Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

I wanted to do two things with this post. First, I wanted to talk a little bit more about the Auto Raid Timer using my.ddo. Second, give you an update on the status of work so far. I've been doing this in my my.ddo page, but not everyone will see that

So there were quite a few bugs in the error checking for the auto raid timer. It worked, as I have been personally using it since its release. I fixed those bugs in my current development version. What I haven't fixed, is the lock ups that some people are experiencing. The lockups occur 99% of the time, when you are using more than 1 account, or you have one account, and play the game ALOT, and your my.ddo log is huge over the last 2 days 18 hours.

I've been researching how to fix this, and I believe I have a solution. I don't think I'm going to work on it for this current release, but will for the next. The problem resides in how long it takes to parse all those pages in my.ddo. The solution, is called a Backgroundworker. What this will do is start another thread off the program, and go out to my.ddo on that thread, leaving the main program, free to do whatever. That means no lockups. The difficulty in doing this, is I have to re-write how the whole process works in checking my.ddo. I made the actual check a single function, so I was smart to begin with. This same single function is the one I want working in the background. The change will need to occur in how it checks. Right now I have a single timer function, that checks my.ddo, then updates your timers. What I need now is two timer functions. One will check my.ddo, and set a variable of some sort, to state when its done. The other timer function will update your raid timers.

What this means is, even if I give you an option of how often it checks my.ddo, it will always vary from person to person on how long it will actually take to update your timers. I can say 10 minutes, and it will check every 10 minutes, but if the background worker hasn't finished, it could be up to 20 minutes before it actually updates, or longer depending on the speed of your pc, and the speed of your internet connection.

Overall I think this is a better solution. Even if the time it takes to update your timers will vary pretty drastically from person to person, nobody will experience lockups anymore.

This will be my primary goal in working on Version 3.6.1.

Status Of Upcoming Release 3.6.0:

I'm fully done with Cannith Crafting, and it has all functionality from the other types of Crafting (Shroud/ToD Ring/Epic). Alchemical Crafting is 99% done. I have a few changes to make to the guide with some information that was received last night. The Master Artificer walkthrough is complete, and I have someone working on spelling checks etc. I found a great walkthrough for Abbot on the forums here and have added that. The immediate bugs that were in the Raid Timer are fixed. All reported bugs to date have been fixed.

The only thing I have left is The Lord of Blades walkthrough.

I want to let you know I assumed, with Runearms, that you can only put 1 Shard on them, no matter what the Craftable + value is. If this is wrong, well I'll update it for version 3.6.1

Here is a quick snapshot - sized for my.ddo so its a bit small, but a quick snapshot of what Cannith Crafting will look like:

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Awesome. Thank you for investing the time to keep this updated. It's a big help to all players of DDO. Great work!
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

Sanadil, great job as always on the new version! The only thing I am not seeing(perhaps I am not looking in the right place) is the creation of modules(from handwraps), and traps. I took a long break from the game, so your DDO Game Guide is VERY helpful now that I am back.

hello, ever since Turbine took down forums so they don't have to deal with the bug reports, the Shroud Crafting.exe locks up every time it tries to update the raid timers. It was doing this with the exe from main download, then i found an exe you provided on previous page and that has solved it.

But ever since Turbine managed to mess up even forums it now just locks up indefinitely with the exe using 100% of 1 cpu. Before it would eventually update (after 10-15minutes sometimes) but not so anymore (i left it on whole night and it was still locked up when i woke up.

any fix would be appreciated, because with current state of thing if i relog my 8 chars to check their timers all i get is defunct mouse wheel and lots of lag from relogging. this makes your tool invaluable and i very much hope it will be working sometime again

Quote Originally Posted by Targonis View Post
    Sanadil, great job as always on the new version! The only thing I am not seeing(perhaps I am not looking in the right place) is the creation of modules(from handwraps), and traps. I took a long break from the game, so your DDO Game Guide is VERY helpful now that I am back.
    Good to see you back man, you always gave me some great feedback. The modules are not created with Cannith Crafting. You use the Trap Creation device to do it. Its on page 4 of the device I believe when you open it up to see the recipe's.

This post has some information on it:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=343308

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Quote Originally Posted by sammael666 View Post
    hello, ever since Turbine took down forums so they don't have to deal with the bug reports, the Shroud Crafting.exe locks up every time it tries to update the raid timers. It was doing this with the exe from main download, then i found an exe you provided on previous page and that has solved it.

But ever since Turbine managed to mess up even forums it now just locks up indefinitely with the exe using 100% of 1 cpu. Before it would eventually update (after 10-15minutes sometimes) but not so anymore (i left it on whole night and it was still locked up when i woke up.

any fix would be appreciated, because with current state of thing if i relog my 8 chars to check their timers all i get is defunct mouse wheel and lots of lag from relogging. this makes your tool invaluable and i very much hope it will be working sometime again
    There is a new version out, I haven't gotten a chance to update this thread yet. The forums were down when I released. It should fix up 99% of lockups, the last 1% is taken care of in my dev version now, and i"ll be releasing 3.6.1 in a week or two here with the fixes. I'll update the post with the latest version and download links shortly. For now you can head to the compendium listing, the links for it are in there:

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Crafting_Planner

Default Version 3.6.0 Released

Version 3.6.0 Released. Head to OP for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    There is a new version out, I haven't gotten a chance to update this thread yet. The forums were down when I released. It should fix up 99% of lockups, the last 1% is taken care of in my dev version now, and i"ll be releasing 3.6.1 in a week or two here with the fixes. I'll update the post with the latest version and download links shortly. For now you can head to the compendium listing, the links for it are in there:

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Crafting_Planner
    Thank you so very much, I admire your efforts on this tool and all the services it provides!

EDIT: I've upgraded to 3.6.0 but sadly the lock ups with auto raid timers persists (not complaining just giving feedback) I'll eagerly await the release of 3.6.1. If it matters I use timers for 2 to 4 chars for HoX, VoD, Shroud, Pikers Fate and AdQ. I only have 1 account and all chars are on the same server. Using Win7 ultimate 64bit. And yes I play a lot (or used to; until Turbine introduced the gamebreaking lag with last 2 updates). Any other debug info you could need I'll happily provide, just ask.
    Last edited by sammael666; 10-19-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Good to see you back man, you always gave me some great feedback. The modules are not created with Cannith Crafting. You use the Trap Creation device to do it. Its on page 4 of the device I believe when you open it up to see the recipe's.

This post has some information on it:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=343308
    I know....I just didn't see a section in your program that talked about it. Since your crafting program, errr, game guide has information on so much, trap creation/module creation should have a mention IMO.

I'm really glad to see you didn't give up on DDO or the project while I was away from game. I've been trying to teach some new people in my guild about crafting, and that will be an ongoing process.

I agree on the trap making & modules. I think its time to add in at the min a tab with a full explanation of it.

There's so many different variations of crafting in this game its hard to keep up. It shouldn't be to hard to add it into 3.6.1.

Right now I have alot of people interested in joining our guild, so I've backed off on programming a bit. I'm close to a release for 3.6.1 so it won't take me long when I get a little bit of free time.

PS - There is currently a bug in 3.6.0 that will lock up raid timers again, and it revolves around notice boards. I have it fixed here. There is also a bug with Against the Demon Queen raid. As of U11 Patch 1, when you go to reset after 2 days 18 hours of completing the raid, it adds another line in your my.ddo log saying you completed...again, and it resets the timer when it shouldn't. I have a few ideas on how to fix it, but it won't be easy and may be there for a while.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 10-22-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammael666 View Post
    Thank you so very much, I admire your efforts on this tool and all the services it provides!

EDIT: I've upgraded to 3.6.0 but sadly the lock ups with auto raid timers persists (not complaining just giving feedback) I'll eagerly await the release of 3.6.1. If it matters I use timers for 2 to 4 chars for HoX, VoD, Shroud, Pikers Fate and AdQ. I only have 1 account and all chars are on the same server. Using Win7 ultimate 64bit. And yes I play a lot (or used to; until Turbine introduced the gamebreaking lag with last 2 updates). Any other debug info you could need I'll happily provide, just ask.
    I'm pretty sure it was you and I going back and forth in emails Thanks for helping me with figuring out what was causing it. You have the fix, the rest of the world will soon. If you don't have the fix yet, its because of Notice boards. Don't use them for now, just get the quests without the boards, and it will work again. Until the 2 days 18 hours of the line being in the log disappears, it will lock up the game guide, so disable the auto raid timer in the options until it falls off the log.

PS - There is currently a bug in 3.6.0 that will lock up raid timers again, and it revolves around notice boards. I have it fixed here. There is also a bug with Against the Demon Queen raid. As of U11 Patch 1, when you go to reset after 2 days 18 hours of completing the raid, it adds another line in your my.ddo log saying you completed...again, and it resets the timer when it shouldn't. I have a few ideas on how to fix it, but it won't be easy and may be there for a while.
    Would the bug bother you if every time it resets the timer, it gave you the loot you would have gotten had you run the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    I'm going to admit up front, I didn't read every post in this thread... WAY too many pages... so if I missed this discussed before, I apologize. I was wondering, are you planning on some sort of cannith crafting planner in the game guide? There are a few online, but they're a bit complicated and not-so-user-friendly. Not to mention they miss some important parts of crafting, i.e., the level of gear after shards are applied, etc. ((To be fair, ddo wiki explains how it works, but I'm no math-wiz, so I completely don't get it no matter how many times I try to read it.)) Anywho, whether you add some sort of crafting planner for it or not, love love LOVE the game guide! You're work is incredible, and my wife and I both appreciate everything you do immensely. ^_^
    Not sure what's up with the forums, but I got this announcement as I'm subscribed via email to this thread. Just FYI, there is a Cannith Crafting planner in it As of now version 3.6.0 has some bugs in the ingredient file, which I've taken care of here. I'll be releasing a new version soon.

Community Member

Default thx

thanks for the software, i find it very useful ^^

Community Member AmatsukaIncarnate's Avatar

I've heard of the program and just downloaded it.
    Looks fantastic!

The only major problem I have is that the bottom part of the program is always cutoff...then again, I mostly play on my laptop...

Is there a way to vertically scale the program so I can see everything? (I can't seem to use the item tracker as is...)

Great program regardless though!
    ~Proud member of Thac0~

Quote Originally Posted by AmatsukaIncarnate View Post
    I've heard of the program and just downloaded it.
    Looks fantastic!

The only major problem I have is that the bottom part of the program is always cutoff...then again, I mostly play on my laptop...

Is there a way to vertically scale the program so I can see everything? (I can't seem to use the item tracker as is...)

Great program regardless though!
    Its designed to work on 1024x768 resolution or higher. Anything less than those numbers and some things will get cut off. Not much I can do about that unfortunately. If you increase your resolution on your laptop, it should all fit.

I've been regularly using this for over a year now, and it has been extremely helpful to me. Recently, I got a mini secondary screen that I've been sticking the guide over on and it scales pretty well, except for the raid timer and item tracker pages. The only problem there is that I can't see everything on the bottom, as the orientation of the screen is much taller than it is wide. Would it be possible to add a conditional scroll bar to the bottom of those pages for when there isn't enough room to fit all the buttons and text boxes?

I'll see what I can do about the cut off and giving an option for scrolling.

Awesome tool! Thank you much. Donating soon...

I just want to say thank you Sanadil for creating and updating this great program.

Something is on its way through PayPal

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast