Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Frigo View Post
    As an extra option to the crafting planner it would be lovely to be able to start with selecting a wanted Tier3 effect and then "backtrack" to Tier 2 and 1.
    Example: I want a Tier3 (WT) +100 sp,+3WIS skills etc. then the program automagically narrows down to the possible ways to get there from Tier 2 en Tier 1.

But furthermore; awesome program, tyvm for creating and sharing this!!!
    This was an idea I suggested a while ago(check page 3 of this thread). Many people still do not know what the bonus effects are, so need to check the various spreadsheets to see which elements they need to pick in tiers 1 and 2 in order to get the desired tier 3 bonuses.

That is going to be one of the toughest all around features to add. Full re-write of the behind the scenes selection process.

For the mean time, under FAQ, I've added what all the bonuses are, and what focus you need to choose in tier 1/2 to get there.

The section of FAQ was taken directly from DDO Wiki. I "cleaned" it up a little, just shortened headers etc so it would fit in the page better on the planner.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Oh yeah, I've been on extended break from DDO over the last month. I'm still active on the forums, join in once in a while on guild raids etc. Until mod 9 hits, I've been taking a break from the game, it was long overdue, and I want mod 9 to really feel fresh

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    Oh yeah, I've been on extended break from DDO over the last month. I'm still active on the forums, join in once in a while on guild raids etc. Until mod 9 hits, I've been taking a break from the game, it was long overdue, and I want mod 9 to really feel fresh
    I can understand that since I have taken breaks like that before. I do understand and appreciate the effort required, so I am not complaining in any way.

Default Version 2.6.1 Is Up!!

Version 2.6.1 is up.

This version includes DDO Compendium Access (Internet Connection Required)

Full Release Notes:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

PS - I triple checked this time, whether you download the full version, or update from within the planner, all your save files, raid timers, items, and settings, will be saved....NOTHING WILL GET WIPED
    Last edited by Sanadil; 04-29-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Sweet!
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

I have to say, this is awesome and I can not believe I only just found out about it.

Ingredient tracker and maps/puzzles all in one place.

Thank You!
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Community Member

This is really nice, I am using the raid timer and ingredient tracker to keep track of what I have spread across my characters.

I'm currently running V2.6.0, but the following are things I would like to see:

Update the weapon info in the Shroud Crafting section to have all the dmg dice, crit range and crit multiplier for the various GS weapons. This info can be found in a chart on the DDO Wiki here. http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Green_Steel_Item

Have the ingredient data in the save file updated if the numbers were changed when the program quits or have a button at the bottom of the ingredients page to save the current info to the file that was opened. It would also be nice if it automatically loaded the last open ingredient save file when the program is started up. The first part is to keep me from having to resave and overwrite the save file every time I do a shroud run, and the second part is to cut down on the amount of bookkeeping I have to do when I start the planner back up. The raid timers are all correct when I restart the program but the rest of the tabs don't remember what I was doing on them.

Once more, thanks for the really useful utility.

The Items tab should remember what you had in it from the last time, it functions exactly like the raid timer. It should remember the last walkthrough, and the last map you were viewing also.

The only tabs that don't remember are those that you can save multiple files for, namely, the Forumula, and the Ingredients.

Ingredients tab will ask you before closing if you want to save the file, only if its different than the last loaded file, or if you haven't saved it at all, and have put some data in it.

I could load the last save file if one exists, for formula's. I'm not so sure I want to auto save that though. Here's my reasoning. If you load a formula, and create it so you can view the output. Then leave it open say for a day, two, a week, whatever it may be. Then come back to it, forgetting you loaded that file a week ago, and change the data to something else, then close the program. With auto save, it would overwrite that file you had loaded.

I may be able to do something along the lines of check on close if something has changed, then ask to auto save, and give the file name you would be saving to. This would give the user the choice to just save (overwrite) it, without the open prompt, or hit no and keep their original formula. I'm not sure what it would entail right now. Saving with that dialog you see is totally different than the auto saves I do on other tabs Auto saves on the other tabs have a static, set in stone place where the file is. Formula's and Ingredients can be saved anywhere on your machine. Okay, I'm writing a novel lol. I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuryo View Post

Update the weapon info in the Shroud Crafting section to have all the dmg dice, crit range and crit multiplier for the various GS weapons. This info can be found in a chart on the DDO Wiki here. http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Green_Steel_Item

Once more, thanks for the really useful utility.
    Do you mean on the FAQ, the Drop Down Box on the crafting tab, or the output in the crafting formula?

Default Windows 7 & The Crafting Planner

I'm typing this on the RC1 Build 7100 version of Windows 7 (32 Bit). The crafting planner is fully working on this build. The only bug I've been able to find is in the Raid Timer help file. It appears to not like the chm file, so I may need to turn this into something else in a future release so all can view it.

Just wanted to give all those that have tried earlier versions of this operating system, and were having trouble, a heads up that its going to work when it releases to the general public.

THIS ERROR IS FIXED SINCE VERSION 3.0.0

Ding ding ding...light bulb moment!

So I got some reports on those errors about windows 7 when it was in beta. Guess what, the error is repeatable everywhere, its not just windows 7.

If you run the crafting planner today on your system, then go and move the folder to somewhere else, run the crafting planner from the new location, you will get an error message that pops up, and none of the web pages etc will load.

Cause: The maps in the planner, require the full path to the image file, not a relative path. (Needs C:\Program Files\blablabla\Crafting\Image\Outdoor\Map.jpg, and not \Image\Outdoor\Map.jpg)

Resolution: For now, just go to the map tab after it loads, and pic a DIFFERENET MAP than the one the error is showing. Close the planner, open it again, and you are back in business.

I'll try to get this fixed for the next release.

Sample Error Message:

This shows aussircaexvalley.jpg as the offending map, so I just chose something else, like the vale, and after closing and opening, it all worked again.

Time to swap back to my XP Hard drive and see if I can't quickly fix this one
    Last edited by Sanadil; 05-27-2009 at 05:02 PM.

THIS ERROR IS FIXED SINCE VERSION 3.0.0

Another bug found (Windows 7 Only). If you click on any of the email links in the program, and no default email program is set, you will get an error. This will be exclusive to Windows 7, as microsoft has done away with a pre-packaged email client. You must download windows live mail, or some other 3rd party email client, for it to work.

Please note, just downloading windows live itself will not work, you must setup an email account within it for the error to stop occuring.

I'll surround the email code with a piece of code to not show the error, and just pop a window stating you need to install an email client.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 05-27-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    Do you mean on the FAQ, the Drop Down Box on the crafting tab, or the output in the crafting formula?
    The drop down box on the crafting tab, many of the weapons don't have anything but the weapon name. The format I would like would be:

Longbow (1d10, 20/3x)

and so on. Of course it would be nice if the data also showed up in the area where the crafted formulea are shown.

I'm not as concerned with having recipes loading or saving as I am the ingredient tab. I'm not sure why but the numbers there are wrong from time to time. I've started the program up and loaded the file and had a lot of the data be off, like the save did not work or something. Or are the numbers on the ingredient page affected when I hit craft on the GS creation page? Its most notable because I've had my number of large devil scales go from 12 to 7 for some reason but I don't have any memory of putting a 7 in there. I don't plan to use any of my stockpile until mod9 when I can see which slots are free of cool loot.
    Last edited by Ikuryo; 05-06-2009 at 04:17 PM.

EDIT:

ADDED TO VERSION 3.0.0

I may have fixed the bug you were experiencing in 3.0.0 too. I had an odd one where it would reload a file when you asked it not to, under very rare circumstances

I can add that info to the drop downs and formula's pretty easily.

As far as the Ingredient tab not being the same. That's a new one. I've never had it, in the time I've been using it, not be what I put it in to be.

It reads straight from a saved text file, all the numbers are in there. The only thing that could cause it would be a failed save, but if you don't remember ever putting a "7" in a field and it was a 7 later, that's something all together different, and honestly, I'm about 99% sure it can't happen. Each field in the save file is categorized for each box on the ingredient tab. Large Scales, for instance, could be number 45 in my save file, so it'll look something like 45=12 (that's not it exactly, just an example). So, that box in the program, can't have anything, other than what 45= sais it is. There is no way, its a 1 for 1 relation.

Unless there is some kind of way I can repeat this problem, with consistency, it'll be nearly impossible to debug, I'd be shooting blanks in the dark
    Last edited by Sanadil; 05-27-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Community Member

Its not of great concern its just a little annoying. I was wondering if it was being affected by the recipe tab because I would start at 12 large scales, hit create with a recipe that used 5 large scales and later notice that the ingredient tab had 7 large scales listed. Its more an oddity then a real problem but I thought I should mention it.

Thanks for looking into the change in the drop down.

EDIT: Was looking at my raid timers and sorted it by time and realized that it sorts on first digit of the number, not by which number is larger.

So the order ends up:
    2 days 15 hours
    2 days 14 hours
    9 hours
    14 hours

when sorted in a decreasing amount of time remaining instead of:

2 days 15 hours
    2 days 14 hours
    14 hours
    9 hours

A small matter but it can lead to the order being kind of odd.
    Last edited by Ikuryo; 05-10-2009 at 06:35 AM.

Not sure I'll be able to fix that one. The field is a text field that the time is going in, so a preceding 0 would need to be placed in for it to sort properly. Right now there is some pretty extensive changes going into the next revision which is taking some time to complete and test. I'll see what I can do for this the next go around of changes.

Default Korthos map missing

I never noticed it before, but there is no map of Korthos Island. Is there any chance this could be added to a 2.6.2 release?

ADDED TO VERSION 3.0.0

If you can find me a good map of Korthos, sure. Next version I think is heading to 3.0 The amount of update/bug fixes/changes I think warrants it. You in particular will like one new addition I'm adding. Its not exactly what you've asked for in the past, but its getting closer to it.

I found one by LostInJapan. I'll be adding that one to the next version..
    Last edited by Sanadil; 05-27-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Default Version 3.0.0 Is Up!!

Version 3.0.0 is up.

Full Release Notes:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...91#post1580491

Enjoy!!

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast