1. You have to click on the page to make the Flash object active. I think everyone knows this because it's the same on almost all Flash-based sites. But just in case... if you see the greyish rectangle around the page, then you have to click it before you get to click on stuff IN the page. Kid's stuff, but bears mentioning.
2. The "riddles" or "clues" are the things on the Answer Page. When you open the site, you do not see the Answer Page. The last two sentences immediately above Clank and Lessah's heads on the website say "Nothing is off limits so pay close attention to every detail. To prove this point, you have to figure out how to get to the Answer Page on your own."
3. The "hints" are going to be text that we type into this thread twice daily to help people along at solving the riddles. Why so infrequently? Because the people who really want to work through the treasure hunt can do so without ANY hints at all. They should be rewarded for their cleverness and should not have to wait on the hints to finish.
People HAVE found the Answer Page already. We have gotten tells from folks telling us they are stuck on riddle #2 already. Our beta testers found it in 20-90 seconds. It is the easiest thing about the treasure hunt. Clank and Lessah are reasonably clever people and know that the general DDo populace are as well. If it were too easy, it wouldn't be "A Mother". In any event, we will pretty much tell you how to get to the Answer Page tomorrow morning.
We're (DH and I) are 98% sure we know the first riddle answer - but we're obviously not typing it JUST right.
Talk about being "lawfully idiotic"
This is fun! Thanks for the clarifications!
I'm still an idiot in regards to number two unfortunately.
Number four is killing me - anyone there yet? AAARRGH!
I'm messing with the second one now! But hubby is actually playing the game and too busy to help me (I'm new to the game).
Last edited by fefnir3284; 02-09-2008 at 08:04 PM.
wow Im still on number two.
congrats on number 4
Lessah got a tell this evening from Kashka_Coolwater informing us that nothing was clickable on the website. Of course we didn't believe her because we are infallible. But guess what? We falled. We worked through the problem and she was kind enough not to say "I told you so." So here's the problem:
PROBLEM: Firefox did not recognize the original versions of the website properly. Clickable stuff did not register properly as clickable. Specifically, the House symbols at the top of the Home Page. (D'oh!)
SOLUTION: We upgraded the Flash Player version to 7.0 and the Actionscript version to 2.0 for the SWF file. Booooring. This fixed the problem.
WHAT DO YOU DO?: Well, there are two scenarios:
Sorry for the oversight and the tears of frustration. Wow. I'm glad I don't do this for a living. I now have tons more respect for the Devs and will never speak their name in vain.
- A: If you are loading the page any time after reading this, Firefox should treat it fine and work properly.
- B: If you loaded it previously and couldn't click them, you may have to go into the Firefox options and clear your temporary files. This erases the information your browser currently "remembers" on your local hard drive and forces it to load the corrected files again from our site.
Dammit! You mean I'm winning only because I was the only guy who's internet browser actually worked? I knew it was too good to be true!
Ugh! Still on three - hubby got frustrated and went to bed. Hubby left me his toon to play with since I'm only a level two and would have to pay to get past the harbor.
number 4 with two of my friends, and phaeron is doing most of the work >.<
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload