Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

um how have you done the mod 6 boss lorien? is it on risia yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hypothetical example my dear don't read too deeply into that ^^

she called you "my dear"

I'm so jealous

keep up the good work, seeya next GenCon

Ryan, aka: Shaamis "Kegtapper" BloodAxe
    Shaamis is REBORN!

Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!!

lol yay im a dear! too late tolero i read too deep yay she leaked mod 6 raid details!

Quote Originally Posted by Dane McArdy View Post
    HA! You used my Koo koo pants!

Now if anyone can tell me where koo koo pants comes from, I will uber impressed.
    No clue, but a search of Wikipedia brings up Chuck Norris as the first match:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_Vengeance

I was amused.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Good idea, thanks for giving these posts and posters a home.

Good luck enforcing the rules: Unfortunately, the same reasons that led you to feel compelled to type out the rules also virtually guaranty that the rules won't be followed....

Of course, you could name the new bragging forum "THE PIT" and just let users go nutso in there. Frankly, I think that would be kinda cool as those going in would be "on notice" of what they're getting into...

Oh, new T-Shirt idea: "DDO PIT FIGHTING - Redefining PvP"

Default Thank you so much Turbine!

...for giving us a place to be funny.

.....and not get in trouble.

.....yet.

This forum is now my unofficial fave. I've been giggling like a little schoolgirl for hours now.

Borr.

Edit: I vote for "awesomeness" thread to be TotW.
    Ghallanda - The a team
    Borrigain Gnollslayer : Lorraidyn Terrakaen : Philonius Purge
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous

This is a great addition to the DDO forums! Thanks guys!
    .o.0.o.All who are SYN are forever.o.0.o.

Community Member

Talking Myth Busters: Bragging on the forums & a special update

Oh Dang....I'd better stay outta this paticular forum...
    Sheesh...This W.E.O.D.O.M would be in trouble just coming thru the door...
    Hard to walk with 12" foam pads on muddy boots, and Crutchs....
    There'd be all kinds of broken eggy shells every where....
    Rip
    Rap
    Rizzen
    ratten...
    AARRRGGGGHHHH...
    Walks away mumbling....SHEESH....

Proud Founder and remaining life Charter Member of the W.E.O.D.O.M club
    Careful what ya say, got a thousand comebacks for every comment left open ended!!!.....HEHEHE

W.E.O.D.O.M = Wicked Evil Onery Dirty Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by ehondajim View Post
    HMMMM???

http://www.sleepyheads.com/Browse_by...d_Pajama_Pants

If I'm right, I cheated.

If I'm wrong I used an exploit.
    Bbbbrrrzzzzttttt

Not even close! But thanks!

Pravda Anyone?

Good idea and a very nice addition to the forums guys! I also found your explanation of what is (and what is not) acceptable, to be most thorough.

However--given that I now know the player base does not consist of infant monkeys whacking a keyboard (yes, it was shocking to discovered this)--it makes me a bit sad that it was needful for you to give such bare-bones examples of what makes a person enjoyable to chat with, verses what makes them slightly less appealing than contracting zombie rot in the hooty-hoo region.

But, unfortunately, it was needed, so thank you for the breakdown on civility as well.
    Thelanis: Mithran, Mithrana, Aggrond, Arcanned, Ainadan, and others

Community Member BlueLightBandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Myth Busters: Bragging Edition & New Community Feature

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Tolero, I've got an enormous amount of respect for your accomplishments and what you did even before hired on by Turbine... that being said I have to respectfully disagree with the direction you seem to be pushing here.

Let me start off by saying I think the bragging is simply ignorant, but there are a lot of other threads on here that contain abusive and condescending posts without ever mentioning accomplishments. So monitoring the "bragging" threads like the nuns at my catholic school really changes very little.

Agreement is no discussion, and a discussion with no disagreement is awfully boring and pretty much eliminates the need for actual conversation. If you really wanted to be able to remove all feelings and emotions from the discussion, why not simply create a template with spaces for Character Name, Guild Name, Quest Name, Time of Completion, and a screenshot, and then allow a fixed number of responses selectable from a drop down menu of choices, a la "What was your group makeup?" "What weapons did you use?" "What was your end reward?" and so on and so forth.

I think Voltaire said it best when he said "I disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." (Let's not get into an arguement about whether this is a democracy or whatever. It's not, I know that. But being able to freely address your complaints is something that is an inherent need of mankind, and dates back as far as recorded history. Besides, it's one of the "inalienable rights" granted by the US Constitution. Canadians are just out of luck.)

(Dude, that was a joke, lighten up)

I personally think that people should be able to post the other side of the coin (and there's ALWAYS an "other side"). If I think the group had taken advantage of an exploit, I should be able to post my thoughts on it. That DOES NOT mean I can criticize the player or the guild, only the tactic used and why that I think it's not fair. Under your specific examples that would be an unacceptable post. Again, this is something that should be noticed in EVERY thread, is that certain people (and they tend to repeat themselves) go completely askew from topic, and berate a poster, as opposed to discussing the topic.

Personally I feel any post that leaves the discussion to argue a single unrelated point is worse than a thousand bragging threads. Why? Because the majority of mature posters on here can smell a bragging thread a mile away, but will often be forced to "defend themselves" against a vehement off-topic attack on their person or guild. We know when to agree or disagree or congratulate or simply stay away from certain posts... but when someone directs the discussion onto us, we tend to lose sight of that.

My point is that if you guys are going to moderate the threads, keep an eye out for the posts that leave topic to berate and attack individual posters, as opposed to discussing the pros and cons of the topic. The idea is that you give infractions appropriately for those things, and those people who either know the rules and don't follow the rules or are too obtuse to follow the rules are given enough points so that their ability to communicate is severely limited. My problem, and I have posted it before, is that the moderating rules have not been established and enforced properly because posters that routinely harass and berate, keep coming back.

If we truly are going to be a ponies and flowers and rainbows forum from here on out, I'll gladly take my cue and leave. But don't expect me to go out without at least a fight.

And to all the Forum Moderators, nobody said you have an easy job, and very few of us envy the tasks you accomplish on a daily basis. But it takes a heckuva lot more than a severe finger wagging session to quiet a rowdy mob. My only suggestion would be to make infraction points public, and mark the infraction-earning posts clearly, so we as posters and members of the community would see what is allowable and what is not.
    Voice Chatter Apotheosis - If you don't know, you betta axe somebody.
    Dominici * Domminici * Domiinici * Dominnici * Dominicci * Dominicii
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarion View Post
    No no...you're not supposed to LIKE it... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    No clue, but a search of Wikipedia brings up Chuck Norris as the first match:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_Vengeance

I was amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by That's MISTER Norris to you
    That’s pain friend, and it could get a lot worse.
    Awesome btw... but could we stay on topic?

(Or is self-moderating a no-no?)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLightBandit View Post
    Awesome btw... but could we stay on topic?

(Or is self-moderating a no-no?)
    This is in grave danger of becoming moorewr's "why Chuck Norris hates America thread" and then be closed by the moderators, so let's skip it.

of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    This is in grave danger of becoming moorewr's "why Chuck Norris hates America thread" and then be closed by the moderators, so let's skip it.
    I beg your pardon, but the real forum's Chuck Norris has his user's signature as signed U S A U S A and location is Americatown.

Chuck loves America.

I <3 Chuck. Gonna miss you buddy -- off to officer boot camp I go.

Also, did Tolero cover the possible rules in the achievement forums revolving around mom jokes and nice things one might say about one's mother? After all, my mom rules because she brings us milk and cookies while we're in the dungeon.... *drum roll*

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    I <3 Chuck.
    I'm glad you like him. Moving right along...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLightBandit View Post

I personally think that people should be able to post the other side of the coin (and there's ALWAYS an "other side"). If I think the group had taken advantage of an exploit, I should be able to post my thoughts on it. That DOES NOT mean I can criticize the player or the guild, only the tactic used and why that I think it's not fair. Under your specific examples that would be an unacceptable post. Again, this is something that should be noticed in EVERY thread, is that certain people (and they tend to repeat themselves) go completely askew from topic, and berate a poster, as opposed to discussing the topic.

Personally I feel any post that leaves the discussion to argue a single unrelated point is worse than a thousand bragging threads. Why? Because the majority of mature posters on here can smell a bragging thread a mile away, but will often be forced to "defend themselves" against a vehement off-topic attack on their person or guild. We know when to agree or disagree or congratulate or simply stay away from certain posts... but when someone directs the discussion onto us, we tend to lose sight of that.
    You raise some interesting points BlueLightBandit, but one thing to consider is just because one person THINKS another exploited, doesn't make it so. So accusations start flying around and, like you said, Accusations force many calm people to start to vehemently defend themselves. I think that one can leave it to the Devs to determine if an exploit was used. And if they say an exploit wasn't used, but the accusations still come up in posts... is this fair?

But i agree whole heartedly with the highlighted portion. Having grown up in a large family of opinionated people I have always enjoyed "disagreement" when it is in the spirit of healthy debate. But unfounded arguments and accusations "because I'M right" should never be considered acceptable posting.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Im agree with BlueLightBandit that the way that someway moderators are taking some forums is someway way off the right road, you should check every posts not just some posts if you want efficiently moderate it.

Anyway im too belive is not really a good idea this kind of new forum, im seen from many other games fan forums that this kind of sub-forum is not really efficient. But im like the idea as was already proposed that must include a strong description of the achivement, so we everything may have an interesting feedback and learn something from it.

So by sample if guild x defeated raid boss, should type not just my xxx guild completed raid #5, but instead my guild xxx today completed raid #5 with the following party 2 cleric, 3 casters, 2 bards, 1 rogue, 4 melee in 1hour and we got 1 named item, 1 xx vorpal and 1 +3 wis tome, our tactic: we let the melees tank the boss, while 1 cleric spam healing on them, the casters nuke the mini monsters, the rogue disarmed the big trap, the bards keep singing doing nothing else (lol like i always do) and the left cleric was refilling the other cleric mana. In this way we could have more interesting viewpoints, and promote the positive feedback, else in a week we gonna see 100 topics of same boring reading....Got a new +1 tome of dexterity by dextomefinder.

Edit:
    By the way can we have flamming/burning sub-forums plz?, those for high spamers where we can troll in safelly?, are good and really fun , and a good way to relax & stress out too specially needed when you were killed N+1 times on X or Y quest
    Last edited by Zorlinta; 11-30-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    ARGOMABAR Server
    Zorlinta Freespirit- Korlana Malataza
    Yeah, finally updated the signature so?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    You raise some interesting points BlueLightBandit, but one thing to consider is just because one person THINKS another exploited, doesn't make it so. So accusations start flying around and, like you said, Accusations force many calm people to start to vehemently defend themselves. I think that one can leave it to the Devs to determine if an exploit was used. And if they say an exploit wasn't used, but the accusations still come up in posts... is this fair?

But i agree whole heartedly with the highlighted portion. Having grown up in a large family of opinionated people I have always enjoyed "disagreement" when it is in the spirit of healthy debate. But unfounded arguments and accusations "because I'M right" should never be considered acceptable posting.
    I agree completely. What I'm saying is that I should be able to say exactly that... "I THINK abc and xyz."

The flip side of that is that abc and xyz should never be condescending, judgemental, or basically targeted AT a poster.

The post "I think you cheated." is not in-and-of-itself a harrassing post. "I think you cheated because you're a weak player" is a totally different bag of peanuts. Tolero's guidebook doesn't delineate between the two, they're both outlawed.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

We have been watching posts very carefully. Unfortunately the behavior perpetuates on a regular and enduring basis, and not always by the "same" people. Time and time again we explain what behavior is acceptable and not acceptable, in the closed posts, in private messages, in broader messages to the community, and time and time again the same behavior is exhibited by a broad audience.

Think of it like a dangerous intersection. Road systems have laws that govern how you may drive on certain sections (highway, neighborhood, etc). Despite this, some intersections are more prone to accidents, and have fatality rates to accompany this. Therefor, traffic lights or stop signs are erected to curtail the high fatality rate of dangerous intersections. We would much rather provide a feature for the community than scolding players ad nauseum, so we thought we would give this approach a try.

As to the discussion of the infraction system and the prohibition of discussion of disciplinary action, we can continue in PM Blue, as my example has a high probability of derailing into talk of politics, which is also a "dangerous intersection."

We value feedback. Implementation of a feature - in game, forum, or otherwise - is bound to prompt the need to monitor feed back related to that feature. Therefor, we appreciate the constructive and polite criticism that has been brought forth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast