Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council

oooh it's prettier.....must have taken you forever to make the splash screen

EDIT: Forgot to add, the customising of which tabs you want upon load is proving very useful, nice addition
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Community Member Krysta_Shadowvol's Avatar

Question 64 Bit OS Question

I tried to use this and was sad to Discover that its not compatible with a 64 bit operating system, So my question is will It Ever be?
    "Ask directions from a genie In a bottle of Jim Beam and she lies to you"

Quote Originally Posted by Krysta_Shadowvol View Post
    I tried to use this and was sad to Discover that its not compatible with a 64 bit operating system, So my question is will It Ever be?
    Running fine for me under 64 bit Vista.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

I have run it on both vista 64 bit ans 7 64 bit without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysta_Shadowvol View Post
    As the previous two posters stated, it works with 64 bit. My primary at home is win 7 64 bit and its working fine. There was a time in the past that it wasn't playing nice, but I found the work around to make it work. What symptoms are you having? It may not be a 64 bit issue, but just a windows issue in general.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Not sure if it's server load issues, but get (500) errors after the main .exe download while updating a 3.2.0 version of the application.

Is there an 'offline' patch online download via alternate means?

But yes, fantastic tool. I wish all people playing DDO had it.
    You can download from one of the mirrors in the OP. Its nearly the same thing, and overwriting with the contents of the zip won't overwrite any of your settings.

| Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    woot! you've fixed the item tracker too - excellent!

love your work.
    Its been brought to my attention that you need to put in a character name in the item tracker or it won't show up in the list. I'll see about defaulting it to something in the next update...like (NONE) if you don't enter it in. That's the only required field, character name. (The person was using it to keep track of seals/shards etc, and didn't want to assign it to a particular character).

It will do this same thing with the raid timer, character is required.

Default Amenity/Crew tracker similar to the raid timer page?

Hello there,

while thinking about our lately acquired guild ship I figured it would be great to have a tool to track the remaining times on amenities and crew - and thought instantly it should be similar to the raid timer in your Game Guide. Ever thought about adding something like this?

Meowin

Quote Originally Posted by Meowin View Post
    Hello there,

while thinking about our lately acquired guild ship I figured it would be great to have a tool to track the remaining times on amenities and crew - and thought instantly it should be similar to the raid timer in your Game Guide. Ever thought about adding something like this?

Meowin
    I see this from two sides. On the one hand, it would be nice to know, have a list of all the possible ship bonuses, and set a time on when they will expire. On the other hand, most guilds have multiple officers, a leader, and successor. Any one of them could change the timer at any given point, making what you have in your game guide, not accurate. I'm not sure how much use this would get. Anybody else have an opinion on the matter?

I've had another request to put in a similar timer for ransack on chests. How does everyone feel about that? If I did it, should it be its own tab, or add it to the raid timer..and rename it to game timer as it would be for multiple things?

The ingredient reduction from green steel is something I've wanted to do for a while. I'm having a hard time on real-estate on the shroud crafting tab though. I have no idea where I'm going to put the objects needed to make it work.

I've been re-vamping the item tracker. Its getting a pretty major overhaul. Ideas I'm going for..some I've already started on are:

Color coding the text based on type.
    Drop downs for character and type...which will get auto populated with what you already have in your file.
    Export/Import to tab delimited files so you can mass modify in a third party program like excel.

Thank you for this awesome tool. :-)

I have one small probably typo, or something they changed after last version was released but when making epic recipe, the program says, that epic dungeon tokens are BTC. I dont know about raid tokens, started running epics recently and no raid for me yet, but i have few dungeon tokens, and they are definitely bound to account.
    Khyber - Cobryn, Calvyr, Panrry, Metroplex, Rakosniczek

Completely forgot they changed that not to long ago, I'll update it for the next release. Thanks for the catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Not sure if it's server load issues, but get (500) errors after the main .exe download while updating a 3.2.0 version of the application.

Is there an 'offline' patch online download via alternate means?

But yes, fantastic tool. I wish all people playing DDO had it.
    Just want to give an FYI on this. Starting the next release, the internal updater, and what is in it, will be exactly the same as what's in the zip file you can download.

Version 3.4.0 Released...head to OP for details..

I'm having problems, hadn't used the game guide for a while. Started using it again recently and found that the puzzles were broken. Figured my copy got corrupted or something, downloaded a fresh copy of newest release and problems remain.

By broken I mean shroud solver won't display puzzles at all and no buttons function, reavers shows blue, blue, blue, blue and doesn't respond to any entries or reset button.

Running win 7 64, definitely have .net 2.0, guide ran awesome for about a year with no problems for me (same system)

It sounds like its just a java issue. You may need to install Java on your system if it isn't already. It could also be a security permissions issue within internet explorer. Two things you can do is:

1) Head to http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp and update java for your system. After updating re-run the game guide and try the puzzle solver, if its working great, your fixed. If not head to step 2 and give that a shot.

2) Head to the WebPages\lights subfolder. Open lights.html in internet explorer (even if its not your primary browser, it needs to be IE). If any security questions come up, respond allowing it to run. If a question comes up about intranet, and if you'd like to enable those settings, do so.

If the puzzle is working there after doing that. Try re-running the game guide and see if the non-mini mode version of the shroud puzzle is working.

One of those should fix it.

ok, narrowed it down to an internet explorer option. I can't for the life of me find the right one though, opening the puzzles in IE gives me activex and script blocks, I have tried toggling every activex and script rule I can find and nothing will allow the puzzles to load unhindered. Updated to IE 9 beta, no help... worse I no longer get prompted with the activex prompt. The prompts I received were temporary, the "allow" option wouldn't be remembered after selecting, tried with multiple webpages.

any idea which activex/script rules I need to toggle or permissions I need to alter? believe I've tried everything under internet/intranet/mycomputer but maybe I missed something.

appreciate the help

awesome app

To enable ActiveX/Java etc. scripts to auto run on your local files only:

Tools \ Internet Options \ Advanced, scroll down to the check box labeled "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" and check/tick it

Close/Restart IE

That should fix your problem. I just tested it here on IE9 with enhanced security still enabled and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadderly View Post
    ok, narrowed it down to an internet explorer option. I can't for the life of me find the right one though, opening the puzzles in IE gives me activex and script blocks, I have tried toggling every activex and script rule I can find and nothing will allow the puzzles to load unhindered. Updated to IE 9 beta, no help... worse I no longer get prompted with the activex prompt. The prompts I received were temporary, the "allow" option wouldn't be remembered after selecting, tried with multiple webpages.

any idea which activex/script rules I need to toggle or permissions I need to alter? believe I've tried everything under internet/intranet/mycomputer but maybe I missed something.

appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    oooh it's prettier.....must have taken you forever to make the splash screen

EDIT: Forgot to add, the customizing of which tabs you want upon load is proving very useful, nice addition
    Quite a while after the fact, but yes, it took a few hours to do that. I had another guy here at work trying to get the mirror reflections so you could read it in the glass I had laid down... I think I ended up pulling together like 9 keyboards as letters were of varying sizes. I'm no graphics expert, but after I saw that glass with the purple glow to it, I wanted to give it a shot. Here's a few raw pics of them, re-sized to not be the original 4000x3000 they were

Default *bows deeply*

Hey, I don't know if this gets said enough to you or not, but thanks a lot for this wonderful tool. I didn't know until recently that I've been using your program for the past 10 months. It's been a great help in letting me see what options I have to twink and play with to get what I want. The puzzle solver was an added bonus. So thank you and please continue your fine work.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast