Community Member

Default i need some help...

As the title says, i need some help...
    I will post in the service section also but just wanted to know if any of you have a similar situation.
    OK, a friend of mine wants to play ddo but he lives in the Netherlands. They have a european version that you can buy but that means he cannot use the Sarlona server (they have a different set of servers)
    So, I am thinking if he buys the online version he can setup remotely and use the North American servers. HE already bought the game in the store for cheap, and I think the game is restricted to Europe.

Has anyone come across this, or any European players on the Sarlona servers?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    MidasMarsayasScofieldJaasperAmtrack - Officer Eternal Wrath

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaasper View Post
    As the title says, i need some help...
    I will post in the service section also but just wanted to know if any of you have a similar situation.
    OK, a friend of mine wants to play ddo but he lives in the Netherlands. They have a european version that you can buy but that means he cannot use the Sarlona server (they have a different set of servers)
    So, I am thinking if he buys the online version he can setup remotely and use the North American servers. HE already bought the game in the store for cheap, and I think the game is restricted to Europe.

Has anyone come across this, or any European players on the Sarlona servers?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    I recommend that he return his purchase and download the game from the DDO website. His version probably is linked to the Euro servers.

Also, you'll spend less time updating and patching the game if you download it from Turbine. Might not make much sense, but the download is organized in packets and already updated, whereas installing from a disc and then updating and patching will take more time than the download.

I think a download is like 15 or 20 bucks. Maybe less? Not sure....