Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Module 6 Known Problems

The Known Issues list from Turbine is a little short. Here's some more things players might like to know.

Official List
    1. Rogues can't train Defensive Roll or Slippery Mind.
    2. Rangers can't train Oversized TWF (unless they took a level of another class)
    3. Delera's optional broke.
    4. Shroud Portal Keeper missing his assault scripting.
    5. Incorrect RR labels in AH items.
    6. Stuck with neg APs if you had Improved Heighten.
    7. Charm Monster scrolls avail, they should have been removed.
    8. Shroud raid unrepeatable, without GM intervention.

Additional Problems:

Characters
    * Rangers with Tempest gain the +2 AC bonus at all times, not just when holding an offhand weapon.

* Superior TWF and Superior THF feats are missing. Hopefully this was intentional, and is just a failure to document.

* BAB 15 characters attack slower (and thus do less damage per second) than BAB 14 characters, especially if using two-handed weapons.

* Characters at maximum XP will still have an XP bar displayed on screen, even though it no longer has any information to convey.

* (reported) Bards can directly target someone with Inspire Heroics, but no buff appears on him.

Spells
    * Cleric8 spell Holy Aura is nearly useless, and was not in the release notes. Maybe it should've been removed, or maybe it should be improved.

* Sunburst spell displays an "Immune" message on any monster not harmed by exposure to daylight, which is almost every monster.

* Symbol of Death spell didn't have its hitpoint limit boosted above PnP, unlike every other hp-limited spell.

* Scrolls of new low-level spells are not available as loot, or from vendors.

* Casting the Master's Touch or Tenser's Transformation spell produces hundreds of lines of chat text, lagging the network connection. The lag repeats when the effect ends.

* The cleric Destruction spell is not block by effects which stop death effects.

* The Suggestion spells are not blocked by effects which stop charm effects.

Items
    * Limbchopper effect on the Sever weapon is (once again) non-removable by death.

* Availability of Kyber Shards is unsatisfactory.

* Dragonscale armor repair is unsatisfactory.

* Ingredient bags stack contents to 100, but some ingredients come in 800+ from one drop.

* New high-level magic jewelry has far too little hardness.

* Soul Essences can be placed on the auction house, but cannot be seen or bidded on.

* The magic orb from the Eldritch Device Tutorial has the icon of a twig.

* If a character is wearing multiple Green Steel clothing items, Taint of Shavarath will instantly kill you when you release to a tavern, or accept a Raise Dead spell.

* Aside from khopesh, the most attractive weapon types are apparently not available for crafting.

* (reported) Some high-level Elite chests have worse loot than on Hard.

* Spintered Horn ingredients found in The Shroud cannot be placed on the corresponding Altars.

* Contrary to its description, the Good Burst weapon effect only triggers on critical hits, and does not give 1d6 damage on normal hits. Also contrary, the burst damage applies to non-good targets, not just evil ones.

Monsters
    * A charmed Orthon doesn't display a pink hat icon.

* Mummy rot no longer allows saving throws. Once infected, you will take stat damage every 60 sec, until you die or are cured.

* Fiend-blood bats are immune to Banish effects, unlike every other low-HD non-named Fiend-blood creature.

* Crimson-foot spiders in the Vale of Twilight will attack other monsters without being charmed. Not a bug- that's their job.

* Attacks from devils cannot penetrate DR/Law.

Quests
    * Many traps in high level elite quests do zero damage.

* Traps in elite quests have their damage and reflex DC scaled much higher than the amount by which monsters improve.

* Recalling twice from a quest in the Vale of Twilight will bring you to The Twelve, instead of the proper destination (usually Meridia).

* The Coalesence Chamber (Fallen Temple) quest has respawning monsters which can easily accumulate to hundreds at once, lagging the game connection.

* The confirmation dialog for the rez lever in Reaver's Fate is missing.

* Valairea Satnarine does not look in your Ingredients bag when evaluating your progress on the Eldritch Device tutorial, possibly blocking progress, or allowing you to accumulate hundreds of the sample items.

* Reaching 40 favor with The Twelve before picking up your free Small Ingredients bag will make that bag permanently unavailable.

* The collector side-quests in the Shroud are badly incomplete. The items have a twig graphic and have no descriptive text, the counter doesn't update when you grab something, and the grabbed item can't go in any kind of bag. Additionally there are design flaws- the items are rivalrous, and the number required for even part one of the quest would necessitate 300+ Shroud runs considering the drop rate (setting the stage for a repeat of the mod3 Antique Bronze Token fiasco, but worse)

* In Ritual Sacrifice, skipping talking to Pateus the first time will leave the quest incompletable when you come towards the end.

* In Running With Devils, monsters use "Baator" as a place-name. There is no Baator in the Eberron setting.

* In The Shroud, monsters use "For Shavarath" as a battle cry. Shavarath has no unified control and devils are only a minority, making it insensible as an object of allegiance.
    Last edited by Angelus_dead; 02-13-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead
    * Aside from khopesh, the most attractive weapon types are apparently not available for crafting.
    I have a feeling this was intended.

By the way, are there any devils that use the "most attractive weapons"? You are crafting stuff that is related to devils, after all.
    Last edited by MrCow; 02-08-2008 at 12:04 AM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    By the way, are there any devils that use the "most attractive weapons"? You are crafting stuff that is related to devils, after all.
    Funny you mention that. All Orthons carry a repeating crossbow, yet there is no apparent recipe for a repeater.

However, this is based on limited information. Maybe the recipes for "good stuff" are intentionally harder to find, or require an additional, rarer ingredient... although the easy availability of the khopesh undermines that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    All Orthons carry a repeating crossbow, yet there is no apparent recipe for a repeater.
    It's less carrying and more attached-to-their-arm kinda thing.

Aelvara - Bagel - Bagelbot - Daarna - Kraldor - Minibagel - Uberlute - Wounder

|||-C a f f e i n e-|||
    |||Q u a n t u m - E n t r o p y|||

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Another issue for you, Angelus. Shrines are not working as they used to.

heal and repair skill are not effecting HP recovery values.

lvl 15 human barbarian, nearly dead both times, with and without a heal 10 item on, and not spinning at the shrine (yes, you still can) only recovered 85 hp both times.

This does not follow the standard equation for HP recovery.

3* (Healing Skill + Character Level) + 10

I should have recovered 55 hp and 85 respectively.

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post

lvl 15 human barbarian, nearly dead both times, with and without a heal 10 item on, and not spinning at the shrine (yes, you still can) only recovered 85 hp both times.

Missing Minds, I saw your sig and tested in game. My WF Wizard got the correct numbers from Repair at the Shrine, 10+3*Repair (no level added for WF repair). But, my Bard got a weird number: 69 HP healed. I was near death and did not heal to full HP. I had 13 Heal skill at the time of shrining. The only way I can think of calcluating 69 using the previous components of the equation is 3*(10+Heal).

So, 10+3*(level+Heal) became 3*(10+Heal)? I'll do a couple more trials today with varying WIS, Heal item, and buffs.

I don't suppose you were by a cleric both times...?

As for the traps, the DC and damage were supposed to be more.

As for everything else, I generally agree with the OP.
    Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night (Thelanis)
    Praut Ektor

* New high-level magic jewelry has far too little hardness.
    It isn't just jewelry but clothing items as well... +5 Protection Cloak 10 Durability and 2 Hardness (Pulled in Vale). I fianlly get one and it is like this... not happy.

I have also pulled Blindness Immunity +10 Spot Goggles with same 10/2 (In Reaver), and a half dozen others belts, etc. since the update.

Funny you mention that. All Orthons carry a repeating crossbow, yet there is no apparent recipe for a repeater.

However, this is based on limited information. Maybe the recipes for "good stuff" are intentionally harder to find, or require an additional, rarer ingredient... although the easy availability of the khopesh undermines that theory.
    Orthon in the fiendish codex II, pg 129 say they use hellfire crossbows.. There 2d6 +7, 19-20/ x2, fires special conjured hellfire bolts - hellfire dmg that ignores fire resistance. It also says that those only work in the hands of an orthon so we can't get those =/

But maybe his hellfire spear:
    2d6+9/x3 cold iron dmg

Would be really cool if we could craft those.

Already bug reported this, but if you don't talk to the guy who gives ingredient bags before you are raid ready (when I had talked to him on Risia he had nothing for me, and I didn't think to check again) then he switches to the post-flagging speach and you cannot get the small ingredient bag from him.
    Nothing worth doing is easy.
    Cidolfas Orlandu | Melete Themis | Merona Hikaru | Nausica of the Wind | Eshka from the Clouds
    The Harpers

Quote Originally Posted by Cidolfas View Post
    Already bug reported this, but if you don't talk to the guy who gives ingredient bags before you are raid ready (when I had talked to him on Risia he had nothing for me, and I didn't think to check again) then he switches to the post-flagging speach and you cannot get the small ingredient bag from him.
    That's an important catch. Good find, Cidolfas! When you get 40 favor, it's mostly clear from the mail who the favor rep for the Twelve is. But, if you run off and talk to Valairea first, "D'oh!"

Default Other Problems

There are now several areas on the Vale and Vale Quests where Little Folk fall into a hole and can not jump out, I usually see a lot of people laughing at them until they convince someone to get them a DD. Please give these folks a little of their dignity and fix these holes

Aerilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
    There are now several areas on the Vale and Vale Quests where Little Folk fall into a hole and can not jump out, I usually see a lot of people laughing at them until they convince someone to get them a DD. Please give these folks a little of their dignity and fix these holes
    When it happens, jump in the hole with them and submit a bug report. The bug report should automatically record the /loc (location). And only with the /loc can the hole be fixed.

I don't know if anyone else is having problems with this, but I think the Anonymous/Friends/Who connection is borked.

Last week I had finished questing for the night and went Anonymous with my cleric, yet I still received a couple tells for invites. This was well after I had gone Anon. I checked the Who list and sure enough, I was still on it. My guild name was anonymous though.

Last night, I clicked off Anonymous when I zoned in and I had two friends on who never saw the "Your friend XX has logged on" AND I wasn't showing up on their Friend's list.
    One friend had been on before me. The other logged on about an hour after me. The only reason they knew I was on was the tells I sent to them.
    aka ~The Jelly Bean Slinger

Then darkness would eat me. Cold would devour me.
    I would die naked beneath a blackthorn, keening for the missing moon.

The burst part of Pure Good seems to have been implemented incorrectly, from the screenshots of some weapons I saw, the Good Burst is the exact copy of Holy Burst, but with a different name. Holy always affected only Evil creatures, and Pure Good all non-Good creatures. So the burst part of Holy is in the same line, why the Burst of Pure Good would become a different effect, it should affect all non-Good creatures, and not only Evil creatures. Does an Icy Burst weapon affect only Ice vulnerable creatures, of course no.
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

Community Member

Default Chest loot and end rewards...

This may be misplaced, but I figure it might get looked at more here than another thread.

Many quests, not just those with the new mod, (more like all of them,) have a problem with loot. The same goes for end rewards. The problem I've seen is, doing say a level 4 quest, whether this is on normal, hard or elite, you wind up getting level 1-2 loot. Same thing with a level 12 quest and level 6-8 loot in chests and END REWARD!!!! What kind of **** is that? A level 12 quest with end rewards for level 6-8 is SEVERELY disappointing and annoying.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would look into adjusting the loot tables across the board, since this does not appear to be isolated in any way to any one quest or group of quests but all quests.

I am really getting sick of doing level 12+ quests and receiving end rewards that are barely usable by my level 9 cleric! (Same goes for the chest loot for the most part, with the very rare 12+ item.) If you guys intend for this to be the case, do everyone a favor and reduce the items in chests, then increase the coin and level of items available from them. Problem solved, no more trash left in chests to rot due to it being utterly useless, which in turn causes the server to have to allocate more memory to keep those stupid items active until the instance closes.

Okay, off the soapbox now... I still like this game, even with all the problems that are cropping up with the new mod and the general shortcomings. (It'd be nice to have Drow available from the start and be able to unlock things like Druid and Monk.)

Later all.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keedar View Post
    This may be misplaced, but I figure it might get looked at more here than another thread.

Many quests, not just those with the new mod, (more like all of them,) have a problem with loot. The same goes for end rewards. The problem I've seen is, doing say a level 4 quest, whether this is on normal, hard or elite, you wind up getting level 1-2 loot.
    Apparently you have confused "loot level" with "minimum loot level". Nothing you have described is a bug, or a flaw in any way. (Well, arguably the fact that elite quests don't increase reward quality is a mistake, but aside from that, it's all working correctly)

Didn't they say once that potions were not part of the normal loot table? Several times, lately, while working on my lowbie cleric, I've looted a chest to only find poiions and gold. Is this normal, or should the beitems in there as ell...
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

MM, I went and tested again. Tested by varying my L15 Bard with Heal value from 10 - 15. Got the appropriate 85-100 HP back each time. I don't know what happened before, but it was working properly again yesterday.

I'm guessing this is an issue with the latest Mod, but don't know. But I've noticed 2 bugs:

I've got a barb who gained lvl 13 about 2 weeks before the mod. I took a feat (can't remember it's name) that doubled his crit range with slashing weapons. So on the wep displays of all my slash weps, the crit ranged displayed correctly (19-20 on dwarf axes, etc). Then the new mod comes in, and the display is incorrect (just shows 20 for the dwarf axe). As soon as I noticed this, I went back through my combat logs and it seems that I still crit on a 19 or 20. So it seems that this is a cosmetic/display error only.

And when I cast Mass Shield of Faith with my cleric, it doesn't put a buff icon on the screen, and rarely shows any graphical effect of being cast. The only way to know if it actually took is to Examine yourself or another character. It shows as being in effect there. But again, no icon in the buff area, and thus no timer.

Again, I haven't been able to play Mod 6 a whole lot, and my connection at home has been down the last few days (thanks Comcast!) so I can't confirm these at this moment. They're just things I noticed when I have played since Mod 6 came out.

Coog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast