Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Community Member Twerpp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane
    Posts
    3,301

    Default Docent and Armor Bracer stacking question

    Ok I never did a WF without a body feat so heres my question
    Armor bracers are a bonus as if it was the armor you are wearing, like if you had studded leather on for example.
    Docents are like the enhancement bonus on armor, like if it were +5 on the armor.
    So can you wear +6 armor bracers and +5 docent on a WF with no body feat and get +11 ac? I dont get the mechanics on this one and dont have a WF to test, mine has addy body. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Hay buddy
    Long and short is no. Both are an armor bonus and do not stack. It should be the highest number wins but it usually seems that actual armor with an enchantment bonus trumps armor bracers.
    StageFive Clinger 16 CLR - TheDolphinn 12PAL/4FT - HowIRole Rog15/FTR1 - TheDolphin RGR12/FTR4 - DrLove 16 Wiz - LoveMachine BRD9/ROG2/FTR1 - DoctorLove 2 MONK
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

  3. #3
    Community Member Twerpp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    So would a WF with no body feat get +6 bracers or +5 docent? WF are just so gimped when it comes to AC, I get to a higher level and put on better gear and it feels like my AC actually went down LOL! Not that that was the focus on my 2h build but still....

  4. #4
    DDO Catalog MrCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    7,316

    Default

    No body feat = 2 AC
    +5 Docent = +5 Enhancement AC
    Total AC from armor = 7 AC

    Bracers with +6 AC = 6 AC

    +5 Docent wins.



    When it comes to very high DEX Composite Plated Warforged or Mithril Body Warforged they tend to have AC that rivals most flesh bags of equivalent high end AC-based armor.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    So would a WF with no body feat get +6 bracers or +5 docent? WF are just so gimped when it comes to AC, I get to a higher level and put on better gear and it feels like my AC actually went down LOL! Not that that was the focus on my 2h build but still....
    How are they Gimped?

    Composite Plating = Studded Leather

    Mithral = Mithral Breastplate

    Adamantine = Full Plate

    Docents go to +5 Just like Armor. So a WF with Adamantine Plating and a +5 Docent has the same AC Potential as a Fleshy with +5 Adamantine Full Plate COrrect?

    The lose a potential of 2 Dex bonus from Mithral Full Plate.... I wouldnt call 2 AC "So Gimped"
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  6. #6
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    How are they Gimped?

    Composite Plating = Studded Leather

    Mithral = Mithral Breastplate

    Adamantine = Full Plate

    Docents go to +5 Just like Armor. So a WF with Adamantine Plating and a +5 Docent has the same AC Potential as a Fleshy with +5 Adamantine Full Plate COrrect?

    The lose a potential of 2 Dex bonus from Mithral Full Plate.... I wouldnt call 2 AC "So Gimped"
    Correct, except that Composite Plating has no max DEX, so is better than Studded Leather. Potentially, Composite with +5 Docent is like wearing Armored Bracers +7 and Robe for a high DEX characters. Except that by wearing +5 docent, you lose out on some potentially powerful docent prefix/suffix combos.

    My WF Wiz did the opposite and for a long time stuck with +5 Armor Bracers and a +1 Fearsome Docent of Mod Fort.

  7. #7
    DDO Catalog MrCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    7,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier
    +1 Fearsome Docent of Mod Fort
    *Drools uncontrollably*
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

  8. #8
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    *Drools uncontrollably*
    But, then I got the Head of Good Fortune (Mod Fort). So, I banked my Ventilated Bracers (Armor+5) and +1 Fearsome Mod Fort in favor of +3 Fearsome Docent and empty wrist slot (currently STR for loot carrying capacity). The new docent doesn't look as cool, but it'll do. It's a shame you're not on Argonnessen, else I could hook you up.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    But, then I got the Head of Good Fortune (Mod Fort). So, I banked my Ventilated Bracers (Armor+5) and +1 Fearsome Mod Fort in favor of +3 Fearsome Docent and empty wrist slot (currently STR for loot carrying capacity). The new docent doesn't look as cool, but it'll do. It's a shame you're not on Argonnessen, else I could hook you up.
    Gimme Gimme....immediately I'll hook you up with something....I am soon to have multiple warforged casters on Argo. I need 2 of these.
    Last edited by Aspenor; 11-06-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload