Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Default DDO Game Guide V3.5.0 Released

V3.5.0 Released, head to the OP for release notes/download links.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Community Member

first i would like to say great work and thanks

i was looking at game guide and on the "Raid Readiness Table" for Reaver's Fate you have listed that you need 20 of each relic. It was changed (in last update I believe) to only needing 9 each.

also "Zawabi's Revenge" is missing the "a" between the Z and w (Zwabi's) in the "Select Raid" menu

Not a huge deal but something you may want to note

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkenius View Post
    first i would like to say great work and thanks

i was looking at game guide and on the "Raid Readiness Table" for Reaver's Fate you have listed that you need 20 of each relic. It was changed (in last update I believe) to only needing 9 each.

also "Zawabi's Revenge" is missing the "a" between the Z and w (Zwabi's) in the "Select Raid" menu

Not a huge deal but something you may want to note
    Thanks for the catches. I'll make sure these are updated next release. I have a few more tweaks I want on the raid timer, and I plan on revamping the internal updater to allow patches, so it will no longer require full downloads of the program. Currently haven't been working on it though, a little burnt from the last update, and news of how Update 9 is shaping up is really putting a downer on even wanting to play.

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Community Member

yea the U9 changes are definately concerning and putting a big drag/damper on things right now
    hopefully they will realize the implications and either modify or back out of some of the changes (sooner rather than later) or they will not be as bad as we fear and are experiancing on Lamma

anyway, back to the guide, I was going through and putting in items in the item tracker and i see that it only allows 50 types, and there are more types than that in the game:

43 weapons
    5 armor (6 if you split robes and outfits apart)
    2 shields (4 if you split buckler, light, heavy)
    10 clothing

total: 60 items

it would be nice if the item tracker allowed enough items for each of the different types of items in the game
    or do you have a suggestion (or better way) to organize stuff in the item tracker than this?

right now i will probably just not put in some of the weapons as i do not use/keep all 43 types but if you do have a good way to organize all of this it would be much appreciated to get best use out of this tool

thanks

I can up that number for next release, it shouldn't be an issue. I usually categorize weapons as just that "Weapon", then in the description I put the +5 Kopesh, +5 Dwarven Axe etc... Same for Armor, I just list it as Armor, even if its a robe, or chainmail, etc. That is one possible solution for the moment.

Community Member AmatsukaIncarnate's Avatar

This is awesome!
    I wish you had a portable one programmed too...

I have noticed that "Against the Demon Queen" dont update propperly over myDDO, other raids work exelent.

Thank you for making this happening, it is realy nice to have program that will check raid timers
    Thelanis -> D 20bbn (TR 1) | H 11rgr/7mnk/2ftr+2 (TR 1) | K 20bbn+3 (TR 3) | K 15pal/3mnk/2ftr (TR 1) | M 20+1 fvs (TR 2) | S 8mnk/12pal (TR 2)
    Gimped -> B 20wiz | Work in progress -> B (TR 1) 6rgr/6bbn/1rog | B (TR2) 14fs I drop BB; I don't HJEEEAL (:

Hello, been using your awesome DDO tool for a long time now, I find it to be an indispensable "Swiss Army Knife" for all things DDO-related. I am having problems using version 3.5.0 however. I am running Win7 x64 SP1, with .NET 1.1 and .Net 4.0 installed (.NET 2.0 is incorporated into the OS). I extracted the compressed files into an new/empty folder.

The problem I am having is a crash which occurs right after all the green check-marks on the DDO Game Guide start-up screen are checked. It crashes as soon as the start-up screen disappears with a "Problem Event Name CLR20r3" error, and this: "Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException" I have uninstalled and reinstalled .NET 4.0, I cannot "install" .NET 2.0 because when I attempt to, I get a message: "This component is already a part of the operating system". Previous versions of the tool were working, but that is not to say that the problem is not on my end, which it likely is. Any clues or ideas about this? I'm anxious to use the new version but cannot
    Player on Sarlona since November 2006
    Alts: Lemminkainen/Nicoletta/Nahuatl/Giordano/Gnorri/Somah/Jibrael

Quote Originally Posted by gserlenga View Post
    Hello, been using your awesome DDO tool for a long time now, I find it to be an indispensable "Swiss Army Knife" for all things DDO-related. I am having problems using version 3.5.0 however. I am running Win7 x64 SP1, with .NET 1.1 and .Net 4.0 installed (.NET 2.0 is incorporated into the OS). I extracted the compressed files into an new/empty folder.

The problem I am having is a crash which occurs right after all the green check-marks on the DDO Game Guide start-up screen are checked. It crashes as soon as the start-up screen disappears with a "Problem Event Name CLR20r3" error, and this: "Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException" I have uninstalled and reinstalled .NET 4.0, I cannot "install" .NET 2.0 because when I attempt to, I get a message: "This component is already a part of the operating system". Previous versions of the tool were working, but that is not to say that the problem is not on my end, which it likely is. Any clues or ideas about this? I'm anxious to use the new version but cannot
    Where do you have it extracted to? Did you happen to stick it in the Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder? If so move it to your My Docs folder and try again.

Try running it as administrator too.

I may have to get you a special version to try and figure out what's going on. Some initial searching on that error, doesn't sound good I have a function, called "Main". That function on run of the program, calls the load form, then calls the main form afterwords. I'll have to put a try/catch block in to see if we can get more detailed information about it. Its a pesky bug, and revolves around some referenced DLL not being available.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 04-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maha0201 View Post
    I have noticed that "Against the Demon Queen" dont update propperly over myDDO, other raids work exelent.

Thank you for making this happening, it is realy nice to have program that will check raid timers
    Did you run DQ 1 on epic, or are you having trouble with DQ 2 on epic?

I never did test DQ 1 before release. DQ 2 was updating properly for me and a few of the other testers I had. Its the one I wanted to make sure was working as its slightly different than all other raids when it comes to my.ddo

Make sure its updating in my.ddo too. There have been reports recently that the quest log has stopped working for some people, on some characters (not all).

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    Where do you have it extracted to? Did you happen to stick it in the Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder? If so move it to your My Docs folder and try again.

Try running it as administrator too.

I may have to get you a special version to try and figure out what's going on. Some initial searching on that error, doesn't sound good I have a function, called "Main". That function on run of the program, calls the load form, then calls the main form afterwords. I'll have to put a try/catch block in to see if we can get more detailed information about it. Its a pesky bug, and revolves around some referenced DLL not being available.
    I extracted to the location you suggested, and tried 'Run as Administrator', still getting the same errors I quoted earlier.

Here is the error report in detail:

"Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: shroud crafting.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 3.5.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4d8a7ee8
    Problem Signature 04: Shroud Crafting
    Problem Signature 05: 3.5.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4d8a7ee8
    Problem Signature 07: 1b
    Problem Signature 08: e9
    Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033"

I'm a tech, not a programmer, but I did do some Google searching on this error and found a link that might help related to this specific 'CLR20r3/System.InvalidOperationException' error: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=534929

My .NET installations seem OK to me, other programs requiring various .NET runtimes I use aren't crashing. If you happen to have a link to the previous version I would use that since I deleted it. Hoping you can help me with this when you get any free time, and thanks for responding
    Last edited by gserlenga; 04-05-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Player on Sarlona since November 2006
    Alts: Lemminkainen/Nicoletta/Nahuatl/Giordano/Gnorri/Somah/Jibrael

Quote Originally Posted by gserlenga View Post
    If you happen to have a link to the previous version I would use that since I deleted it. Hoping you can help me with this when you get any free time, and thanks for responding
    Check your PM's.

I found another bug I'm about to report in my next post, it won't fix this one though.

BUG: If you complete the Sentinel series in house D, the auto raid timer will stop functioning. The program will lock up where you will have to end task it.

It will continue to do that until the Sentinel series completion listing goes further than 2 days 18 hours, then will work again.

I'm in the process of attempting to fix this, and will hopefully have a patched EXE out for everyone soon.

The regular expression that pulls out all the information did not take into account the ":" that is in that quest listing, and it was messing it all up. No amount of error catching was working on it to allow it to push through and continue. I was close to having a fix tonight, but don't have the time anymore to keep plugging at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    BUG: If you complete the Sentinel series in house D, the auto raid timer will stop functioning. The program will lock up where you will have to end task it.

It will continue to do that until the Sentinel series completion listing goes further than 2 days 18 hours, then will work again.

I'm in the process of attempting to fix this, and will hopefully have a patched EXE out for everyone soon.

The regular expression that pulls out all the information did not take into account the ":" that is in that quest listing, and it was messing it all up. No amount of error catching was working on it to allow it to push through and continue. I was close to having a fix tonight, but don't have the time anymore to keep plugging at it.
    Internally I've fixed this bug. Any quest that was too long, would get cut off by my.ddo and add ... to the end of the name. On top of that the : that were in some quest names were also not taken into account. My latest dev version fixes all of this.

gserlenga:

I know your problem revolves around a referenced DLL in some way shape or form. I read the thread you sent, and quite a few others. I've gone through and updated the latest dev to remove all referenced DLL's that shouldn't be there, and cleaned up the includes to remove them from code too. At some point here in the next 24 hours, look for a link in your PM to download the latest dev version, to see if its still happening too you. Keep your current version of 3.5.0 handy, as this will just be the exe you can overwrite the 3.5.0 version with. Don't overwrite the 3.4.0 I sent you with this EXE, it will break it. If this fixes it YEAH, if not..grrr I'll put more debugging in after we test this to see if we can't find out what's going on.

The only way I saw to truly fix it, was to create a whole new solution in vb.net, then recreate your program. This, is honestly something I've been wanting to do for a while. There is quite a bit of "junk" that has stuck around from version to version of vb.net's I've been using. This started out on I think vb.net 2001 or 2, and is up to 2008 at the present, and soon to be 2010.

Quick question, is this a retail version of Windows? Regged copy? OEM? Technet? etc.. You can PM me on that if the answer is something you'd rather not share

~Sanadil
    Last edited by Sanadil; 04-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

OK, I havent read the whole thread. Just want to say I love the work here. I just had a thought hit me.

Can you add a "friends" list? Thats really the only thing I'm missing. Would be cool to be able to have a much larger list than what we have in game.. Something searchable. Something that we can attach a persons alts to.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

small typo, lightning tier 3 guard is spelled like "lignning guard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I can't decide if this works better as a portmanteau of "human" and "moron," or as an eternally smiling alien from the planet Humor. Maybe both?

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    OK, I havent read the whole thread. Just want to say I love the work here. I just had a thought hit me.

Can you add a "friends" list? Thats really the only thing I'm missing. Would be cool to be able to have a much larger list than what we have in game.. Something searchable. Something that we can attach a persons alts to.
    That is a great idea. Let me see what I can do for it. I may try to dabble in Datagrids for the friends list.

I am travelling for work next week, and the week after, then go on vacation for 2 weeks, then have a week back home, then off for another week for work. I'll see if I can work in some time on it while flying.
    Last edited by Sanadil; 04-22-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledge View Post
    small typo, lightning tier 3 guard is spelled like "lignning guard"

Thanks for the catch, I'll make sure its updated next release.

On another note:

I have a patch listed on the IS website that does fix some issues with the auto raid timer update. I wasn't going to officially release it until the next version, but if you are having trouble with the program locking up, there is an exe on my website that will fix it. Its only under very special circumstances it happens. Its in the crafting section and stickied at the top.

Default Thank you

This is a fantastic tool. Thank you for your time and effort.
    +1!

As a side note, the UI is wonderful.

love this been using it since you first started only problem i have is when i try to use my.ddo it locks up and will never respond any ideas of what might make this happen it does it on all my pcs. Maybe you can test it using my info and see if it works or not?
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast