Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Hey Sanadil,

I think your crafting planner is fantastic. I am having a little trouble loading the newest version though. I keep getting an error which I will list below. I have .Net and the service pack installed and I have run the program successfully before. However, this is the error I am getting:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecu rityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecu rityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetH elper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException)
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetH elper(CompressedStack cs, PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Assembly asm, SecurityAction action)
    at Shroud_Crafting.general..cctor()
    The action that failed was:
    LinkDemand
    The type of the first permission that failed was:
    System.Security.PermissionSet
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    Internet

What have I done wrong? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Hey hey. This is a new one to me. What OS are you running (god please don't be vista )

From some digging around on the error, it appears to be a security level permission in internet explorer. I'm guessing the previous version you used didn't have the lights puzzle for the shroud in it? Its the only thing I can think would cause that error as it uses javascript. Its odd that its using the Internet zone though, all these files are local on your machine, and you can open them yourself and look at the code, I make no external (to the internet) calls.

Try this, open internet explorer, click on tools, and go to internet options. Click on the security tab, make sure Internet is selected (it is by default), then at the bottom of the window hit the "Custom" button. At the bottom of the next window that opens, you should see a Reset To drop down box, and a Reset... button. I have my laptop set to "Medium-High", and the app is working. I can't promise this will work, but its a good starting point.

If you don't have Java insalled, you may want to do that too:

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Let me know what happens, I think you are the first this has occured on. I could make a custom version to check if its actually the Java that's causing it or not. Try the above first and let me know, we'll go from there.

The next itteration of the program is going to have an auto update feature, you will be able to check on the web if a new version is out, and no matter where you have it placed on your system, it will know, and update it to the latest and greatest I'm hoping this won't cause you issues too

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

One other thing, are you running the app locally on your machine, or is it on a shared drive somewhere? Is this on your home machine, or in a work environment where you are on a domain etc..

Do you see the Loading box come up, then disapear and get the error, or does the error occure before you even see the loading...
    Last edited by Sanadil; 06-25-2008 at 09:31 AM.

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

In addition to what Sanadil has said, is your account on your machine a full Administrative account, or are you logging into your computer with an account that is set as a standard user or other restricted access account(like Guest)?

If you are running Windows Vista, I have seen some weirdness if you are using the "Administrator" account, since some programs these days won't run when you are logged in as Administrator, even though they work perfectly under any other account. Strange but true...

Community Member

For Part 3: Knock wands do cut it, as long as they are 8th level or higher. A 7th level wizard can knock open portals on a roll of 16 or higher. Sucks, but works in a pinch.

Thanks Az, I'll update the walkthrough. I have some new techniques for part II since the change, and some for part V which reduce resources down to 0....

Default Nice Job.

I just wanna commend ya on a job well done on the Planner tho I have had a little trouble getting the double shard tier three to work,nonetheless good job.
    Dirtyone/Fighter/Pali/Monk Completionist Apache/Favored Soul TR VIIApachekid/Ranger/Fighter 32PtCap.Truegod/FavoredSoul/Wiz/Monk TR VIII Powwow/FighterTRVIII Indio/Pali 32Pt Cap. Tuko/Barb 32Pt Cap. Redhook/Bard/LR 32Pt Cap. Guiseppi/Ranger 32Pt Cap. Shortyrock/Rogue/Rangers/Barb 32Pt Cap. DirtyHo/Monk TR VI Dirtyblade/Pali TR V
    VIP/2006 Brooklyn N.Y.

What version do you have, and what type of problems? Thanks for the compliments

Default Feature request

One thing that I still wish the program would do would be to list the bonus effects as a way to select what item to make.

For example, you have the base item, then the user could select either the current method of picking tiers, or to pick from a list of desired effects from tier 2 and 3 bonuses. The selected effect would then narrow the selection of tier 1, 2, and 3 effects to things that would lead to the desired bonus effect.

For weapons, selecting Mineral/Transmuting would provide a list of ONLY the Earth for Tiers 1 and 3, and only Positive selections for tier 2. Right now, people hear about some of the effects, but need to check web sites to figure out which combinations of elements are needed to make it using the program. Trial and error would work, but checking all of the combinations to find the bonus effects can be a little annoying.

Thanks again for a great program...

That's been on my want to do list for a while. I just haven't had the time lately to mess with it. I have a list of small bugs, and a new option for updating via the web in the works, I just have to sit down and crunch at it for a day or two to finish. After that, I'll work on this feature, it will be the next to go in. I find myself doing the same thing as you. I'll add in a small FAQ for what gets you what, as a temporary fix, until I can implement this.

ahhhem...... You have been idel too long.. More advancements to this wonderful planner please...

Last edited by Durack; 10-22-2008 at 01:15 AM.
    Durrack, Durracka,Verminnard

Part one btw is based off the game Gauntlet Did not see it in the title for part one lol but you have the gauntlet char bodies right in front of you when you port in.

"Be good, if you can't be good then be good at it."

Quote Originally Posted by Durack View Post
    ahhhem...... You have been idel too long.. More advancements to this wonderful planner please...

I've learned that it is best not to push the author of free software. When the next updates are ready, we will get them. I also suspect that there is a bit of burnout on the game(or just the Shroud) that is contributing to the delays.

So, I just hope the updates will come. If not, then what we have is still a great tool. There may also be some waiting for new content or additions to the game to give further incentive to add to the program.

Dur's just a ball buster..you punk You know I've been working on it...the in program update option is more complicated than it appears, and lately work has been hellish... My first full blown successful full update using the in program updater occured 2 days ago. A few more tweaks and I'll be releasing the new one with just the updater, everything else I was working on I'll hide and release later.

~San

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    and lately work has been hellish...
    What does your boss say.."I wan't result's not excuses"....

Besides aint like we are getting another raid for mod 8

Default V2.2.0 Is Up!!

Version 2.2.0 is up.

Full Release Notes:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Sanadil; 10-26-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Default Version 2.3.1 Is Up!!

Version 2.3.1 is up.

Raid Timer Now Included!!

Full Release Notes:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Sanadil; 10-31-2008 at 10:37 PM.

I'm aware of the massive memory leak that occured with version 2.3.0. It was only up for about 3 hours before it was realized and a fix was in place.

Also, the updater wasn't working properly. Its still a beta product, but does work. The path that I had coded internally in the program, was to my local machines test path Its now relative and should work with version 2.3.1.

If you have version 2.3.0, it was eating up about 830 meg of ram when run. Just update to 2.3.1 and all should work just fine.

A note for you programmers out there, when testing things with 2 dimensional array's, don't leave them extra extra extra large, it eats alot of memory

great work it looks awesome

I'm aware of 1 more small bug that doesn't really affect functionality.

I had to change the Update.ini file to Update.txt, as my web provider would not let you download an INI file. I forgot to update the ShroudUpdate.exe file to reflect this. It will complain that it can't find the Update.ini file but will still run.

Another thing I forgot to add, that isn't a bug, but a feature, is the Completions on the raid timer, when you "Reset Timer", to say you completed the raid, it won't update the Completion count. Its an easy fix, but I've already released a hotfix within the first few hours, this functionality, along with baloon tips when minimized to the task bar, will come in the next revision.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast