll leave it at that and i'm sure i'm going to get a lot of negative responses to this post and i wont take any offense to any replies all input is helpful.

Thx again for the app guys just trying to learn what i can, cause i have gotten a little frustrated with a few things but im sure they will work them self out in the long run.

There is a help file for the Raid Timer portion of the game guide, and how to use it. Start there. You have to setup characters on my.ddo to be public and viewable for it to work.

No program out there, written by third parties, will be able to auto populate your ingredients. That's an in game thing, and there is no way I can pull that information out. You'll have to manually enter it if you want to use the comparisons on greensteal.

I have not written a full blown user manual for the game guide. The only section I have a help file on is the raid timer atm.

No need to get frustrated. This is something I do in my spare time, and not something sanctioned by Turbine. You get what you see pretty much. I do update it, and add things, its been around for quite a long time, and that will continue to happen, at my own pace.

If after reading the Raid Timer help file, you still have questions, drop a line in here and I'll do what I can to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by gee-dragon776 View Post
    ok first off thx for the app its nice and second thx for the fix for it not working today.

Now for the real questions:
    1 The raid time is not posting cause i know i have a day and half for the shroud what gives?

2 I was under the impression it would populate the toons different ingreds, collectables, etc. Or do i have to plug all that in manually? If so thats a pain cause if your trying to stock up on some then you have to always do a manual update of them.

3 Is there a good user manual other then the FAQ?

Also i'm not trying to complain, i'm not a noobie with regards to the game, (i started playing pen and paper when i was 12) thou you can call me a noobie when it comes to this app. I've tried asking for help in game but have not gotten any.

Well i'll leave it at that and i'm sure i'm going to get a lot of negative responses to this post and i wont take any offense to any replies all input is helpful.

Thx again for the app guys just trying to learn what i can, cause i have gotten a little frustrated with a few things but im sure they will work them self out in the long run.

I turned my computer on today like any other day with one exception, when I went to start the game guide I got a windows error "Shroud Crafting has stopped working" before the programs initializer. I am confused. Haven't changed anything since yesterday. Running vista.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thud View Post
    I turned my computer on today like any other day with one exception, when I went to start the game guide I got a windows error "Shroud Crafting has stopped working" before the programs initializer. I am confused. Haven't changed anything since yesterday. Running vista.
    It has to do with todays date just read up a few posts on the last page & it will explain everything! :P! ! Lolz!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

I recognized an error in the crafting section. The Adamantine ritual is listed as only needing Soul Stones, but it also needs Adamantine Ore.

Thanks, I'll update the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzie View Post
    I recognized an error in the crafting section. The Adamantine ritual is listed as only needing Soul Stones, but it also needs Adamantine Ore.

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    It has to do with todays date just read up a few posts on the last page & it will explain everything! :P! ! Lolz!
    Nice! Thanks! Guess I should have read more than 2 prior. Sweet app!

I just wanted to say thank you. I always have this ready to go when I play. I realize that you do this on your on free time and I personally am very grateful.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast