Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Community Member Music_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    666

    Default The Return of Battle of the Bards

    Hello friends, it's that time again... February 23, 2008 marks the coming of the 4th Battle of the Bards event.

    I will have more details and updated information soon. There will be changes made to the event detailed in the sticky post, but nothing that affects how you bards perform so go ahead and familiariaze yourselves with that info.

    I'll keep you updated
    ~Musicman.

  2. #2
    Founder ace_mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    At your moms
    Posts
    1,519

    Default Musicman

    Yeah i actually have a bard now. IM in
    Leader of PESTILENCE!!Loot whoring is our business and business is GOOD! Revrend Band.
    "I would never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

  3. #3
    Community Member Seylene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In a galaxy, far, far away
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Me too!
    Arwene (Sorcerer 16) - Mystik (Fighter 16) - Spirithaste (Bard 16) - Zullah (Cleric 15)
    Retired: Meekae (Rogue 15), Seylene (Paladin 14)

  4. #4
    Community Member Uamhas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    hrm, well I have a bard. You may point and laugh now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    ~ Oloth's Tale ~ xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx


  5. #5
    Community Member Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Paprika Dash may have left by then to spread her fame and fortune to other servers. Her protege, Peppermint Twist will have to defend the title for her.

    The old thread got lost in the great thread purge, but for inspiration here is Paprika's song from BotB3:

    (sung to the Eagles Hotel California)

    Wavecrest Inn and Tavern

    In a dark crowded tavern, salt spray in my hair.
    Smoked smell of a cured ham rising up in the air.
    Behind the bar stood Sigmund, a chalice over his head.
    He had a job, he needed Sully's grog. I needed some bread.
    I climbed down to the cellar. A cask within my reach.
    And then a secret door slid back revealing caverns and kobolds beneath.
    So I killed that first kobold as he was snoring away.
    I stole an artifact from his chests.
    I heard the DM say:

    Welcome to the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    Such a lively place (Such a lively place)
    Found a lovely mace.
    Plenty of noobs at the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    Any time of day, casters and melees.

    Aida the Tavern Wench, she lost her grandmother's beads
    She got a lot of dwarves and pretty elves givin' kobolds nosebleeds.
    I showed Sigmund my relic. Unholy reek.
    He wanted to learn more
    about that twisted antique.

    So I called to the Brother, "Please tell me my find."
    He said, "We haven't had such evil here since our tasty ham was confined."
    Seek out the source of this evil without delay.
    The DM's voice echoes all around
    And I hear him say:

    Welcome to the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    Such a lively place (Such a lively place)
    Found a lovely mace.
    Just parties of one at the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    What a nice surprise. I must solo these guys?

    Deep pit in the cavern,
    Aida's necklace, rejoice!
    A voice said, "You will be a prisoner here by your own foolish choice."
    At the unholy altar, I brushed it with my sleeve.
    The caverns shook and came crashing down but I still had time to flee.

    Last thing I remember, I was knocked down to the floor.
    Jacoby jabbed his sacrificial knife and I died same as before.
    "You're back?" said the madman.
    "We are programmed on easy."
    Then he laughed at my low dex and strength.
    I am super squishy!
    . . . The Band of the Shifting Sands . . .
    Thelanis

  6. #6
    Community Member Seylene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In a galaxy, far, far away
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Now I'm intimidated... maybe I should withdraw...
    Arwene (Sorcerer 16) - Mystik (Fighter 16) - Spirithaste (Bard 16) - Zullah (Cleric 15)
    Retired: Meekae (Rogue 15), Seylene (Paladin 14)

  7. #7
    Artificer Jaggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Under a giant beholder cookie
    Posts
    296

    Default

    *Dives, head first, into this thread* Can I sing again? Pwease? *waves a tasty ham infront of Music man* *gets mauled by the Tasty Ham Hunter* Owww...ieee...

    Yeah, I'd love to try my hand at this again. Must beat the fleshies this time.
    cookie? The end of the Pillsbury Doughboy
    "Bring back Tasty Yam. Bring back Tasty Yam" "It's ham Jag..." "Really?"

  8. #8

    Default never

    Jaggie!
    You will never beat me... I MORAH... bard extraordinare... will cream you into dust with my awesome song!!!
    Muhahahahahahaha!!!!

    Oh.. I am entering this contest BTW!!!

  9. #9
    Community Member Ringos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,321

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Uamhas View Post
    hrm, well I have a bard. You may point and laugh now.
    But do we get to hear you sing??
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

    "You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

  10. #10

    Default

    Your suffering will be legendary!

    So sayeth Gabriazar, the Eternal Bard of Shaveroth's press agent.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

  11. #11
    Community Member Ringos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,321

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Paprika Dash may have left by then to spread her fame and fortune to other servers. Her protege, Peppermint Twist will have to defend the title for her.

    The old thread got lost in the great thread purge, but for inspiration here is Paprika's song from BotB3:

    (sung to the Eagles Hotel California)

    Wavecrest Inn and Tavern

    In a dark crowded tavern, salt spray in my hair.
    Smoked smell of a cured ham rising up in the air.
    Behind the bar stood Sigmund, a chalice over his head.
    He had a job, he needed Sully's grog. I needed some bread.
    I climbed down to the cellar. A cask within my reach.
    And then a secret door slid back revealing caverns and kobolds beneath.
    So I killed that first kobold as he was snoring away.
    I stole an artifact from his chests.
    I heard the DM say:

    Welcome to the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    Such a lively place (Such a lively place)
    Found a lovely mace.
    Plenty of noobs at the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    Any time of day, casters and melees.

    Aida the Tavern Wench, she lost her grandmother's beads
    She got a lot of dwarves and pretty elves givin' kobolds nosebleeds.
    I showed Sigmund my relic. Unholy reek.
    He wanted to learn more
    about that twisted antique.

    So I called to the Brother, "Please tell me my find."
    He said, "We haven't had such evil here since our tasty ham was confined."
    Seek out the source of this evil without delay.
    The DM's voice echoes all around
    And I hear him say:

    Welcome to the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    Such a lively place (Such a lively place)
    Found a lovely mace.
    Just parties of one at the Wavecrest Inn and Tavern
    What a nice surprise. I must solo these guys?

    Deep pit in the cavern,
    Aida's necklace, rejoice!
    A voice said, "You will be a prisoner here by your own foolish choice."
    At the unholy altar, I brushed it with my sleeve.
    The caverns shook and came crashing down but I still had time to flee.

    Last thing I remember, I was knocked down to the floor.
    Jacoby jabbed his sacrificial knife and I died same as before.
    "You're back?" said the madman.
    "We are programmed on easy."
    Then he laughed at my low dex and strength.
    I am super squishy!


    Brav

    O

    That was great! Too bad JohnDenver isn't a Bard!
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

    "You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

  12. #12
    Community Member Uamhas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringos View Post
    But do we get to hear you sing??
    You would have to ask the people that have heard me sing if it's something you'd actually want to have inflicted upon your ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    ~ Oloth's Tale ~ xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx


  13. #13
    Community Member Ringos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,321

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Uamhas View Post
    You would have to ask the people that have heard me sing if it's something you'd actually want to have inflicted upon your ears.
    Yep! I'll try about anything once.
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

    "You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

  14. #14
    Community Member Music_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    666

    Default

    I have begun updating the main sticky thread with additonal information and tips -- You should go check it out!

    Currently I have revised some things & added a section on performance tips.
    Another post that links an example of how to create aliasing for your song will be added very soon!

  15. #15
    Founder Lizzybrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uamhas View Post
    You would have to ask the people that have heard me sing if it's something you'd actually want to have inflicted upon your ears.
    Hey, I'd let Uma read the phone book to me - have you heard her voice??
    Proud to be part of the CureLite Bottling Co. - Thelanis
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands
    ~ Moiyra ~ Jezzy ~ Bonni ~ Nighya ~
    "You make gimp look good!" -Akree

  16. #16
    Community Member Ringos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzybrat View Post
    Hey, I'd let Uma read the phone book to me - have you heard her voice??
    Why yes, I have. Funny, but she was on one of her alts that I didn't know. I joined a PUG for favor and she was running it. She didn't let me know it was her until after the quest was over. She sent me a Tell after I was out of the group letting me know who she was. Quite funny!
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

    "You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

  17. #17
    Community Member Music_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringos View Post
    Brav

    O

    That was great! Too bad JohnDenver isn't a Bard!
    Since last competition you do not need to be a bard, so long as you form a duo (or band) and have a bard with you!

  18. #18
    Community Member Ringos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,321

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Since last competition you do not need to be a bard, so long as you form a duo (or band) and have a bard with you!
    Ladies? Who will it be???
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

    "You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

  19. #19
    Community Member Music_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringos View Post
    Ladies? Who will it be???
    I should also state, that any bard who is in a duo may also compete as a solo performance (with different material of couse )

  20. #20
    Community Member Ringos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,321

    Smile

    I already have a great duet song in mind...

    Leather and Mace
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

    "You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload