Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dog House

A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

Any plans to fix problems related to AI and/or monsters mechanics for tracking players?

If you are not aware of the matter, I would be happy to provide you with more information.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

I second (or well in this case um... tenthen) the need and desire for Scythes and especially Spears.

I've posted this before and I thought that this might bew a good place to re-mention it...

Could it be possible to impliment an Alliance Chat Tab?

There are several guilds that run with each other and an aliance chat can be useful. Also it could be handy for those large guilds that have "two" guilds to handle all their members, as well as those guild that have "feeder" guilds for lower levels.

Basically if you were forming for, say a raid, and you need to fill out the ranks, you can go to a "second" teir (guild chat being the "first" tier) by sending out a message over Alliance chat.

Also this will enable those who enjoy thier guild, but they belong to a small guild, and will expand thier network.

Guildleaders can do say /aliance invite "guildname", that will send an invite to the guildleader of the other guild. They can accept or deny. Gildleaders Can limit who can post or read to the aliance net, to only officers or all. And sent aliance messages will only goto your aliances, not you aliances' aliances.
    Amiee lvl 16 cleric___________Heathur lvl 16 fighter
    Coolhand lvl16 rogue ________Freek lvl 16 wizzard
    Saba lvl 16 cleric ________Hayoka lvl 16 Bard

Any Word on a Trade Channel in game? similiar to LFM listing but with items that people are selling or with items that people want where it normally shows the quest info. Would cut down AH costs and therefore plat farmers some.

~Kire

There is an issue with a lot of abilities that don't "land" but still set the timer off. It is particularly bad on things like Unyielding Soverienty, Rage and such. I'm sure it's been covered elsewhere but since my last two PD clerics bit it when these didn't land (but still started ticking 10-min timers), I figured I'd bring it up again.

Second; Chasing after mobs that run away is increasingly annoying. The collision detection doesn't allow you to get ahead of them enough to target the actual spot where they are. It's like the target spot is about two feet in front of where the collision point is. It wasn't allways like that. I think it got messed up in mod four.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Touch AC.... Please add it.
    Riott Ad Infinitum ~20 Fighter ~ 67 AC unbuffed ~ "Riott, AC Intimi-Tank Build"
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Community Member

Hi CoDog,

From your post in the "Newbie" thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=34), I can tell you are well aware of how good ideas get lost in information overload and excessive repetitive discussion. Honestly, I think this is one of the biggest impediments to efficiently reporting and prioritizing ideas.

What we need to solve this, is a moderated "Game Suggestions/Complaints" thread... Or better yet if feasible, a chart. Note, it must be moderated. We have had unmoderated threads like this before, but they immediately fill up with repetition, jokes, and 50 page theses on game theory.

People should be able to propose additions, modifications, etc. However, they shouldn't make it into the thread/chart until a moderator decides they add something meaningful enough to warrant putting them in.

This could probably be done with forum technology, or perhaps an outside web-viewable service like Google Spreadsheet. Most importantly, there should be some indication of status... I.e. We haven't even started considering that yet... We like it and hope to do it someday... We are arguing about this internally and will keep you posted... We're working on it... Or in lucky cases, "It's done, send us cupcakes."

I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to set this up... I would be one for sure. However, I think it would kind of have to be a Dev thing, as there are bound to be disagreements about priority, wording, whether one issue is the same as another, etc.

Do you think this is something you, Q, T, or E would go for?

It could also act as a FAQ about issues... You could go up there and see that something was reported, got a lot of support, but just isn't going to happen because of some technical or time limitation. Thus, less screaming.
    Nyr Dyv Raiders - Sarlona
    Bloodbath, Barb 20 · Stonehaul, AC Build 20 · Sonnkral, Melee 20 · Sacrament, Cleric 17 · Sentient, Sorcerer 17 · Kimosabe, Archer 20 · Livid, Rogue 15 · Luthiena, Bard 20 · Luxoria, Paladin 8· Machinos, Wiz 8

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Touch AC.... Please add it.
    Yes, so spells like Wraithstrike can be added.

Seriously, Touch AC would be a nice addition as would SR working as it should, stopping all spells that are affected by it, ie even damaging spells. Obviously, this would make the Conjuration school (put in the Orb spells please) and spell penetration far more important.

Also, summoning is very weak when compared to PnP. Summoning is quite a potent option in PnP. Unfotunately, it is relegated to uselessness in DDO. Feats like Augment Summoning, Greenbound Summoning, and Rashemi Elemental Summoning would help as would increasing our options on what we can summon. Rashemi Elemental Summoning is the most potent of the three, as an earth elemental with the Thomil template is admittedly quite powerful as is the Orglash template for the air elemental (45d6 from 3 cones of cold is some blasting power for sure). In addition, perhaps some enhancements could be added to bolster the HPs and combat abilities of summons even further. Ultimately, all of the above, plus allowing multiple summons to be in play at a time would be optimal, but might pose programming issues, and worse, balance issues. Surely there has to some middle ground though to make summoning viable. Admittedly there are other problems to solve before we address the casters. Maybe this can be worked on by the time Druids come out, as summoning is a big part of the Druid's game, along with the animal companion. That's a ways off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    I want a Kargon action figure to have at my desk for inpirmaration. It has a pull string and says things like:

"MMMM... Ham...."
    "That were the most delicimous ham evermer!"
    "Smoke Cured Ham... bah hummamabug."
    "Nevermer fear, Kargon are block it with my face!"

I hope Santamaclaus will bring it for me.

--Codog
    I want one too ... where can I place my order?

Best,
    Kaz
    Fernia Born

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.

1) Is anything else being done to adjust Beholders being able to throw their magic rays in front of them, when in DDO, their central eye is always open, making it so they should not be able to do that at all? On the same note, is anything being done about making beholders not able to turn faster than any high end computer can see their animation, open their eye, and then turn around back to the original way they were facing? I realize this can somewhat be a client issue, but considering I've had it happen to plenty of guildies of different gaming machine levels, it's the game, and not on the user's end.

2) Is there any work being done to make player's attack arcs moving just like monsters when the player is moving and trying to attack that monster running away? (Related note) Anything being done to enemy movement speed to make it so you aren't hoping for Boots of Time Warp in order to catch any monster but an Ooze that's running away from you?

3) Any chance of working on a little more 3-D being worked into the game. Right now, jumping over a blade that's fixed to come out of the wall at a set height off of the ground automatically hits you as if you have no time to adjust (Tumbling or NOT), and I think that' an issue, as well as being able to Jump OVER blade barrier spells, or the Blades in the Demon Queen's raid. I've completely jumped one without landing into the blade and still gotten hit, which makes me sad that it can't be a strategy for those ABLE to make the leap.

I realize revealing future plans isn't something you can unveil, but these are long time bugs/issues that I'm wondering what's happening when they occur and if anything is being done to rework the mechanics or fixing them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Default Quick suggestion

Hi there,
    Just a quick suggestion:
    Can you make it so Auto-Attack stays toggled when activating the Search skill?

Currently, searching (for traps etc) disables auto-attack (I assume to stop interruption), but it's a bit annoying having to turn it back on all the time.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd put it out there

Quote Originally Posted by tekn0mage View Post
    There fixed it for you the rest was avoiding the question.
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    1) Is anything else being done to adjust Beholders being able to throw their magic rays in front of them, when in DDO, their central eye is always open, making it so they should not be able to do that at all?
    I asked Eladrin basically this (though I also asked about changing their anti-magic to be a suppression instead of a dispel) and his answer was:

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The plan was originally "as soon as I can turn off the effects of magic items within the area rather than only suppressing spells." It's been broken for so long though, that it's moving higher on the "things to change anyway" list.

Originally, the beholders "blinked", turning off their central eye for a short period of time when they wanted to shoot someone in their front arc, but that was even more obnoxious since it triggered another dispel prematurely when they reopened their eye.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Scholar Of Adventure Lost_Leader's Avatar

Any chance we may see Touch Attack required with ray spells? Make a dex based caster a viable build, working with faster ray animations, so dodging isn't so much an issue (player dexterity) as actually having the character being able to dodge (character dexterity.)

I understand and love the fact the DDO has such a player involved combat system, but I still feel that rays should be more like arrows. They still need an attack roll. But for it to be properly done, we need Touch AC.

But, Touch AC seems to already be ingame, as wraiths and other incorporeals seem to use it. Is this true? I have noticed that wraiths will hit my heavily armored fighters without too much of an issue, but by using a mage armor clicky and turning on Combat Expertise, I get hit a lot less.... or am I imagining things.

And if it is already ingame, then couldn't it be implemented in other areas? (If it isn't, I guess this would be a pretty huge endeavor.)
    Leader of the Lost Legions
    ~Sarlona~

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    But, Touch AC seems to already be ingame, as wraiths and other incorporeals seem to use it. Is this true? I have noticed that wraiths will hit my heavily armored fighters without too much of an issue, but by using a mage armor clicky and turning on Combat Expertise, I get hit a lot less.... or am I imagining things.
    I think you're imagining things. We've kind of collectively decided on the Forums (with some research from various people whose names I can't recall) that incorporeal creatures just have inflated to-hits and aren't actually using any special kinds of Touch Attack rules. (Which also explains why there's no Ghost Touch armor in DDO.)

Which is all not to say I disagree with you. Touch attacks should definitely be added, for incorps and everyone else.
    Ask a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    I think you're imagining things. We've kind of collectively decided on the Forums (with some research from various people whose names I can't recall) that incorporeal creatures just have inflated to-hits and aren't actually using any special kinds of Touch Attack rules. (Which also explains why there's no Ghost Touch armor in DDO.)

Which is all not to say I disagree with you. Touch attacks should definitely be added, for incorps and everyone else.
    Agreed, and would love to see ref saves added to ray's, much like Niacs.
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Smile Rogue Combat Observations and Concerns

Hey Codog,

I know that you guys are pretty busy with the upcoming module but i'd like to mention some ongoing concerns i have with rogue melee combat. (Especially high level or end game content and raids)

Rogues, by the nature of their low hps/saves and BAB, require more strategic positioning when meleeing mobs than fighter-type classes in DDO. Many of you know this but it seems that there are trends in the game that are making it increasingly difficult for rogues to participate successfully in high end and raid content. Here are a couple of observations I've made over the past few months playing my rogue:

Firstly, the perceived increase of mob cone attacks that will hit every enemy in a certain area around a mob. (side effect of addressing safe spots?) These attacks have made it more challenging to maintain a relatively safe melee position around mobs. i.e. DQ Marilith, golems, etc. While i don't mind these types of attacks and think they are appropriate for certain monsters, this can be quite nasty when coupled with my next concern.

The trend toward less predicable mob aggro (AI), especially boss aggro. The increase in unintelligent creatures (golems/undead) and maybe improvements to AI(?) make it more difficult to stay out of the way of these attacks or predict when it is possible to capitalize on flanking/rear attacks.

My last concern is the Trip mechanic. Once the rogue is immobilized they don't last long in a melee setting. Keeping mobile is key to their survivability. Saying this, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of additional bonus to the trip saving throw tied to imp. evasion or imp. uncanny dodge boost. This could set up a nice niche for rogues Tanking air elementals and the like! hahaha (I know it's not PnP but it would be plenty helpful)

As it stands now there is very little need or perceived desire to have rogues participate in high level content in any combat capacity. Rogues do have umd and some range capability but they can be expensive and underpowered respectively. (Especially in DQ and Reaver raids for the above reasons)

Just a couple of concerns and observations!

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.

thought of another question, but maybe, MT will ninja answer this one: Do Fire Reavers, Ice Flensers, and Flesh Renders use Cleave? I remember doing Threnal and all of the tanks getting hit by 1 swing from a Flesh Render with every other attack...Why is this? Cleave with every other attack or are they considered Glancing Blows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Codog,

Re: Spells

Since the Resist Energy and Protection from Energy spells were combined into one spell with multiple options, we've been asking for additional choices for our Summon Monster spells. Originally we were told that the reason it couldn't happen was because there weren't enough options in the game and animating more would be time better spent on "Big bad floaty things" (or something awfully close to that). However, since then, additional monsters that have been added to the game could easily become additions to the summon monster spell at almost every level. For reference, I'm including a list of monsters in the game already, or monsters that could easily share models with other monsters in the game (and thus only have minor stat differences) that could fill the role of additional summons for each tier of spells.

SMI - Fiendish Dire Rat, Fiendish Small Monstrous Scorpion, Fiendish Small Monstrous Spider
    SMII - Celestial Riding Dog, Fiendish Wolf, Fiendish Medium Monstrous Spider
    SMIII - Any Small Elemental (Earth, Fire, Air),
    SMIV - Celestial Lion, Any Mephit (Dozens of these are in the game), Fiendish Dire Wolf,
    SMV - Any Medium Elemental (Fire, Air), Bearded Devil (confirmed as being added in Mod 6), Fiendish Large Monstrous Scorpion
    SMVI - Celestial Dire Lion, Any Large Elemental (Earth, Fire, Air), Huge Fiendish Monstrous Spider
    SMVII - Djinni, Invisible Stalker, Fiendish Huge Monstrous Scorpion
    SMVIII - Any Greater Elemental (Earth, Fire, Air), Fiendish Gargantuan Monstrous Spider

And that's just from the SRD, going to other sources (MMII, III, IV and V for instance) might reveal even more possibilities. Plus, with the addition of Eladrin and more Devils in Mod 6 we'll probably be able to expand that list even further. I was also fairly conservative in terms of borrowing models. Shadow Mastiffs (SMV) and Yeth Hounds (SM IV), for instance, could probably readily utilize existing wolf/dog models with minor adjustments.

I realize some potential issues with the Huge and Gargantuan creatures, but honestly, I think most people would be ok with either a) them being really big and just knowing not to summon them in tight places or b) them being smaller with the stats of a creature of the appropriate size.

But those minor size issues aside, I'm really quite confused as to what would be difficult about adding the remainder of these creatures to the summon monster lists. And offering more versatility for casters here would go a long way towards making these spells more useful.
    Ask a Loremaster.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Great idea HumanJHawkins

Well, if Codog doesn't regret his decision to start this thread already, he might at the end of day 2.

We are at 5 pages already and it will grow. There are a lot of great ideas here and a chart or "list" of some kind would be extremely helpful both for people to see, track and check dev response.

Otherwise, people will post without reading the 100+ posts prior to their because it becomes unreasonable and inefficient to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanJHawkins View Post
    Hi CoDog,

From your post in the "Newbie" thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=34), I can tell you are well aware of how good ideas get lost in information overload and excessive repetitive discussion. Honestly, I think this is one of the biggest impediments to efficiently reporting and prioritizing ideas.

What we need to solve this, is a moderated "Game Suggestions/Complaints" thread... Or better yet if feasible, a chart. Note, it must be moderated. We have had unmoderated threads like this before, but they immediately fill up with repetition, jokes, and 50 page theses on game theory.

People should be able to propose additions, modifications, etc. However, they shouldn't make it into the thread/chart until a moderator decides they add something meaningful enough to warrant putting them in.

This could probably be done with forum technology, or perhaps an outside web-viewable service like Google Spreadsheet. Most importantly, there should be some indication of status... I.e. We haven't even started considering that yet... We like it and hope to do it someday... We are arguing about this internally and will keep you posted... We're working on it... Or in lucky cases, "It's done, send us cupcakes."

I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers to set this up... I would be one for sure. However, I think it would kind of have to be a Dev thing, as there are bound to be disagreements about priority, wording, whether one issue is the same as another, etc.

Do you think this is something you, Q, T, or E would go for?

It could also act as a FAQ about issues... You could go up there and see that something was reported, got a lot of support, but just isn't going to happen because of some technical or time limitation. Thus, less screaming.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast