Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1504

Thread: The Dog House

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka View Post
    Warlock is also not a Divine caster.

He's referring to the Favored Soul, btw. Kate talked about it in her talk with TTH.
    the whole reason why people wanted another healing class like DRUID is because they are sick of playing a straight healing class ... clerics get sick of having to sit back and heal all the time where as a druid can go dex build and do both heals and have decent ac and fight using bows or finesse ... favored souls are basically clerics without the need to rest to swap spells they need to have a base 19 cha just to cast there 9th level spells and wis for dcs meaning no room for con or str/dex .... why not just make a cleric then you will have better spell points and same or better dc's

how does favored soul make its way in place of druid?

in fact i think i have seen over 5,000 posts asking for druid but dont think i have ever seen anyone ask for favored soul?

*** is going on at DDO development?
    SITH HAPPENS
    [])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████████
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

heres another question maybe people can help me with

i hear they are fixing two weapon fighting on monks so that our attack speed form air stance and flurry of blows will work properly

a welcome change

are they also fixing the ability to use quivering palm and stuffing fist while equiped with monk weapons like kamas and quarterstaffs ... at least if we cant use greensteel handwraps least you could do is fix the way kamas work with our abilities if they did that we wouldnt need the stupid ring thing as much.

if kamas or for that matter single kama had the attack speed of handwraps like it is suppost to then the little dps difference wouldnt be so bad cause we would make up for it with lightning strikes frequency
    SITH HAPPENS
    [])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████████
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    You fail math.
    Oops my bad. Serves me right for trying to do quick math and post it on the forums while working inside when it is a nice day outside.

As for the Warlock or Favored Soul, not as familiar with them as I like, but I'd rather have a druid anyday. We need a alternate divine healer more than any other divine type caster let alone arcane types.

Community Member

Default Fixing attack speeds..

I'd just like the swinging of 2x weapons to be actually a little faster than the swinging of one weapon..

Make a level 1 toon with 2-weapon fighting.

Swing a dagger with 1 hand, nothing in the other hand.
    Then time this vs the speed with a shield inthe other
    then time this with the speed of a dagger in each hand.

Maybe i'm off base here, but SHOULDNT I be able to swing with both those daggers in the same time I could swing 1x dagger alone?

At the moment I think it's actually faster to swing 1 dagger and weapon than 2x weapons at once. The number of combat rolls per minute.

Drfirewater: I agree, whats with the favored soul? Druid is the one that has been missed out, the game is STILL base on 3.5 rules... druid is sorely lacking after all this time. the coming of 4th edition should NOT under any circumstances change that. Having another class with base healing spells is a good thing also.

Some of the druid spells are already with the ranger anyway
    but theres a whole SWATHE of nature spells (entangle anyone?), sun spells, weather spells (gust of wind?) and elemental spells that can be added to the game to enhance it.
    We'd also come across enemies with these spells..

and also with xendrik being hugely nature and jungle bound... it's plainly a CRIME not to include the class and the storylines that would go with it.

I'm ok with warlock, thats different enough .. but it shouldnt come at the expense of implementing druid.. it should come AFTER.
    As for races, I'd like to see more but more class options are better.
    Last edited by hazzazz; 05-07-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Nothing against hazzazz, he was just a handy target:

Quote Originally Posted by hazzazz View Post
    Druid is the one that has been missed out, the game is STILL base on 3.5 rules... druid is sorely lacking after all this time. the coming of 4th edition should NOT under any circumstances change that.
    Turbine's licensing terms for the D&D franchise requires them to get approval from Wizards of the Coast for pretty much everything. If WotC says "yeah, we don't care so much for druids", Turbine doesn't really have a choice. Side note: Druids are released in 4.0 PHBII.
    Having another class with base healing spells is a good thing also.
    Which happens to include favored soul. Much as the limited number of spell slots doesn't stop people from rolling sorcs, it's not going to encourage much thought between favored soul and clerics. I'd give it about a week before the major guilds are running nothing but favored souls as healbots in raids, since they can throw more SPs, faster, and that's all they'll really care about.

Some of the druid spells are already with the ranger anyway
    but theres a whole SWATHE of nature spells (entangle anyone?), sun spells, weather spells (gust of wind?) and elemental spells that can be added to the game to enhance it.
    Right there is another portion of the problem. If you follow the video game industry to any real degree (not just drool on the latest Halo screenies), you'll remember that current development budgets are utterly dominated by the art departments. For all we know, Codog is capable of coding the entire spell selection over the weekend, drunk, with one arm tied behind his back and a rabid mongoose chewing on his toes. But then we'd have to wait endlessly for the spells to get "teh prettiness" added by the art department.

Doing the druid spells in one big lump cuts heavily into the already stretched resources for a module, and if druids aren't getting released because of a technical problem, all that time/money is effectively wasted. Doing them slowly , on the side, has the same issue plus listening to us whine.

As has been brought up elsewhere, this may be a good time to look at domains for clerics again. It would differentiate them from favored souls by giving them an (actually) expanded spell pool, and many of the cleric domains (plant, animal, sun, and the elementals) happen to overlap very nicely with the druid spell set. The spells could be worked on, and more importantly, rolled out as cleric spells, allowing the developers to make content and actually use it right away. On the other hand, despite people's insistence that clerics are there to babysit the party, they're actually one of the most powerful classes in the game - divine might combat boosts, divine power granting them bursts of full BAB (with casting(Suck it, Tenser!), self healing, blade barrier and instant death spells. Now tack on firewall for a fire domain cleric. Even given the "sandbag" of forcing them to have burning hands and other such spells memorized at all times (eating up a spell slot at each level), that may make them a tad too good.

Personally, I'd like to see Druids too. I have very fond memories of my 3.5 druid in spiked wildling armor and bear form, giving enemies cheesegrater hugs and big toothy-drooly bear kisses. Turbine hasn't abandoned them completely, there's a Tolero quote floating around that reads something like druids not having been dragged out behind the barn and shot. Favored souls are really just a slam dunk - new class with minimal new technology required. Take a sorc, give him clerical spell selection and the odd cleric style enhancement, and bada-bing! new class, no waiting.

That said: give me my freaking druid, already. Grrrr. Arrrg. DoooooOMmm!!!1!
    /somewhat off topic rant
    We now return you to your regular programming.
    Last edited by Depravity; 05-10-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
    # The Accursed Ascension raid has had much of its treasure improved. Existing items are unaffected by this change, except for:

* Retroactive Changes: Both the Lesser Maximize and Lesser Heighten spell effect buffs increased to 20 seconds in duration.

What about the Litany Of The Dead, Turn The Page Clickie? It was also very short or does this just means those with the old version of the item are stuck with a short clicky?

I do not have access to the clicky on test server at this time, but it was great they they fix the other two.
    Tested. Was not increased in Lamannia.

Also had allot of other abbot items there and none were modified. Did not have the lesser maximum/heighten items tho to test.

Quote Originally Posted by hazzazz View Post
    I
    Maybe i'm off base here, but SHOULDNT I be able to swing with both those daggers in the same time I could swing 1x dagger alone?
    In real life swinging daggers at someone kinda doens't work very good - there piercing weapons. You need to stab them. And no, you cannot stab someone with 2 dagger as quickly as you can with 1, at least not a full stab and removal of both daggers from the flesh..

So the system makes sense. Kinda. heh.

Technically if they wanted it to work like pen and paper, all styles would have the same animation time. But thats not how the game works, and not something they can change without an incredible amount of time, so it wouldnt be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Also had allot of other abbot items there and none were modified. Did not have the lesser maximum/heighten items tho to test.
    The lesser maximize and heighten are 20 secs on lamannia. The amount of sheer spell points these clickies save now make them even better than the gloves IMO, too bad they are exclusive though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Did you put the items in the stone of change? Unsure whether this is necessary for these items, but it has been the case for others.

Vordax
    Last edited by Vordax; 05-11-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Did you put the items in the stone of change? Unsure whether this is necessary for these items, but it has been the case for others.

Adam
    no

Community Member

Default good old flaming sphere.

Sometimes the flaming sphere just sits near a target and doesnt move, and it's not close enough to affect it.

Ideally a little random pathing would be perfect for it, where the destination is +/- a certain amount away from the target.

I'd also like to see more metamagics affecting it , not just quicken and eschew materials..

Enlarge shoud be able to make it castable further away from the caster.
    Heighten would make saving against it's effect (reflex save) harder.
    Maximize and empower should also work for it, just like firewall gets buffed up. At the moment i'm not sure if it's affected by inferno potions or caster enhancements at all.

On the AI side i'd like to see the sphere only move if the owner is mentally conscious and alive. If you're stunned,unconscious or asleep or dead you havent got the mental faculties to control it. This includes enemy monsters.

Community Member

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    Thanks for your patience here and posting it twice.

I've not touched the advancement system in a long, long time. So I think the answer to this question was that design probably asked for this in their specification and we probably ran out of time to make this happen. I remember well coding defensive roll and a number of the other abilities and being very tight on time. I've added a note to bring this up in our next meeting. If there was a reason this was deliberately left out for some reason, I'll follow up this post sometime with your answer.

--Codog
    hey chief, i appreciate the response. understand you must be stupid busy right now. would love to hear anything about this from the meeting or whatever.

also, not sure if you are aware. i already spoke to in game help about this AND filled out a bug report, but for some reason, at times it is not possible to swap your rogue special ability.

i have a 5/11 lv wizard/rogue (Ruze Alligash on Sarlona) who was attempting to swap improved evasion to crippling strike and none of the in-game help could figure out why i could not make the swap. is this is a known bug? if so, is it going to be fixed?

its not a huge deal but its just annoying no to be able to get the special ability that you want for your character. swapping worked fine for all my other characters so i don't know what the problem is.

anyway, thanks for all your hard work and i hope you keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drfirewater79 View Post
    the whole reason why people wanted another healing class like DRUID is because they are sick of playing a straight healing class ... clerics get sick of having to sit back and heal all the time where as a druid can go dex build and do both heals and have decent ac and fight using bows or finesse ... favored souls are basically clerics without the need to rest to swap spells they need to have a base 19 cha just to cast there 9th level spells and wis for dcs meaning no room for con or str/dex .... why not just make a cleric then you will have better spell points and same or better dc's

how does favored soul make its way in place of druid?

in fact i think i have seen over 5,000 posts asking for druid but dont think i have ever seen anyone ask for favored soul?

*** is going on at DDO development?
    There have been quite a few favored soul requests and its an amazing class: it is the sorceror of clerics (eg, sorc casting speed and sp pools, sorc style spell selection), free weapon proficienccies, good melee ability, good hp, -great- saves (monk style good saves in all 3 categories).

It would not only be a healer with a 50% larger sp pool, but with fast-casting and cooldowns on destruction, bb, cometfall, etc. It is an excellent (imo, on ddo, it would be overpowered) class and extremely flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    The lesser maximize and heighten are 20 secs on lamannia. The amount of sheer spell points these clickies save now make them even better than the gloves IMO, too bad they are exclusive though.
    Yeah, I have been playing with my turn the page on live and managed to learn how to make it save me as many sp as the gloves for all 3 uses .. I can only imagine how good it would be at 20 seconds, and how good my lesser max/heighten will be (I have a diadem already) at 20 sec.

Community Member

Default Bluff, the forgotten and gimped skill

This is a discussion on Bluff and the uselessness of the skills and feats associated with it how it can be changed. First and foremost, I'm not sure why when I compare Bluff to Diplomacy and Intimidate that it remains so impractical to use in the game.

Intimidate and Diplomacy both take time, but the animation and time associated with bluff make it extremely limited in its usefulness.

There is the added effect of the target of the Bluff to move away or run away in some cases from the person doing the Bluffing.

It has a long cooldown on top of that.

Improved Feint is a feat associated with Bluff which is also extremely limited in a combat situation. It is not an attack which slows down momentum in any combat situation trememndously and all those Bluffed draw away from the target. One has to wonder, what in the world were the devs thinking when they implemented this.

Last Deception on weapons seems to almost be a test on whether the devs want to fix or use bluff or not. Deception weapons have a small chance to Bluff which is not based at all on the Bluff skill of the attacker. Anyone can use a deception weapon and achieve the same effect.

The fact that targets move away would not be as bad if the Bluff effect were as fast as Intimidate or Diplomacy. Would that be so devastating to the game? Why can't this be changed to make the skill more playable.

As it stands, this change would mean an attacker with Bluff would have more options against Red named opponents as Deception works on red names so is it the devs don't want to give people this power?

Please do something or respond as to why this skill is just left by the wayside.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    There have been quite a few favored soul requests and its an amazing class: it is the sorceror of clerics (eg, sorc casting speed and sp pools, sorc style spell selection), free weapon proficienccies, good melee ability, good hp, -great- saves (monk style good saves in all 3 categories).

It would not only be a healer with a 50% larger sp pool, but with fast-casting and cooldowns on destruction, bb, cometfall, etc. It is an excellent (imo, on ddo, it would be overpowered) class and extremely flexible.
    Not to mention it is far easier to implement than druids or artificers, which are the other two most frequent requests.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

I am not sure whether it would have the faster casting speed or larger sp pool. Likely the larger sp pool. It really depends on how they implement it.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Would favoured souls make cleric obselete? who knows..

Sure favoured souls easy to implement, no doubt.. but it's a poor substitute.
    But to me druids are more key to eberron, it's magic derived from the earthdragon herself. Normal arcane magic from siberys, and the darker necromantic shadowy magic from khyber. Cleric magic deriving from all sources.
    Magic wise the nature based magic is what's missing mostly, the entangles, insects and thorn walls. Most of the other spells are already in the other classes.

The work on a full psionic power system that would be needed for the kalashtar would be much more work than what needs to be done for druids (although flayers already have some of it and most psionics are just substitutions for arcane or cleric spells)

It's really just the shapeshifting powers which opens up changelings, lycanthropes, shapechange spells, changeself spells, other illusions, yuan-ti , true deceptive rakshasa etc it deserves a mod devoted to it, with content from level 1 to 20 .Sure implementation might not be easy but in the end it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am not sure whether it would have the faster casting speed or larger sp pool. Likely the larger sp pool. It really depends on how they implement it.
    I could see them not replicating sorceror effects, but pnp favored souls have identical spell use systems to sorceror (except for getting bonus spell slots and dcs via different statistics), so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't give the spontaneous clerical caster the same benefits of the spontaneous arcane (except that a 2800 sp, auto-quickened healer would break every quest in the game).

Community Member

I could see them not replicating sorceror effects, but pnp favored souls have identical spell use systems to sorceror (except for getting bonus spell slots and dcs via different statistics)
    That is important to keep in mind when proposing Favored Soul. For those who don't know about the class, FS is a dual-stat caster, whose spells are powered by both wisdom and charisma. That makes them weaker compared to single-stat casters, because they need to spend points and slots raising two stats.

In DDO, that would mean Favored Souls need 19 cha to cast level 9 spells, and get bonus sp from cha. But their spell DCs go by wisdom, meaning they won't be able to have the same DCs as clerics without hurting some other stat (like str). A FS also won't reach the same big mana pool as a sorc, because it will be hard to justify pumping cha above 19 when sp are all it gets you.

(A similar D&D class that could also be added to DDO is the Archivist, who use intelligence for mana and levels, but wisdom for DC. However, they would need to be modified to eliminate ranger/paladin spells from their list)

(except that a 2800 sp, auto-quickened healer would break every quest in the game).
    That means sorcerers already broke every quest? Or that they will in mod9 when they get MRSD?

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast