Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bredger View Post
    It took me about half an hour to downlaod (while downloading 2 movies on my Download manager) then when i went to install, about 5 seconds... What?! Thats it? Are you sure? Apparently because i opened the installer AGAIN just to check to make sure it was the right program. Damn I dont know who came up with this idea but you need to give him a vorpal weapon, then a medal AND then a vorpal medal (I wouldn't wear it though)
    They said it wouldn't apply the patch till after the download tomorrow. So it hasn't fully installed yet.

Heya - just wanted to say that this was a painless and easy download, and I'm glad you guys are offering it. It's great.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Marcsin View Post
    Thank you for doing this. Awesome job.

Download time for me @ 550 k/sec: approx 5 mins
    Patch time 30 sec - 1 min...

I dunno how ya downloaded in 20 sec... on a T1 line direct to the main server???
    If he downloaded at work he's probably got at least a 54mb/sec wireless or 100mb/sec wired ethernet.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Default Mod 6 Download

Very well done Turbine thx..Nuff Said!!
    Dirtyone/Fighter/Pali/Monk Completionist Apache/Favored Soul TR VIIApachekid/Ranger/Fighter 32PtCap.Truegod/FavoredSoul/Wiz/Monk TR VIII Powwow/FighterTRVIII Indio/Pali 32Pt Cap. Tuko/Barb 32Pt Cap. Redhook/Bard/LR 32Pt Cap. Guiseppi/Ranger 32Pt Cap. Shortyrock/Rogue/Rangers/Barb 32Pt Cap. DirtyHo/Monk TR VI Dirtyblade/Pali TR V
    VIP/2006 Brooklyn N.Y.

Thumbs up

Very nice although I am at work and cant take advantage of it right now.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Awesome!

Default Thanks to Q and Team

I don't know if this will be available for previous modules, but I certainly hope so. While I'm sure I may be in the minority of people, I live in the back-end of Nowhere, USA, and even though my connection is technically DSL, it's certainly not on the fast end of it. Previous updates of modules have taken me anywhere from 4 to 14 hours, depending on server load, and content size. My connection is only 512kbs, that's 50K a sec at max throughput, and it takes forever to update my computer.

I can, on my tiny DSL line, download this in about an hour to an hour and a half, thus saving me hours of spending quality time with my family. I can now, instead, zerg, complain, and tell rotten jokes to all my cronies within a reasonable time after the servers come online. Thanks again to the team, and know that I at least, certainly appreciate the extra time I can spend in a world where I can blow things up with relative impunity.

/celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    I asked for it in my head.
    Yeah, but there is so many other things going in there, the ukelalee band, the dancing hippos, no one heard it, all alone in the corner.

well unfortunatly I had to wipe my computer yesterday.

So this morning I reinstalled DDO and now I have this installed....

When the servers come up, all I have to do is patch in Mods 4 and 5 (hopefully).....
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Doesnt apear to work for me, i click the link, the download is instant and 159 kb. Then i go to run the program and an error pops up. Dont know if its only me having this problem, guess ill wait till later to download.

edit: looks like iv worked out how to get around it, maybe this will help somone else - All i did was right click then go to properties, copied the link and pasted it into my address bar. Hit enter and downloading no worries.
    Last edited by Ihsan; 01-30-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan View Post
    Doesnt apear to work for me, i click the link, the download is instant and 159 kb. Then i go to run the program and an error pops up. Dont know if its only me having this problem, guess ill wait till later to download.

edit: looks like iv worked out how to get around it, maybe this will help somone else - All i did was right click then go to properties, copied the link and pasted it into my address bar. Hit enter and downloading no worries.
    Yikes. Good work there. /tips hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreaper View Post
    If a warforged eats tinsel and he's scooting on his butt in the dungeon, does he make sparks?

Default As a Beta tester and long time player

I have to say this is one of the top 5 greatest ideas Q and team Turbine has come up with.

Great work and many thanks Turbine.

Make sure you get a cupcake from Cupcake as you head back to your cubicle guys & gals
    3 Parts Potassium Nitrate, 1/2 part Charcoal and 1/2 part Sulfur add external heat source and PHOOSH!!!!!
    Aegean-Clr, Balar-Ftr,Cyclonik-Wiz, Davir-Rog, Soroden-Sorc, Towong-Mnk, Waring-Rng

I just have to add my Thanks. This was an awesome addition to patch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan View Post

I am getting this error when I click run: "The set up files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."
    I tried what you suggested and the same thing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

It worked fine on our desktop, but is not working on my laptop.

Thanks!

Great idea, thanks Turbine
    LeTemplar L 11.5 Retired gimpy Pally and mule
    Ergrim L 14 Dwarf Fighter Current main
    Wynnterrhawk L 14 Halfling Pally 12 Ftr 2
    Pugugly L7 Cleric

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123