Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1504

Thread: The Dog House

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pumbilly View Post
    The work on a full psionic power system that would be needed for the kalashtar would be much more work than what needs to be done for druids
    That's why the Arcane Kalashtar rules are there.

Community Member

was there ever any confirmation/resolution on this one? it definitely affects my heavy repeater build on his holy/lightning burst/lightning blast/lightning strike heavy repeater.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavnimo View Post
    combat related bug. ive reported it in game, just wanted to make sure it's a known bug if if it was just me.

shocking blast isn't working on bows. i created a holy, shocking burst, shocking blast, lightning strike bow. i dont have imp crit: ranged so i only crit on 20's. everytime i do roll a 20 i see this with no blast effect going off

im just hoping it gets fixed soon i want to see more damage pls.

it works fine on my melee weapon with acid blast. the weapon itself is keen so crits on 17-20.

im not sure if its the fact that it only crit on 20's thats stoppoing the blast from working or not.

Last I was aware, when shield blocking, the incoming damage was supposed to be reduced by your blocking DR and then any DR your character has.

For example, my 14 fighter warforged has DR 8/adamatine and 24/- blocking. This should mean that, while blocking, any incoming damage is reduced by a total of 32 unless it's adamantine. Is that right? It didn't appear to be the case when I was testing it in the shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Technically if they wanted it to work like pen and paper, all styles would have the same animation time. But thats not how the game works, and not something they can change without an incredible amount of time, so it wouldnt be worth it.
    Just because it would take time doesnt mean it wouldnt be worth it.
    If the combat system were more reliable, balancing out challenge would be an actual possibility and that would help tremendously in quest design.
    Not to mention all other improvements this could bring about to the game.

Default Dead Bread

I didn't see any posts about this (if I missed it sorry for the multipost), but what about Dead Drops? I should be able to get something more than the simple token from killing a horde of goblins. A little cash or weapons would be nice once in a while. After all, somewhere they keep a chest with the same stuff, must be carrying it there somehow.

Will there be any chance to increase the turn the page duration to double for those who are not sorcs. The new changes to other abbot item clickies are very good, litany is only 6 seconds, it does not have to be as long as other clickies to avoid being more powerful, but a 12 sec duration would make it better for those of slow casting time and lag issues.

Default Rare encounters in Reaver's Refuge explorer areas Post MOD 9 /DDO:U Launch

My Static group went into Reaver's Regufe Tuesday night 9/15, and we ran both the Solami Gardens and mount Reyslon (sp?) several times each (we did it enoug h to think we would have had at least 1 spawn in each area) and had did not see any rare encounters. Were we just incredibly unlucky, or did they some how get broken with the new update?

Also while we were in the Gardens the first time, a chest appeared out of nowhere near the large tree to the North East of the entrance. We did not kill or defeat anything other than the ordinary trash mobs that populate the gardens. Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner-Davion View Post
    Also while we were in the Gardens the first time, a chest appeared out of nowhere near the large tree to the North East of the entrance. We did not kill or defeat anything other than the ordinary trash mobs that populate the gardens. Bug?
    No, if no rare spawns occur in soami, if you take down I believe three of those graves that spawn a quell, the chest will always appear by the tree.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Default Companions/Pets

This may be addressed elsewhere, I couldn't find much via search, and this looked like a good thread to talk to an actual Turbine employee. (Greetings, Codog! )

I've got a few concerns regarding the Iron Companion line, specifically regarding the grease breath weapon. Since we don't currently have familiars for wizards, I chose the Iron Companion, more for flavor than anything else. At low level this is a great option though, especially for solo play, which is almost exclusivley what I prefer. However, about midway through second level I am finding him to be more of a nuisance thanks to his breath weapon. One person pointed out that breath weapons work that way since they are area of effect. If that were actually the case, why doesn't my Burning Hands affect the companion? Burning Hands didn't appear to be affecting my henchman either, though I've only used a hench the one time so far. Still, I find myself falling to the grease far too often. Ideally I wanted a combat familiar sort of option, which I use a lot in PnP, but mobs seem to ignore my Companion and charge me, and then of course Dyno-Mutt breathes and I'm down, getting punked by ranged attackers and spiders, etc.
    Also, isn't Iron Companion a feat? Yet I can't cast Summon Monster while I have Iron Companion summoned. Since the latter is a spell, I don't see why I can't have both at the same time.
    Finally, can we have a control bar added for the pets? We have one for Henchman, and it seemed to be just about ideal for what would be useful for pet control as well. It would be very useful being able to send my Companion forward to begin attacking and drawing and holding aggro while I stay back and attack from a distance, which is optimally what most wizards are going to do.

Hi, first of all i want to thank for the thread.

I have a bug, but sorry if this has been revealed before, in some instances Dol Dorn's Champion does not work. I cannot get my longsword profficency. And i find my self surrounded with zombies with a blunt weapon

(This is not the place i know but it would be good if we were able to search inside of the threads. I would be sure if this bug was revealed before).

Community Member Show_me_the_Platinum's Avatar

Ok what's the going bribe to get grazing hits removed from the game?
    The only time you actually have to roll a dice is when you know the DM is looking
    HP
    Kobolds
    Cluebat <- Mr. Gimpies please look at this one

Quote Originally Posted by Show_me_the_Platinum
    Ok what's the going bribe to get grazing hits removed from the game?
    A 5-year contract to being part of Quality Assurance for Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    A 5-year contract to being part of Quality Assurance for Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sign me up. Can't be any worse then my current industry.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

I'm a numbers guy, and maybe that makes me a bit of a nerd, but I don't think I'm alone.

The current Two-Handed Fighting (THF) feat descriptions are, for lack of a looser profanity filter, poor at best.

These are the current descriptions:

Why not lift the veil of ambiguity and change these to something those-who-roll-dice might like? Here is an example:

• Two Handed Fighting
      http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Two_Handed_Fighting
      Increases the attack bonus and damage of glancing blow attacks by +1 when wielding a two-handed weapon. Also increases your base 3% chance for weapon effects to trigger on glancing blows by 3%.
    • Improved Two Handed Fighting
      http://compendium.ddo.com/index.php/...anded_Fighting
      Increases the attack bonus and damage of glancing blow attacks when wielding a two-handed weapon by an additional +1. Also increases the chance for weapon effects to trigger on glancing blows by an additional 3%.
    • Greater Two Handed Fighting
      http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:...anded_Fighting
      Allows your attack chain to include glancing blow attacks while moving. Also increases the chance for weapon effects to trigger on glancing blows by an additional 3%.

On a side note, I'm fairly sure of the 3% proc-on-glancing-blow numbers. I have no idea if the glancing blow attack and damage bonuses are correct or not.

Further, this is just one example of poor descriptions in the game. I'm sure there would be hundreds of posts if you started a new thread asking the community what DDO descriptions need clarification.
    The next mod featuring Druids and Thri-Kreen...
    Dungeons and Dragons Online: Deep Woods OFF

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    *gets on knees & begs*

Could you take another look at making the ranged attack queue more interruptible?

I'm referring to when you done a few "anticipatory" clicks with your ranged weapon and your character stands there calmly firing its bow as it is getting beat on, all the while you mash the hotkey for your melee weapons.

Thanks - Sleepless in Thelanis
    OMG yes- this is the post I was hoping to find so that i could bump it up. make it knees and begs X2.

could we just not have a queue?

this is also a problem when I am trying to help my party out w/ a little crowd control via paralysing bow: I would like to be able to fire shot, target new mob, fire shot, target new mob, fire shot etc.
    doesnt work very well at present because of this queue problem.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffus View Post
    OMG yes- this is the post I was hoping to find so that i could bump it up. make it knees and begs X2.

could we just not have a queue?

this is also a problem when I am trying to help my party out w/ a little crowd control via paralysing bow: I would like to be able to fire shot, target new mob, fire shot, target new mob, fire shot etc.
    doesnt work very well at present because of this queue problem.
    Unfortunately, Codog has been gone since September - according to his forum profile. It would probably help to post this is the Suggestions forum, as I doubt the other devs visit this thread now.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Default Monk finishing moves

Hi everyone. I'm probably not the first to bring this up, but I'm just hoping to bring some attention to this issue, because I'd really like to see some improvements in this area, and I think it is needed.

The monk finishing moves are great, but I almost never get to use them, and end up wasting a lot of ki. I understand that if you break the combo chain by doing a different combat move, you should lose the finisher. For instance if you're going for the fire-fire-fire finisher, but on the third one you throw out an air or light move instead, then yes you should lose the finisher.

What irks me is, you don't lose it because of using a move like trip or sunder, or changing stances, which is nice; however, if you so much as pick up a collectible, drink a potion, change weapons, loot a chest, pull a lever, flip a switch, climb a ladder, jump and grab and edge to climb up onto a surface, or do just about anything you have to start over. I know I'm not the first to post about this, but seriously, this needs to be fixed.

A lot of times the fight is over by the time I get my finishing move charged up, and everyone's looting the chest, then moving on. Well now I either loot the chest and waste all the ki I just used, or I follow everyone and keep fighting till I can use it, then have to run back and pick up all the loot I missed and then hurry to catch up with the group, which inevitably means I either fall behind and/or wind up being pretty useless.

No other class has to skip over things like this. Every other class can stop and loot or change weapons, drink a potion, flip a switch, then keep doing what they're doing, and I really don't think monks deserve to be handicapped like this. We need to be on equal footing with the other classes.

It throws off the rhythm of the entire group and results in the party being split up, or the monk has to just run along to keep up and waste a lot of ki and really only ends up using finishing moves once or twice so they end up just being an unarmored fist fighter that can only bash things and dies a lot against enemies that deal high amounts of damage.

And now a word about how awesome the monk class is:

I started out as a favored soul, but pretty much abandoned that character after discovering the monk class ^_^ I can't stop playing them. They have sooo many tricks up their sleeves, especially an elven monk with the Dragonmark of Shadow. Being able to throw out that sp discount buff at the start of a dungeon when the clerics and casters are using up a lot of sp to buff everyone is great, not to mention the wind concealment finisher, and the group heal light finisher. If it looks like we're going to wipe I can pop shadow walk, nab everyone's soul stones and run back to a res shrine too. Plus they just plain kick butt. On anything but elite difficulty they're practically immune to traps, and things other party members would have trouble with like oozes and rust monsters, you can just wade in and destroy (and usually get a nice health and ki boost). Not to mention the disease, sleep and poison immunity. Their restorative moves (in the enhancements) really come in handy too.

This is a great class and currently my favorite to play, and I'd really like to see this issue that is crippling it so much fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    Unfortunately, Codog has been gone since September - according to his forum profile. It would probably help to post this is the Suggestions forum, as I doubt the other devs visit this thread now.
    Oh Noes!

there goes one of the few bastions of player/developer interaction and feedback...

we really need a place to voice our concerns and hear the developer's thoughts and receive updates regarding game issues in a more personal level. The Dog House was one of the few places like this...

Default improved feint

i rather like playing rogues, the bluff skill when playing solo can be a life saver in more ways than one. you can get in extra sneak atacks, as well as use it as an opertunity to break the mobs concentration so u can run away.

i understand why we are not able to use this skill to hide from an enmy in game, because of how OP the rogue first was.

the problem i found was that when i build a rogue for the improved feint feat, it only showed trying to atack. there was no die roll to hit the mob or anyting. it bascaly preformed a bluff check with the animation for an atack.

when i thought about making the build i was under the understanding that by using two feat choices as a penalty that we would get atleast sum benifet.

here was what i thought was going to happen:

when using bluff, u bluff the enemy ( make ur check ) if u suceed ur next atack within the time limit counted as a sneak atack. if ue skill failed then ur next atack was a normal atack

when using improved feint, combine these steps, the bluff and atack roll were one, if ur bluff suceeded then the atack was a sneak atack, if not then the atack was a normal atack. the main differance was using one action for the atack and bluff rather than 2. alowing the rogue to better use his time.

however what i have found is that even tho the animation shows it no atack is ever made. even when the bluff is sucessful, its just like using the bluff skill in the first place, it dsnt even show u to get any bonus to the check for taking the feat.

We all know that great axes aren't as fun as TwF.

But great axes have good range.

Can dual-wield some Glaives?

Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast