Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Version 3.2.1 is up.

Full Release Notes:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

Enjoy!!

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Thanks much!

On the next version, can you add a feature where we can get the epic gear for free from the game guide so that we don't have to grind in game for them. I think that that might be the only feature missing from this right now
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    That would be great. If you could get it to happen, then zip up the config folder with all files held within, then email it to ddocrafting@gmail.com

Couple other questions: Are you on 64 or 32 bit Win 7? What is your screen resolution set at when running.

I'm considering ripping it out of the planner fully. I'm almost certain I know what the trouble is, and I don't think I'll be able to fix it. One fix for another more serious bug is causing this one to occur.

A full working example would be great, one I could reproduce here. Thanks!
    Well, last night I went home and of course it worked 10 times in a row. I tried it while running DDO and IE etc. It had gotten to the point where I would just go delete the file before even trying.

At first, I would always just open it up from within the folder. Lately I made a desktop shortcut. Last night I opened it both ways and it always worked. The only thing different from when it would fail 75% of the time and now when it always works is the creation of the shortcut.

Anway I will download the new version, thanks for making this!
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
    Thanks much!

On the next version, can you add a feature where we can get the epic gear for free from the game guide so that we don't have to grind in game for them. I think that that might be the only feature missing from this right now
    Ha, how do you know I don't already have it in there and just use it for myself

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    Well, last night I went home and of course it worked 10 times in a row. I tried it while running DDO and IE etc. It had gotten to the point where I would just go delete the file before even trying.

At first, I would always just open it up from within the folder. Lately I made a desktop shortcut. Last night I opened it both ways and it always worked. The only thing different from when it would fail 75% of the time and now when it always works is the creation of the shortcut.

Anway I will download the new version, thanks for making this!
    Let me know if it happens again on the new version, I'm pretty sure I took care of it.

Well, what I thought would fix the WindowSize.txt bug didn't. Its still happening. I have a set of data that can make it happen every single time, and I know what's doing it for sure now. Deleting the file still fix it like it did. Next version will have a fix in for it, and I'll try to get it out soon. Its an annoying enough bug to warrant its own release.

If its happening to you, could you just open the WindowSize.txt file up and take a look. If you see anything like below:

Normal

See the negative numbers in there, that's what is doing it. I'm not exactly sure what's causing the negative numbers to occur just yet. I've tried end tasking it when its minimized to the task bar. I still have to try rebooting when its minimized to the task bar. A lot happens when the program closes the correct way. Most of it doesn't really require that it to be closed properly, aka it won't break it My fix at the present, unless I can fully determine what's making it happen, is to just check the file on load, if it finds negative numbers, set them to 0. It sets all those numbers any time you move, or re-size the program. Nothing should allow the negative numbers of that size to occur.

That's all for now, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Default Issues

I recently downloaded your program, but get an error everytime I try to add an item to the tracker. NOt sure if the porgram is bugged or if I am doing something wrong. Please help

What's the error you get?

I looked into the error. That was piece of the program I was working on, and attempted to back a lot of it out before going live as it was holding up release. I must have missed something. Your tracker save files will still be good to go when its fixed, I'll add that as part of the next release. Its been pretty busy here, I'm on call this week so don't get much free time at night nor during the day at work. I'll try to get it fixed for this weekend.

This would be a great iPad app
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Unfortunately I've banned the iPad I carry a Droid myself, so if anything it would hit that market...that's not to say it will, it would be a complete re-write, but if I was going to do something like that, it would be for the android market.

Community Member

Double post from http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...97&postcount=4, as I'm not sure things are read on that side

- Fix for those experiencing the planner not showing on run, and having to delete the WindowSize.txt file before running to fix. This "SHOULD" no longer happen If it does the code gets ripped out next version. You should no longer get the hitch on running the app, or entering the crafting tabs any more.
    I still have to delete this file.

Bug Report: (Breaks the Crafting Planner)
    Do the following, minimize the Planner window, then on the taskbar, right click and choose close.
    Congratulations, you now have to delete the WindowSize.txt file.

[Suggestion]
    Perhaps if there is nonsense in this file, your program should default to that the file did not exist?

The bugged WindowSize.txt looks like this:
    Code:
    Normal

I'll have it fixed in 3.2.2 version. I just haven't had the time to code it just yet.

Community Member

Default You Rock Dude!!!!

YOU ROCK DUDE!!!!

You've come up with a work of art. Thanks for the effort!!!!!

Now I have a guideline all things DDO.

What language is this written in?

Is the source available?

Are you looking for contributors?

Default Unable to unzip

When I download the zip file from inthecore, it gives me the following error:

"Cannot open file 'my file location'.zip as archive"

Obviously, my file location is simply a placeholder. This is through the Firefox download manager and I tried multiple times

I was able to download and extract from mirror1

Default Fantastic

I dug up my Forum user/pass simply to post a thank you msg for this.

You're doing the community a great service!

Thanks for the all in one guide!

You rock!

Aethelrede: Thanks!!

Agorillia: I looked into Subversive. Its not as easy as it looks to setup. This will take a bit, but yes, I'll be making the source public for those that are serious about it, to code for the planner. Its written in VB.net. It started in 2003, then 2005, currently on 2008. If you are good at VB.net, and don't have the 2008 version, I can work something out for ya, hit me in PM for details.

Kindoki: I'm aware of those issues, and its why I created the mirrors. When I released the Definitive loot thread as part of the planner, and made it available via my website, it crushed the site, making any downloads near impossible as I was hitting thresholds with my provider. I've since remove that, yet I'm still getting 20,000+ hits on the page, which are still impacting the site. Its not as bad as it was, but still it will take some time for people to upgrade their planners to not attempt to access it, and those that decided to use the page without permission from their own websites, to stop referencing it. I'll keep mirrors up for every release, so you can hit them if the primary isn't working.

NGN-Aeo: Thanks!!

Lastly, I've gotten all the programming done to fix the two most glaring bugs in the current version. I'm holding off on release so I can add a few more things to it before it goes live. I know I said last weekend, and this weekend isn't looking any better, but I promise it'll be out soon.

Default android market! please

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    Unfortunately I've banned the iPad I carry a Droid myself, so if anything it would hit that market...that's not to say it will, it would be a complete re-write, but if I was going to do something like that, it would be for the android market.
    I would love for there to be an android version of this planner. Then I could mess with it while in meetings....
    Love the program thanks for all your work

I keep getting scrip debuggers popping up when I try to run the program. I removed my existing version and re-downloaded it and I'm still getting the same problem. Any suggestions for fixing it?

edit:
    this is what I get from the microsoft scrip debugger:

[3912] C:\Program Files\Turbine\crafting\Crafting\Shroud Crafting.exe
    then it goes to jscript runtime error
    and points to here:

re_("07z39-4yt3aqp009");

I can sometimes exit out of the debugger (repeatedly) in order to use the crafting program. Its almost more frustrating to get it to work.

Thanks,
    Jules
    Last edited by Jules921; 05-08-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Ladies - Mediclady, Elspyth, Warchantress, Bittt, Julez, LilBitt, Bucketoboltz, Skitty, Kerro, Wyntermoon, Kethrey, Kethree, Selany, Gypsie, Cassyopeya, Tinkerbelle, Dyanya, PallasAthene

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast