Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dog House

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    so in order to make them just right for you, we'd have to apply Horrid Wilting to them, wouldn't we?
    Them's good eatin'.

Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    Them's good eatin'.

mmmmmmmmmmm.. dessicated peeps...
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

hey Codog can you give us an Idea on how many Quests you guys have planned at this time for Mod 6?

The current Build on Risia as given some people the idea that the number of quests may be small. maybe as small as 5.

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Codog/Eladrin, I have a spell question for you.

Will we ever see rangers getting some of their cooler combat buffing spells? I made a list (you knew I would) so have a look at my wish list. (SC=Spell Compendium, PH=Players Handbook for those that do not know)

**EDIT: I also have a wish list of pally spells **

Level 1
    Blades of Fire (SC 31)
    Deep Breath (SC 61)
    Entangle (PH 227)
    Guided Shot (SC 108)
    Hunter's Mercy (SC 117) <---My personal favorite!
    Sniper's Shot (SC 194)
    Surefoot (SC 216)
    Level 2
    Exacting Shot (SC 85)
    Fell the Greatest Foe (SC 90)
    Haste, Swift (SC 110)
    Wind Wall (PH 302)
    Level 3
    Arrow Storm (SC 16)
    Blade Storm (SC 30)
    Blade Thirst (SC 31)
    Find the Gap (SC 91)
    Water Walk (PH 300)
    Level 4
    Foebane (SC 96)

I am also wondering about ranger level 17...and Hide in Plain Sight ability (which I believe is what bugbear assassin's use against us,) will we get it or will we something to replace it as Endurance was replaced?
    forums.ddo.com : the comedic gift that keeps on giving!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Ward
    Then by the magic of the mighty ones, someone from Turbine swung the +5 Banishing Banhammer of Greater Cheating A**hole Bane and scored a Nat. 20.

Idea for you Codog, alittle rogue loving if you will.

Enhancement for high level rogues to make them more desirable in high level offensive groups.

Rogue's critical backstab 1 & 2
    Min lvl 11 & 14
    During any attack that qualifies as a backstab , you recieve an increase in your weapons threat range by 1 & 2.

Or possibly even ty it into stealth.

Rogue's Stealthy Critical 1,2,3, & 4
    Your first attack while sneaking , if unnoticed , has its threat range for critical reduced by 1,2,3, & 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    To do this properly, I would definitely want an intuitive UI for controlling your pet(s), a good solution for leashing your pet to you in cases where they can't possible path to you, good dynamics for "keeping" pets/familiars in between instances, and potentially pet advancement.
    One thing that would go a long way to help, without adding a ton of code would be to create health/mana bars for controlled/friendly NPC's. Its tough to watch over them, if we can't target them effectively. Given the potential to have a ton of these bars, just add them in an expandable list that can be scrolled through. You could also allow for them to be torn off, like the chat tabs. As for giving a little more control over them, why not use the same tech that is used on Coyle and his gang where we can tell them to follow or stop? It may not be a full implementation, but it isn't a hacky one either, since that is the tech that exists.
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    You would be surprised by the "other" ways I gather feed back. I could be in your pug or guild RIGHT NOW!

Um... no. Unlike the other employees at Turbine, I know your voice, MERLASK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustice View Post
    Um... no. Unlike the other employees at Turbine, I know your voice, MERLASK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey.. Remember that one Wizard in your group last week that didn't talk at all?

Yeah.. That could've been her... Just say'n..

My Momma always said: Tricksy is as Tricksy does.. gollum.. gollum..

Bubba-smeagol

Oh no!

They want marshmallow peeps? Ok everybody... I just want to be honest here and tell you why we don't have marshmallow peeps in the game. First off, marshmallow peeps are very difficult to make because their texture. Peeps textures are so complex that they are right out until the min-spec video card is DX10 compliant and support appropriate shaders.

Sorry guys... but I really do... WAIT A SECOND!!! Who invited Tolero to the dog house with her laser pointer and waggly arms?! There are no marshmallow peeps in Eberron!!! Nobody even mentioned peeps until _she_ got here. tsk tsk tsk

If peeps make it onto Dworkin's spreadsheet...

*grumble mumbles off into the dev cave*

--Codog
    You guys had marshmellow peeps in AC2. Just dig out that code from the vault and borrow it. In fact there are a few other things over there you probably should borrow while you are at it.

Just a thought on the double weps requests. Others have mentioned that the staff animation would be very close with some tweaking. Isn't that what they use for the Shining Crescent wep that is Raid loot from the Titan. It looks like a Lajatang but is coded as wielding double sickles. So, it looks like it is doable without too much issue. The only real problem I see is coding the 2 different effects and tying them together. So initial double weps would probably not be able to have different effects, but it would be a start.

I would really like to see chains, but I guess it is the same problem with the animations. They would have to have a completely unique one.
    Snowleopard, Locomotiv Breath, Aqualung, Thickas a Brick, WitchsPromis, Part of the Machine, Coseyed Mary
    No whining, unless you're serving really good cheese. Otherwise, put a cork in it.

I want to dual-wield throwing marshmallow peeps. Get on it people!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Default Spell timer question

Control Undead is a 7th level spell... but why the heck does it have a 45 second timer? This is on a 13 lvl wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    Control Undead is a 7th level spell... but why the heck does it have a 45 second timer? This is on a 13 lvl wizard.
    Good question! I've began using this to help control some of the aggro from undead. They don't seem to break out of easily either.

But yeah.. Why the mega slow refresh rate?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sgmalice View Post
    I just wanted to say first and foremost that the devs here at DDO make the devs at "Blizzard" look like a bunch of apes on an old XT. Even though WoW's got that addicting enviroment (sorry to say), their development and community-feedback is horrible and I find Blizzard employees to be very arrogant and ignorant when it comes to providing a product to their users, rather than creating "their" product for the users. In short the product(s) should (for the most part) be based on what the users desire, as they're the ones consuming it. Blizzard (and I won't rant too much futher on this) doesn't have a clue how to create a balanced "class" engine as when they tweak something it throws off the balance on something else and their class descriptions (mainly stolen content from other fantasy games) do no justice for the intended creation of them.

Codog, you and the other Dev's who have responded to the community represent what developers should be doing in all MMO's. It's very exhausting and crammed with long hours staring at the LCD listening to a mass of people, but rather than flee the masses you guys have decided to represent a really good business model and actually bond with your users/community. I bow and sincerely thank you. I hope things stay that way with DDO as it's definately got a promising future in the MMO market. I'm enjoying DDO quite emmensely and so far, am here to stay.

Now to my questions. (Hehe, you knew there would be some).

To start off with I would like to know if it's being considered to add more lands, continents etc? Also if it permits it can we eventually have player-mounts? If not for the speed increases I think we should at least have horses for the realism and "fun" of riding something.

Lastly, is there going to be an expansion pack of some sort in the works in the near future?
    hehe, I guess Devs are kind of busy, or missed my question.

I was just asking if "new lands" and evenually some sort of "Player mounts" were being considered in future updates/expansions?

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ustice View Post

Who says I use voice these days? I'm not ignorant of the # of podcast listeners, video watchers, and rpers who might know it

I'd be interested to see what a dev reply to this would be, if anyone gets the time.

Thanks,

-DfC
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

I guess I would want to add that the spell list is not as good as it could be. Following DnD is good, but the playstyle is completely different and the spells should be altered to reflect it.

Too many spells that would be useful come at too late a stage in leveling and are never really used (most mass buffs). Due to items or class enahancements mostly.

Too many spells are HD dependent and seem to quickly become completey useless (like scare, death to undeath).

For many levels there are only a few spells many use at all. Third level wiz is a good one. And clerics...ugh. The pure number of slots is great, the pure waste of slots is greater as you level. My high level cleric does not even add spells on his toolbar for most of the 1-3rd level spells.

I just think it is time to break from rigid DnD spell useage and re do it a tad, or a whole lot. DnD was originally and 'very little magic' allowed kinda game. That is why you can only cast a few spells a day and all. The other thing DnD always supported was 'house rules' and modifying the 'GUIDELINES" that the books listed. They were never set in stone 'RULES', but guidelines.

I think this game is awesome but shows some serious flaws in DnD rulesets when added to combat.

Just like the original game's spells, it is time to start adding spells by casters who have been in combat and desire better ones.

So many spells in DnD are just not made for this type of game. I would not mind some rewrites of the spells to make them cooler for this game.

A new spell book could be out....Dungeons and Dragons DDO combat spellbook.

oh yea...when will they implement a flying carpet as a house P 400 favor??? Takes 6 in a party and flys through town!!!
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

I don't know how much leeway they actually have to deviate from P&P. Apparently WoTC does have some say in this, for any that can remember the Divine Favor nerf.
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

We recognize the necessity for making summoned monsters, charmed monsters, and controlled creatures much better. Before we could proudly release the druid a lot of work on the AI will need to be performed. (primarily for the animal companions) To be frank and honest, the original design for the game stated that there would be no pets in the game due to the complex nature of the environments ( jump puzzles, ladders, lava, swimming ) and lack of good path planning solutions at that time. Monsters were designed from the ground up to have fairly simplistic behaviors since it was anticipated that average monster lifespan was going to be relatively short from spawn to death being roughly 20 seconds (if that long).

Why then are summoned, charmed, and controlled monsters in the game? While developing a prototype for wall spells, we didn't have any assets to use and we made the mistake of shoving a kobold in there as a place holder entity. During that week's play day, everybody was casting "wall of kobold" to grief each other and design changed their mind about wanting helpful monsters to cooperate with you. This was really late to make that decision from an engineering perspective.

We recognize pets and the ability to control and command them is a huge desire for the game. We also recognize that being able to break the enchantments and dismiss pets is another big desire. I suppose it is my fault for not placing stop gap solutions in the game for you. However, it has been my fear that if we put in "hacky" short term solutions that the long term solution of overhauling the AI in the game will fall on the backburner. To do this properly, I would definitely want an intuitive UI for controlling your pet(s), a good solution for leashing your pet to you in cases where they can't possible path to you, good dynamics for "keeping" pets/familiars in between instances, and potentially pet advancement.

So in order for this set of features to go forward, we will need to rewrite our AI from its current 'scripty' form into a better architected solution. Right now, charmed monsters literally are real "aggressive to player" monsters that are given a birthday effect of charm on them that also happens to kill them after a certain amount of time. Literally, there are no further ties than that between the caster and the summoned creatures.

We have our work cut out for us. The great news is that our game engine team has improved path planning for our game greatly since launch. We've outlined the steps and have investigated plans for getting where we want to be with these features. There will be subtle changes to our AI over time to achieve these goals. I cannot promise when or if these plans will be executed at high priority. However, I can tell you these features are important to me personally and I want to see them happen.

Best Regards,

Codog

PS. No Kargon, you can't have Tasty Ham constructs as pets.
    Why not just have them snap...ala your soul stone?....get to faraway and boing it's right next to you
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams

Community Member Dworkin_of_Amber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HumanJHawkins View Post
    Cool man. It looks like you have more time than me for this. I'm happy to let you carry the torch. But there are a couple of problems with your spreadsheet (that can be easily solved I think). There needs to be an easy way to separate the clearly desired requests from the ones under debate. And, there needs to be a way to get the more important ones to the top.

That's what the "Love" and "Hate" columns in my spreadsheet were about... How much love has the idea gotten on the forums? How much hate? For example, the request to change the Raid end loot would have a very high value in both of these columns, because there are a lot of people who love, and a lot of other people who hate these suggestions. Thus, in my opinion, any requested change to raid loot would be a high controversy item that should not be allowed to distract from issues that we all agree on.

For example, something like warning users about starting a quest without being at the right stage... Just about everyone was totally for that, and almost no one chimed in to say that, "No, I actually like finishing the VONS without getting credit for it." So this should be at the top of the list without controversial requests distracting from it.

At minimum, there should be a priority column that has all of this thought behind it. Or if you want the data visible, you could do something like the "Love"/"Hate" columns from my spreadsheet. Then, sort the thing to have the high priority/easy ones at the top.

My 2 centavos.

Cheers!
    I agree that some sort of prioritization/categorization is needed... but I didn't want to presume that I should be the one to make those decisions. There are items in that spreadsheet that I completely disagree with, and some I think should be absolute top-priority... but I am not a Dev, nor a Turbine Employee, so I don't think I should be the one to qualify the responses as such. Maybe I'll add a "general consensus" field, to note those that are one-shot requests, greatly agreed, or contentious items... not sure.

Sorry, it's the Project Manager/Product Manager in me coming out here. I see this as a Feature Request List, and I am the Project Manager assigned to gather and collate the requests, not the Product Manager who actually makes the decisions on which features are ranked as such and which ones will be looked at.

Dworkin
    Benedict, Beldin, Dworkin... too many to list
    Founder: Guild of Amber (Mabar/Argo)

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast