Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1504

Thread: The Dog House

  1. #1001
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder
    DrAwkward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    Something I'll add to this. Cone of Cold and targeted enemies. It seems that halflings have better chances of hitting more NPCs than my dark elf. The only difference I can think of is height, so the targeting lines are different. You would not believe the number of NPCs (other casters no less) that just walk right rough the CoC without anything happening to them, yet when the halfling does it, they are all nailed. rather annoys me.
    Makes sense though. You are blowing a cold wind on thier robes. Halflings are blowing a cold wind *up* thier robes. Much more effective.
    There was a girl warforged named Cleaver.
    Every man that she loved would soon leave her.
    They all left so fast / as they couldn't get past
    the fact that she has a Brass Beaver

  2. #1002

    Default Can we get the party invite mechanism updated.

    Hey Codog,

    I've been having a problem with people sending blind invites to my cleric. Basically I'll be doing something (Low level favor, shopping, guild chatting, etc) and I'll get a pop up from someone not schooled in proper party invite etiquette. I don't want to be totally invisible to the world around me so going anon or unchecking "Accept Party Invites" isn't really a solution. Would it be possible for you guys to make a UI checkbox that changes the popup to a /tell with the accept/decline functions. (Like we already have with the party creation tools but as a tell rather than a system message.)

    Quantum
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

  3. #1003

    Default

    Codog,

    Is there any update on making more effects use better "payment" methods?

    There was some talk about updating systems so you wouldn't be, for example, charged for casting a spell on a target who was out of range, or for attempting to Smite something that you don't actually prompt an attack roll on.

    How's that coming along?
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

  4. #1004
    Community Member Amaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Hi Codog,

    Is there any ETA of when Invisability will be fixed? currently mobs whom use it can't be seen, yet when players use it they can be seen as though they were never using it. (I do have a video of this but youtube is being a pain for me atm)

    Whats the point of this spell if it dosn't do what it is intended to do? Monsters still hit the players 99% of the time, and 99% of the time they will cast directly at the player.

  5. #1005
    Developer Codog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stormreach, Xendrik
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Hey Codog,

    I've been having a problem with people sending blind invites to my cleric. Basically I'll be doing something (Low level favor, shopping, guild chatting, etc) and I'll get a pop up from someone not schooled in proper party invite etiquette. I don't want to be totally invisible to the world around me so going anon or unchecking "Accept Party Invites" isn't really a solution. Would it be possible for you guys to make a UI checkbox that changes the popup to a /tell with the accept/decline functions. (Like we already have with the party creation tools but as a tell rather than a system message.)

    Quantum
    This seems like a very reasonable request. I don't really handle a lot related to the UI, but will forward this on to the UI team for discussion.

    Thanks,

    Codog

  6. #1006
    Developer Codog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stormreach, Xendrik
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    Something I'll add to this. Cone of Cold and targeted enemies. It seems that halflings have better chances of hitting more NPCs than my dark elf. The only difference I can think of is height, so the targeting lines are different. You would not believe the number of NPCs (other casters no less) that just walk right rough the CoC without anything happening to them, yet when the halfling does it, they are all nailed. rather annoys me.
    I just ran through with physics visualization on to verify that I'm not going completely insane.

    This particular spell will blow out a detection oriented the direction the player is facing (not along a vector to the target like projectile spells). If you don't mind, it might be helpful for me to know a little more about the situations that yield low target count for you.

    1) Is this absolutely consistent and reproducable or is it somewhat situational?
    2) Are you using mouselook mode?
    3) Do you find a relationship between distance to target and when this happens?
    4) Does it happen more when the targets are "uphill" from you?
    5) Are there specific mobs that this happens with most? Do they have entities on the ground that they create (ala Ice Flenser)?

    I have some theories as to why this is happening and more information could be really helpful.

    Best regards,

    Codog

  7. #1007
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    This particular spell will blow out a detection oriented the direction the player is facing (not along a vector to the target like projectile spells). If you don't mind, it might be helpful for me to know a little more about the situations that yield low target count for you.
    This isn't exactly what you ask for, but what bothers me with Cone of Cold is that it doesn't project the cone in the direction you're facing. It traces a line in the direction you're facing, adjusts it upward according to obstacle intersection, and then centers the cone on that new vector.

    For example, if you are in Inferno of the Damned and want to hit two torches with one Cone of Cold, you cannot simply center both of them in your cursor and shoot the spell- that will deflect the cone above them. Instead, you need to sidestep a bit so that your direction vector doesn't pass through the torches, but the cone still covers them.

    There is a picture of this bug with Nimbus Of Light, which I believe exhibits the problem in the same way Cone of Cold does.
    Last edited by Angelus_dead; 03-20-2008 at 01:04 AM.

  8. #1008
    Community Member BRINKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NIHON
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Rangers improved wild empathy seems to function like a cone of cold that only hits one creature. Animals are generally short (dogs, wolves, rats etc...) and when they are directly in front of you and you click the empathy hotbar key there is either no message (just a charge of empathy is used and the timer counts down) or a message pops up saying you must face the creature (which is directly in front of you). The message also pops up if the animal is to either side of you but still in view nearby. Lag (latency) makes timing to cast the spell very iffy due to the short range of the spell and the dead area directly in front and sides of a character where it has no effect. My thoughts are to either increase the range or change it to function more like finger of death. The two best ways I've found to use it are, keep clicking the hotbar key until the animal enters range or sneak up on them. There are many situations where those options are not available. I apologize if this has been brought up before, but 50+ pages to read though...

  9. #1009
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    1) Is this absolutely consistent and reproducable or is it somewhat situational?
    2) Are you using mouselook mode?
    3) Do you find a relationship between distance to target and when this happens?
    4) Does it happen more when the targets are "uphill" from you?
    5) Are there specific mobs that this happens with most? Do they have entities on the ground that they create (ala Ice Flenser)?

    I have some theories as to why this is happening and more information could be really helpful.

    Best regards,

    Codog
    I did assume that CoC did blast in the direction I was facing but that it streaks out planer wise instead of conical.
    1. I would classify it as reasonably re producible. I can not make it happen with any form of 100% consistancy, but it happens often enough to where I just don't use the spell often.
    2. I'm not a twitch player so I do not mouse look for the most part. However, when I mouse look making adjustments for what I perceive as planer vs conical differences I hit a LOT more constantly.
    3. I've not found any relationship to distance yet other than the fact that the farther away the targeted creature is, the less likely I am to hit it, same with up front. They have to be in the middle to have any form of consistency.
    4. When I am level with the targets or the targets are uphill, yes it does hit less for me. When I have the high ground I hit more often.
    5. I've found it consistent between all mob types. I can not speculate on creatures that create ground effects because I can't think of the last time I really tried to use CoC on any creature that does. (can't say I've ever thought about trying to freeze an Ice flenser either. DDO doesn't let me be Dark Schinder and let me out burn an effreet after all.)

    The place where I noticed this really happening was against hobs in Shan-Ta-Kor part 3, the group right before the drop down bridge. I lost track of the number of time, I'd come around the cornor and blast and NONE of them where hit at all. No saves, no anything. And this was on normal during my farming for the Ring of Feathers. And no, they didn't have agro until after the blast animation had cleared. I've tried this targeted and untargeted. It is rather frustrating just to watch hobs casually continue to walk through it as if nothing was there.

    In the Litany of the Dead pre raid, at the floor spike whirrily trap with the two wheeps and a quell, I wait until my target is about 20 odd feet away before blasting rather than targeting the farthest away. My likely hood of hitting more than my target is greater this way.

    Another thing I'll add to this. My friend who plays a dark elf wizard (I think it is dark elf, I know its not a halfling or dwarf) seems to be having the same amount of luck hitting creatures with CoC as the halfing does. However, I know for a fact the halfling in question uses a keyboard to play, while the delf uses mouse twich to play.

  10. #1010
    Community Member Arovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I would just like to bring up for consideration a change to the spell Flame Arrow. I would like to see it be able to be cast on magical ammo as well as normal ammo. It would give a little extra damage to casters that like to focus on ranged combat. For my personal play style I would love to see this for Elf casters who choose to go down the path of Arcane Archer, being able to en-flame my summoned arrows would set me apart from the rangers who took the path of AA but did not focus too much on their casting abilities.

    I don't think this would make ranged overpowered as +1d6 fire damage is not much to the already low DPS of ranged combat.

    What do you think?

  11. #1011
    Community Member Amaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arovin View Post
    I would just like to bring up for consideration a change to the spell Flame Arrow. I would like to see it be able to be cast on magical ammo as well as normal ammo. It would give a little extra damage to casters that like to focus on ranged combat. For my personal play style I would love to see this for Elf casters who choose to go down the path of Arcane Archer, being able to en-flame my summoned arrows would set me apart from the rangers who took the path of AA but did not focus too much on their casting abilities.

    I don't think this would make ranged overpowered as +1d6 fire damage is not much to the already low DPS of ranged combat.

    What do you think?
    This would also arise the issue of "Unlimited ammo" for those casting archers. Although I do agree there needs to be a change.

  12. #1012
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    930

    Default Rogues being denied choosing a Feat in place of a Special Ability

    Release notes stated:

    "Rogues now can choose which special ability (Improved Evasion, Crippling Strike, Defensive Roll, Slippery Mind, or Skill Mastery) they desire when they reach levels 10, 13, or 16 rather than having one automatically assigned to them. In addition, Rogues can now swap these special abilities for others as if they were feats."

    PnP rules state here under feat.

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm

    Feat

    A rogue may gain a bonus feat in place of a special ability.

    I have brought this up many times on the forums Codog. I realize you guys are running into many issues because a lot of players come from the PnP environment that this game would not exist without with expectations the it will be similar to the PnP rules.

    I think not allowing rogues to choose a feat in place of one of these special abilities robs the class (no pun intended) of a tremendous amount of freedom if the class is to survive at all in the current DDO form. This is one area where I strongly think you guys need to examine.

    Being able to swap Special Abilities means nothing if I eventually have to choose all or most of them anyway.

    There a lot of people who love this class because of the freedom of it and intrigue. In PnP you could make one rogue entirely different from the next. In DDO we have already taken a hit in skills because of the nature of the game it is obvious why certain skills could not be implemented.

    But why can't I choose a feat in place of one I don't care to take? Is this even being considered to be implemented? I really thought by the wording of the release notes that it was going to happen, but I can see now I was wrong.

    Because it has not been implemented is force rogues to take a level a fighter just to get feats the class should already be able to choose at higher levels. It makes no sense to force players to have to do this who want to make their build the way they could under the PnP rules if it can easily be implemented.

    Anyway, that's just my two cents. Just want to know if my level 16 rogue is going to have to take a level of fighter because of the way DDO rules are set up to get a feat he would normally get under the PnP rules. Would appreciate some good feedback.

    Peace.
    Last edited by drachine; 03-21-2008 at 09:09 AM.

  13. #1013
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Eternity's Axis
    Posts
    3,685

    Default

    I noticed my Bard cannot Song people within the range of Sound, but instead she has to rely on the casting radius of Haste for a Song or Fascinate. Is there any reason for the nerf to the range of Bard Songs?

    Please make the range MASSIVE, as my bard plays VERY LOUDLY(like Enlarged Hold Monster).

  14. #1014
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Eternity's Axis
    Posts
    3,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arovin View Post
    I would just like to bring up for consideration a change to the spell Flame Arrow. I would like to see it be able to be cast on magical ammo as well as normal ammo. It would give a little extra damage to casters that like to focus on ranged combat. For my personal play style I would love to see this for Elf casters who choose to go down the path of Arcane Archer, being able to en-flame my summoned arrows would set me apart from the rangers who took the path of AA but did not focus too much on their casting abilities.

    I don't think this would make ranged overpowered as +1d6 fire damage is not much to the already low DPS of ranged combat.

    What do you think?
    I think that just like in PnP, Metamagics should be applicable to said manually crafted ammunition.

    Imagine... ammo doing 80d6 Cold damage...

    Also, Flame arrow is a bit limited. Prismatic Arrows should be an option.

  15. #1015
    Community Member EspyLacopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    I think that just like in PnP, Metamagics should be applicable to said manually crafted ammunition.

    Imagine... ammo doing 80d6 Cold damage...

    Also, Flame arrow is a bit limited. Prismatic Arrows should be an option.
    80d6 cold damage? Prismatic Arrows? Where in the world are those coming from?
    "Traps don't do damage. They ask you to do damage to yourself." -Andy Menard
    Release your inner dwarf. Then get him some ale!

  16. #1016
    Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Coldin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    30 Feet from my Soul Stone
    Posts
    5,399

    Default Composite Bows.

    Hey Codog, hope the work on the Monk is going well.

    I'd like to discuss Composite Bows. In PnP, composite bows allow a character to add their strength bonus to damage. In DDO, composite bows are merely bows with different designs. Rangers though, basically get that ability for free through Bow Strength, which doesn't even exist in PnP. This leaves any non-ranger bow user behind in the damage curve simple b/c they are not a ranger.

    What I propose that all Composite Bows essentially be given the Bow Strength feat as a bonus ability. It's already been proven this is possible with items like the Minos helm and Precise Shot on bows.

    In addition, when you increased the velocity of projectiles, you missed Composite Bows. They still shoot noticeably slower than any other ranged weapon. It makes using a Composite Bow something to avoid because of the frequent missing that will occur on moving mobs.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

    Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

  17. #1017
    Developer Codog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stormreach, Xendrik
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Hey Codog, hope the work on the Monk is going well.

    I'd like to discuss Composite Bows. In PnP, composite bows allow a character to add their strength bonus to damage. In DDO, composite bows are merely bows with different designs. Rangers though, basically get that ability for free through Bow Strength, which doesn't even exist in PnP. This leaves any non-ranger bow user behind in the damage curve simple b/c they are not a ranger.

    What I propose that all Composite Bows essentially be given the Bow Strength feat as a bonus ability. It's already been proven this is possible with items like the Minos helm and Precise Shot on bows.

    In addition, when you increased the velocity of projectiles, you missed Composite Bows. They still shoot noticeably slower than any other ranged weapon. It makes using a Composite Bow something to avoid because of the frequent missing that will occur on moving mobs.
    Thanks!

    Work on the monk is going very well so far. I'll have somebody check on the composite bows related to the speed change. If that is the case, it was an honest mistake and not something intentional. As far as Bow Strength goes, I'll talk to Eladrin on the topic and get back to you on it.

    I appreciate your input.

    Cheers,

    Codog

  18. #1018
    Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Coldin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    30 Feet from my Soul Stone
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    Thanks!

    Work on the monk is going very well so far. I'll have somebody check on the composite bows related to the speed change. If that is the case, it was an honest mistake and not something intentional. As far as Bow Strength goes, I'll talk to Eladrin on the topic and get back to you on it.

    I appreciate your input.

    Cheers,

    Codog
    Thanks!
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

    Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

  19. #1019
    Community Member The_Phenx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    near D.C.
    Posts
    3,751

    Default

    Hey Codog,

    Simple fix suggestions to make throwing weapons fun, and a viable offensive style of fighting .

    Since animation costs a ton and takes a lot of time, and we know were not going to get offhand throwing anytime soon here are some suggestions for some easier fixes.

    1. How about a feat called say "double throwing" which when taken adds a seccond to hit and damage roll to your throwing animation per throw. Similar to how the twf feats just add in more rolls for the same animation.

    2. Shuriken... I believe per pnp rules these are supposed to be 3 attacks/damage per throw and need to be fixed anyway .

    3. Power attack should effect throwing weapons... I mean aren't you throwing them harder?

    4. Quick draw, should effect the speed of throwing weapons a bit more than it currently does. As it stands you get maybe 1 more throw per given time frame, and well really doesnt effect very much.

    Let me know what you think, since I'm bored at work and have nothing better to do.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court


    ***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

  20. #1020
    Community Member Laith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Phenx View Post
    2. Shuriken... I believe per pnp rules these are supposed to be 3 attacks/damage per throw and need to be fixed anyway .
    that was in 3.0, and removed in 3.5.

    a certain class with sneak attack made 3stars per attack a bit broken...

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload