Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Default Problems with ABBOT changes!

For this post i will assume that the -10 Stat penalty is still in effect for those who have died durring the raid.

Assuming that if someone dies than they get a - 10 Stat penalty throughout the raid, and is only curable in a tavern.

A problem with this that I see at a glance is that if a low stat or low strength character dies durring the raid than not only are they penalized durrring the raid itself, but this will limit the capacity for that character to loot the main chest, hence limiting the raid loot to those that survived the entire time, or have a high STR and no stats under 11.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CIuB View Post
    For this post i will assume that the -10 Stat penalty is still in effect for those who have died durring the raid.

Assuming that if someone dies than they get a - 10 Stat penalty throughout the raid, and is only curable in a tavern.

A problem with this that I see at a glance is that if a low stat or low strength character dies durring the raid than not only are they penalized durrring the raid itself, but this will limit the capacity for that character to loot the main chest, hence limiting the raid loot to those that survived the entire time, or have a high STR and no stats under 11.
    The -10 stat penalty died a horrible death *long* ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CIuB View Post

Your reading and replying to a post thats nearly 2 years old. The raid has been updated a dozen times since then.

The -10 to stats penalty was long since removed.

However - the devs actually did think of the problem your thinking of - cant loot while helpless. The solution was to spawn a rest shrine once the raid was completed. The penalty was removed upon using the shrine and you could then loot.

Tho I remember a funny situation making it hard for people to loot on a completion I was on years ago.. At the end there were encasements all over the place and we had no asteroids to break em.. One was right on the chest and several were on and around the shrines.. This was the original version tho - where the encasement death negative energy dmg and turned you to stone if you got too close...
    So we couldn't even loot until we rest and bufffed up - to cast freedom of mvement and deathward on everyone.

What was funny was one of our clerics cast greater dispell on some people as they tried to loot - turning them into stone lol.. Then kept healing to keep them alive so they couldnt loot (as the only way to escape the encasement was to die and rez again). Was pretty funny.

Holy resurrected threads.

Saw this after peeking from Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickpa View Post
    I should point out that my only LOTD character is my rogue. I truly love getting to the beholder, but that's where it ends. I suspect that I will hate the final raid even more.... if I ever see it. When I finally complete it, I expect to be as disappointed as I was after running the no loot VON6, no loot Demon Queen, no loot Titan, and now the no loot Reaver.
    I wonder if he means no usable raid loot for a rogue....perhaps he actually means Rouge instead? Common mistake

If you expect me to be serious, you'll have to pay me. I only accept Quatloos.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

Default WHoops

Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riorik View Post
    Holy resurrected threads.

Saw this after peeking from Jan 2009

I wonder if he means no usable raid loot for a rogue....perhaps he actually means Rouge instead? Common mistake

If you expect me to be serious, you'll have to pay me. I only accept Quatloos.
    This thread is truly a classic. It has the post Eladrin probably regrets the most(http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=30) for how awesome it is to quote out of context. It has the degeneration of a raid from completed at great difficulty to ghost town. It has it all.

RoAR! who remembers whn this thread was awakened last? Classic stuff here!

Over 5 years later, it's still broke!

Last edited by Zzevel; 01-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Community Member

Wow, this brought back some very BAD memories of perhaps the WORST raid debut in DDO history. The Abbot has been a mess form day 1.... It was fixed to some extent pre- U-11ME after beign completely reworked by Eladrin, but then was completely destroyed yet again, with U-11ME, which continues to this day. I guess too many people were running it....

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Wow, this brought back some very BAD memories of perhaps the WORST raid debut in DDO history. The Abbot has been a mess form day 1.... It was fixed to some extent pre- U-11ME after beign completely reworked by Eladrin, but then was completely destroyed yet again, with U-11ME, which continues to this day. I guess too many people were running it....
    I actually though the original debut of the abbot was one of the most fun raids in the game. It had everything:
    -Extremely challenging (but beatable) bossfight
    -Awesome raidloot (esp when cap was 14)
    -No annoying repeat timer
    -No annoying puzzles needed to be done

It only got bad in mod5.1 when they made it straight impossible to win.

Just updated history article on the wiki about this if u wanan check it:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ascension_Chamber/old

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I actually though the original debut of the abbot was one of the most fun raids in the game. It had everything:
    -Extremely challenging (but beatable) bossfight
    -Awesome raidloot (esp when cap was 14)
    -No annoying repeat timer
    -No annoying puzzles needed to be done

It only got bad in mod5.1 when they made it straight impossible to win.

Just updated history article on the wiki about this if u wanan check it:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ascension_Chamber/old
    Did you update it with the fac tthey made it impossible out of spite of all the players who used several different exploits when it debutted? And left it so for what 2 years or so?

Community Member

dose anyone know what server ppl play black abbott?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintentsions View Post
    Cannith has regular groups in the LFM panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintentsions View Post
    On Orien join Titan channel.
    2 times per week (Tuesdays and Saturdays) player Item hosts raids:
    - Elite Titan (one or two groups at once)
    - then 3 x Elite Abbot runs in a row (sometimes 4 runs, depends on how many players want to do it)

Wow, this thread is absolutely spectacular.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849