Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Baervan View Post
    Yup. I just tried a new UI skin today and now all my previous settings reset. There's a common glich somewhere when the new skin is activated.

Another glich I saw was that selecting the default "none" skin doesn't always reset your UI. You may need to log off and restart the game for the selection to stick.

The problem is that the 'default ui settings' button is directly below the list of skins. when you click one it takes several minutes to load and looks like the game froze so if you click again you are actually clicking the default button and resetting your UI options. When I first did that it took me about 3 days to even notice that everybody's names were different colors and I couldn't understand why my ranger would grab his cure wand every time I tried to sneak . Maybe they can add a timer to prevent any changes for 30 seconds or so after changing a skin, or move the default settings button

So far the only time I've had trouble with the 'none' skin not all changing back was when I had errors in the SkinDefinition file or missing images.
    Last edited by Zornochio; 03-06-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zornochio View Post
    The problem is that the 'default ui settings' button is directly below the list of skins. when you click one it takes several minutes to load and looks like the game froze so if you click again you are actually clicking the default button and resetting your UI options. When I first did that it took me about 3 days to even notice that everybody's names were different colors and I couldn't understand why my ranger would grab his cure wand every time I tried to sneak . Maybe they can add a timer to prevent any changes for 30 seconds or so after changing a skin, or move the default settings button

So far the only time I've had trouble with the 'none' skin not all changing back was when I had errors in the SkinDefinition file or missing images.
    Well what do you know, I guess it wasn't a programming problem but a menu layout problem. I hope the devs pick up on this and add a UI change confirmation window to help us avoid this problem in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123