Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In Game Warning Systems

Today I got warning from a dev for language. I think that I know the incident hes referring to but I'm not sure. They won't tell you what you said or anything just "language". This seems broken. On the forums my understanding is you know what incident your infraction points are for but they don't tell you in game? Is there any "tally" anywhere where I can see my warnings? If not this system needs serious revamping. You should know what incident the warning is for and be able to see a list of warnings. Also what if someone doesn't know what incident they're getting warned for. How does stop that help if they don't know what that is? Otherwise its just street justice and theres nothing to stop a dev from making up "incidents" and "warning" you. I am not mad about the warning just the system.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Huh?

There would be no reason for a dev to ever make anything up. They can ban you from the game at any time. They dont need to "Pad your Infractions" You already agreed to this when you clicked the little "I agree" box.....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

maybe you were accidentally speaking Swahili or Dutch or something... It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero View Post
    maybe you were accidentally speaking Swahili or Dutch or something... It could happen.
    LOL from the lack of response I'm guessing theres no way to tell how many warnings I have and no one else is put off by this system?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brshelton View Post
    LOL from the lack of response I'm guessing theres no way to tell how many warnings I have and no one else is put off by this system?
    Is there even a point in saying anything about the in game service reps? I think their reputation speaks for itself.

Maybe you swore in their native third world language?

They sure as heck don't have english as first language, that's obvious..
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

it was a gm not a service rep I wont say which one but he is in charge of warning people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by brshelton View Post
    The only thing you need to do is not swearing when playing with 12 years old on speakers, cause his mom will send a ticket to a Gm lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmelanie7 View Post
    The only thing you need to do is not swearing when playing with 12 years old on speakers, cause his mom will send a ticket to a Gm lol
    lol it actually was a 12 year old who reported me i believe....

Community Member

Simple, watch what you say and be respectful of other players... Now if I could only conform to such a thing???? No really though, I've run accross a few people who in party chat have been so rude an offensive, that they offened me, and that's after what 25 years around the construction industry and the fowl lives of the Hollywood entertainment/music industry. just be respectful, and appropriate according to the others in your group.....

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Simple, watch what you say and be respectful of other players... Now if I could only conform to such a thing???? No really though, I've run accross a few people who in party chat have been so rude an offensive, that they offened me, and that's after what 25 years around the construction industry and the fowl lives of the Hollywood entertainment/music industry. just be respectful, and appropriate according to the others in your group.....
    Been in more than one group I would have had to drop if I had a kid in earshot.

If somebody tells me a kid is in group or they have a kid within earshot, I automatically drop group immediatly.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Community Member

I dont' mind palyaing with kids, hey sometimes they're far better players than most of the so-called adults. I simply clean-up my mouth a bit and act respectful.... But I know that's hard for many these days

I dont' mind palyaing with kids, hey sometimes they're far better players than most of the so-called adults. I simply clean-up my mouth a bit and act respectful.... But I know that's hard for many these days
    *cough *cough.....

Hands you a Cupcake One of Many of the O'Rum Ferretus's

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    *cough *cough.....

LOLOLOLOLOL, well Cup my dear... I can of course be Mr. foul-mouthed myself..... But I can adjust according to the group.... I also have no control over where people's minds take my commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    If somebody tells me a kid is in group or they have a kid within earshot, I automatically drop group immediatly.
    IMO that is wrong. How can we cultivate the community if we drop group on younger players.Why not clean up our speak and decide whether to group based on the play of the younger crowd. If no one groups with them;they'll leave. If they have fun;they'll tell friends. Just my opinion.

Dagone

LOLOLOLOLOL, well Cup my dear... I can of course be Mr. foul-mouthed myself..... But I can adjust according to the group.... I also have no control over where people's minds take my commentary
    ::shakes head in disbelief:: All the times I've run with you Smatt; you have been a pillar of decorum. It's all the other yahoo's that seem to group with us that bring you down to their level.

Dagone

Fortunately for me my voice chat doesn't work so I have to type. It's hard to be profane while typing as you have to think first.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    ::shakes head in disbelief:: All the times I've run with you Smatt; you have been a pillar of decorum. It's all the other yahoo's that seem to group with us that bring you down to their level.

Dagone

LOLOLOLOLOL, Yes Dagone... I'm the perfect little devil in angels clothes, just waiting for the chance to bew released...

Naw, on a serious note... One should really adjust their behavior, spoken and written according to the gorup they're in. If oyu knwo everybody, that's one thing.. But if you're not sure, you jsut have tobe a bit more respectful.. Even adults get offended by many comments..... Man, I had an old guildie who went into anti-gay, and racial BS once... I promptly left group..... And later let it be known to him that would not be tolerated anymore. If you want to act certain ways or have certain beliefs, that's fine... But don't impose those upon others...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    IMO that is wrong. How can we cultivate the community if we drop group on younger players.Why not clean up our speak and decide whether to group based on the play of the younger crowd. If no one groups with them;they'll leave. If they have fun;they'll tell friends. Just my opinion.

Dagone
    It isnt about the language, it is about havng had kids not knowing what they are doing (even at high levels) or having people with kids having to go AFK multiple times or whatever.

I mean if I do not know you, why would I have somebody limit my game playing enjoyment???? This makes no sense.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast