Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dog House

Thank you CoDog. I will reserve any Paladin questions until a later date.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Default That answers my question..

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGazebo View Post
    Since I don't want codog to get all the fans, I'll be reading this thread too and stealing some of the questions. Bwahahaha!

Exploding ammo: that's in the to-do list; it's not very difficult, but hasn't been a very high priority. So, there's a decent chance you'll see them in the not-too-distant future. Kobold throwers shouldn't have all the fun with grenades...

New weapon styles: Animations are relatively expensive. Scythes, double-ended weapons (which I've seen requested in a number of other threads), polearms, and so on all require that someone animate a five-attack standing combat sequence, an idle sequence, a couple of special attack swings for cleave/whirlwind, and a two-attack moving sequence for each race. That much animation effort could instead get you all the animations for several new monsters.... Thrown spears, slings, or other missile attacks are easier, since you don't need the five-attack sequence, but still not cheap.

Given the finite art budget, we've been making the choice in the past to bring new monsters rather than new weapons... We may get you a new weapon style in the future, but it's likely to be a while.
    ...concerning dual-wielding throwing weapons for my rogue..Thank you.

Community Member

This is in another thread atm but it always seems to happen to me also. The ol held or paralyzed mobs sliding around sometimes being able to still attack or cast spells well into the supposedly inactive state.

Seems to be able to happen just about anywhere on any different mob who are affected by these types of status modifiers. Its a long time problem in my experience though I remember there was some dev talk about it a while back. Was there no solution found to it or has the real problem never been identified? Very curious since this can really affect every character in the game.

EIDT Like the idea of getting the answers to the difficult questions even if they arent the ones we want to hear. Great thread idea.
    Last edited by llevenbaxx; 12-13-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Since I don't want codog to get all the fans, I'll be reading this thread too and stealing some of the questions. Bwahahaha!

Exploding ammo: that's in the to-do list; it's not very difficult, but hasn't been a very high priority. So, there's a decent chance you'll see them in the not-too-distant future. Kobold throwers shouldn't have all the fun with grenades...

New weapon styles: Animations are relatively expensive. Scythes, double-ended weapons (which I've seen requested in a number of other threads), polearms, and so on all require that someone animate a five-attack standing combat sequence, an idle sequence, a couple of special attack swings for cleave/whirlwind, and a two-attack moving sequence for each race. That much animation effort could instead get you all the animations for several new monsters.... Thrown spears, slings, or other missile attacks are easier, since you don't need the five-attack sequence, but still not cheap.

Given the finite art budget, we've been making the choice in the past to bring new monsters rather than new weapons... We may get you a new weapon style in the future, but it's likely to be a while.

What about Double Hammers?

~Kire

Community Member

One question: Funnel-able potions like lesser restoration and barbarian or madstone rage (you can't drink a lesser restore while raged, it breaks stances, etc). Any hope for a change to this?
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Well since you started a new thread I feel like I can re-ask that question:

Does the THF line of feats have any impact on fighting with quarterstaves, and if yes, which one exactly? (DeadlyGazebo said a long time ago it had no impact, but at least two people have found it added glancing blows on the 4th attack with GTHF).
    As currently implemented for staff combat:

GTHF adds a glancing attack to attack 4
    STHF adds a glancing attack to attack 5 (raising it from 1 to 2 glances)

If you have spring attack, GTHF adds a glancing attack to mobile attack 2.

Cheers,

Codog

Kargon are wondering when the followaming enhancemanent going be implementamed propermaly:

Spell FaceBlock
    Requiremaments: Barbarian 12, 250 HP, Barbarian Improved DR II, Toughness
    Cost: 8 AP
    Descriptimion: Any damaging spell which allow a reflex save for half damanage have a 50% chance of being blocked by you face whenever you succesfumully make the reflex save. A FaceBlocked spell deal no damanage to you, and have a 5% chance of be reflectamed back at the spell castermer.

Kargon know this enhancemament will be widelamally acceptamed as the best enhancemament evermer.

Hah Stickied. Beautiful.

~Kire

Community Member Cedrica-the-Bard's Avatar

Not sure if this belongs here but here goes:

Could you make shield blocking/bashing work when a wand is in my hand??? That would be sweet and I'm not sure why it doesn't work, maybe there is a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    One question: Funnel-able potions like lesser restoration and barbarian or madstone rage (you can't drink a lesser restore while raged, it breaks stances, etc). Any hope for a change to this?
    This is a bug in my queue and I hope to fix it in the future. It turns out that potion drinking actions have a "self only" designation coded into the action. Drinking a potion was one of the earliest actions coded in the game and needs a bit of rework. The "funnel-able" potions was a clever workaround our treasure designer attempted to overcome this problem without us having to rewrite the potion drinking action. Turns out that he used a similar pathway to wands and scrolls and rage prohibits these types of actions. It is on my radar. However, a lot of other fixes have taken priority over this one.

Regards,

Codog

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Hm should be pretty easy. Im not a coder and i don't know how they are coding it but prolly something like this.

Code:
    if
       usr.Drink == Restoration
       usr.Rage == 1
            usr.stat == 0

thats probably wrong (the usr.stat one mostly) but its the general idea.

~Kire

I'm not too familiar with the current quarterstaff animations, but shouldn't most double weapons be able to use those?

And shouldn't most polearms be able to use the Great Axe animations?

I know they wouldn't be perfect but given that we already use the same animations for rapiers and longsword (which would be used in two completely different ways in "real life") I think most people could settle for animations that were "slightly off."
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargon View Post
    Kargon are wondering when the followaming enhancemanent going be implementamed propermaly:

Spell FaceBlock
    Requiremaments: Barbarian 12, 250 HP, Barbarian Improved DR II, Toughness
    Cost: 8 AP
    Descriptimion: Any damaging spell which allow a reflex save for half damanage have a 50% chance of being blocked by you face whenever you succesfumully make the reflex save. A FaceBlocked spell deal no damanage to you, and have a 5% chance of be reflectamed back at the spell castermer.

Kargon know this enhancemament will be widelamally acceptamed as the best enhancemament evermer.
    I want a Kargon action figure to have at my desk for inpirmaration. It has a pull string and says things like:

"MMMM... Ham...."
    "That were the most delicimous ham evermer!"
    "Smoke Cured Ham... bah hummamabug."
    "Nevermer fear, Kargon are block it with my face!"

I hope Santamaclaus will bring it for me.

--Codog

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post

Awesome, thanks a lot!
    I guess back when DG said THF had no effect, maybe we didn't even have GTHF, so it was true for THF and ITHF. That would make a lot of sense

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Can't double weapons just use the quarterstaff animation (a la Shining Crescents)?

D'oh! MT beat me to it.
    Last edited by Mad_Bombardier; 12-13-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Community Member

Not sure if this is something for ya Codog but there has been a lot of talk about the way trip (or knockdown, or whatever) is handled with some monsters (Specifically air elementals) is this something you think needs to be changed or is the dev team happy with the way we fall on our faces?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I hate to bug you again on this topic but I actually have to ask an extra question. Is it correct to assume this means that THF does NOT give a to-hit bonus to glancing blows with quarterstaves, and ITHF does NOT increase glancing blows damage with quarterstaves?

cool thread, thanks for this guys!

not a big deal, but would it be possible to have the attack button activate a wand if you are holding a wand? instead of having to click on the wand on your taskbar?

would make the wand whipping more intuitive i think.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |.....ALE TRUCK......| ||'|";, ___.
    |_...._....._____===|=||_|__|..., ]
    "(@)'(@)"***|(@)(@)**''(@)
    _________________Thanks to Hunglo for the Ale Truck

Community Member

Question Hi Codog

I started a thread a few days ago about a few fixable newbie woes. There has been (nearly) universal agreement, and I was hoping that either yourself or another dev would very briefly comment: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=129224

Thanks!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

This is a bug in my queue and I hope to fix it in the future. It turns out that potion drinking actions have a "self only" designation coded into the action. Drinking a potion was one of the earliest actions coded in the game and needs a bit of rework. The "funnel-able" potions was a clever workaround our treasure designer attempted to overcome this problem without us having to rewrite the potion drinking action. Turns out that he used a similar pathway to wands and scrolls and rage prohibits these types of actions. It is on my radar. However, a lot of other fixes have taken priority over this one.

Regards,

Codog
    Glad to hear its on your radar, but we've been living with this VERY annoying bug for 6 months now. Its time for it to make it closer to the top of the list...

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast