Leuthilspar, capital of the isle Evermeet in the Trackless Sea

Default Level 3 wizards unable to cast 2nd lvl spells?

Today I have come across a wonderful issue with wizards. According to the DDO manual, level 3 wizards should be able to cast (4) first level spells, and (2) second level spells. Currently, one of my wizard characters is level 3 rank 11 and should be able to cast (4) first level spells and (2) second level spells. I have all the second level spells inscribed, and I also have a stack of (1000) level 2 spell components. At the moment of posting this thread, I am standing in a tavern waiting for a GM to answer my ticket, and I cannot select any spells whatsoever from my level 2 spell list. I am completely unable to view my level 2 spells that I have inscribed, and am unable to select any level 2 spells to be memorized. Has anyone else ever expierienced this? And, by the way, if you GM's are reading this, please have a look at my ticket. Veldoreth, Sarlona server.
    Sarlona
    Proud member of Soulless
    Alts: Shaedra, Eth, Plasmatic, Meija, Elbryth, Gandrial, Veldoreth, Eldryn

yes if your int is 11 or less.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Thx for pointing that out, however the intelligence on this character is at 23. Max int for drow of 20 at creation, then have a +2 puzzle cap, and elf intelligence enhancement of +1, grand total of 23. Should be plenty high enough to cast level 2 spells I would imagine.
    Sarlona
    Proud member of Soulless

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    yes if your int is 11 or less.
    I made a (failed) attempt at a WD Barbarian/Wizard. First time I tried to cast spells, I found out my int was too low

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryn View Post
    Thx for pointing that out, however the intelligence on this character is at 23. Max int for drow of 20 at creation, then have a +2 puzzle cap, and elf intelligence enhancement of +1, grand total of 23. Should be plenty high enough to cast level 2 spells I would imagine.
    I was just trying to help, had that issue come up with my pally the other day....
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

did you try logging out and back in?

What happens when you try to inscribe a lvl 2 spell?

Also, silly question, you did take your lvl 2 spells when you levelled-up, didn't ya?
    ~ Slayer of the Unwashed, Vice Chair for Disinterest & Apathy of the Grand & Glorious Brotherhood
    of the Soooo Not Politically Correct, and Nefarious Devourer of Frosted Goodness ~

…clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am…

I inscribed all the level 2 spell scrolls when I was level 1, and had success each time with each spell. When I levelled up, I was unable to choose two second level spells, because I already had them all inscribed. Just to make sure, I went and got another level 2 spell scroll and some level 2 inscription components and tried to inscribe the spell. It said I already knew that spell. Finally, I ended up logging out and then back in and that remedied the problem. Very weird bug. Oh well, but thanks to everyone who offered help!
    Sarlona
    Proud member of Soulless