Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: +8 To DEX!!!

this type of weapon is going to require a while to get and is only available by doing the raid and getting all the right recipes. Turbine is not releasing any recipes so people will be spending time creating junk for the next while before stumbling upon anything good, and even then they will be lvl 16 by then
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by oronisi View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that completely bypassing level requirements and having what should be a min-level 30 item in the hands of a lvl 8 character is a bad idea?!

http://ddoimages.level3.turbine.com/...18/80/1326.jpg
    Could be mistaken but isn't there a lvl restriction on entering the area? So even if you did get a group of friends to take you ... you could not go so discussion of a lvl 8 getting an item like this is rather pointless.

Milolyen

Quote Originally Posted by Milolyen View Post
    Could be mistaken but isn't there a lvl restriction on entering the area? So even if you did get a group of friends to take you ... you could not go so discussion of a lvl 8 getting an item like this is rather pointless.
    The item is Bind on Equip.

Not Bind on Acquire.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post

Not Bind on Acquire.
    the question is can you improve it if it isn't bound, if you can then yes wayt oo powerful, if you can't then the best the level 8 could be given is a basic green steel weapon, and then you would have to drag him through all the quests and raid to improve it.

Looks like the shards of power bind as well so they wlil have to go through a lot to get that item powered up
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post

Not Bind on Acquire.
    True but from what I have seen to upgrade it at all you have to have the item bound and atuned to you. So you could send the basic weapon to a lvl 8 (as arko had said) but then he can only upgrade it with the device in house k which can only bind and do basic upgrades from what I have read. Correct?

Milolyen

Quote Originally Posted by Milolyen View Post
    True but from what I have seen to upgrade it at all you have to have the item bound and atuned to you. So you could send the basic weapon to a lvl 8 (as arko had said) but then he can only upgrade it with the device in house k which can only bind and do basic upgrades from what I have read. Correct?

Milolyen
    looking at the article the item is the thrd stage item meaning the item was upgraded at all 3 raid machines, I personally will not be dragging a lvl 8 through the raid for a while just so they can get an awesome weapon or item.
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

within your base of operations, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    looking at the article the item is the thrd stage item meaning the item was upgraded at all 3 raid machines, I personally will not be dragging a lvl 8 through the raid for a while just so they can get an awesome weapon or item.
    I think they'll probably be changing this at some point down the road. I don't see it happening except in rare few circumstances.
    ♣♣♣DON'T BAN ME, BRO!♣♣♣
    Sarlona

Not even for 4,000,000 PP!?!
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oronisi View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that completely bypassing level requirements and having what should be a min-level 30 item in the hands of a lvl 8 character is a bad idea?!
    Newsflasher, DDO has given superior items to level 10 characters starting in module 1. This item isn't out-of-balance with what we're already getting.

We got +6 items back at level 10, so it's fine to get +8 items at level 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Nub View Post
    Not even for 4,000,000 PP!?!
    in the time that it would take to drag soimeone through all the quests through the raid etc and get all the ingredients I could get that guy to lvl 13 and then take him. The honest truth is something like that is just overkill and is not required to get past lvl 8. If you need that item to be effective then you should simply reroll
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member

in the time that it would take to drag soimeone through all the quests through the raid etc and get all the ingredients I could get that guy to lvl 13 and then take him.
    It all depends on if that would be required. If a level 16 man can just do the raid and mail the item to his lower alt, then that IS a big problem. But hopefully there's some system in place where you can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    It all depends on if that would be required. If a level 16 man can just do the raid and mail the item to his lower alt, then that IS a big problem. But hopefully there's some system in place where you can't do that.
    I am going on the precept that the machines will only upgrade bound equipment as they have stated, so it only binds when you equip it, meaning the only thing you could send a lvl 8 is a blank green steel item
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Yes it would be the third stage from what I have seen as well ... and this now goes back to the first post I made and the fact that even if you wanted to drag a lvl 8 thru you couldn't because the quest and stuff is lvl restricted meaning you have to be such and such lvl to even get in. So again I say ... ahhh nevermind 90 percent of the arguements on the forum is just a pointless so go ahead and continue the arguement hehe.

Milolyen

Talk about a big mistake. Items like this should not even be feasible in the current game.

The green steel "blanks" are bind on equip. Upgrading an item will bind it to the character.

Baatezu are a subset of devils, as tanar'ri are a subset of demons. Fleshrenders, for instance, are demons that are not tanar'ri.

so can you upgrade an item without equiping and binding it first?
    The act of upgrading an item will bind it to you. You can pass around the un-upgraded green steel blanks, however, as the early waves of explorers would otherwise potentially end up with weapons they are not proficient with. (Khopeshes, for instance, or the barbarian stuck with a sceptre.)

Seriously, though, since the Eldritch Devices can be used to add enhancements to items other than weapons, then how long will it be before there are +8 dex gloves of open lock 15 or whatever floating around out there?
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The green steel "blanks" are bind on equip. Upgrading an item will bind it to the character.

Baatezu are a subset of devils, as tanar'ri are a subset of demons. Fleshrenders, for instance, are demons that are not tanar'ri.
    so basically no creating uber items and mailing then to your lvl 8 alt. If the lvl 8 alt wants it then they have to be dragged though the quests and the raid enough times to get enough components etc. And if you can do that chances are you can get that character up to lvl 12-13 quick enough that it is pointless. My other argument still stands. I f you think you char is weak enough that they need that uber item at lvl 8 then you should seriously consider a reroll
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The act of upgrading an item will bind it to you. You can pass around the un-upgraded green steel blanks, however, as the early waves of explorers would otherwise potentially end up with weapons they are not proficient with. (Khopeshes, for instance, or the barbarian stuck with a sceptre.)

makes sense as we experiment we will get weapons we do not want, but we could give them to another party member who uses that weapon type. Once all the weapon receipes are down it will just be a nice feature I guess
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by binnsr View Post
    Seriously, though, since the Eldritch Devices can be used to add enhancements to items other than weapons, then how long will it be before there are +8 dex gloves of open lock 15 or whatever floating around out there?
    Yep. Once these items start floating around, and the game balance problems begin arriving with them you can't balance them later without the "Nerf!" whining starting up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast