Default The Tale of the Undines Sisters

Some of you may have seen some of my toons, such as Nereid, around Stormreach. A lot of people send me tells about my bios. Since I've been getting such a positive response to them (and there isn't enough characters in the bio area) I've decided to post the full stories of all my toons here. Some you may be familiar with such as Nereid or Seraphimn, others such as Sylphy, haven't been seen by most people. I hope you enjoy them :

~*~Nereid~*~

The young, female Drow runs through the woods with her hand resting upon the scepter on her waist, in pursuit of something. She's out of breath but what's driving her is far more powerful than physical limitations. As she gets deeper into the woods her target is indentified, a priestess. She raises her scepter outward and as magic builds in the air around her, a bolt of energy is released and strikes the priestess, knocking her off her feet and onto the ground. The priestess turns around to face Nereid. Her mask, which was made of the various bones of creatures is broken in half, revealing a twisted smile belonging to a deranged Drow. The priestess' name is Sylphy.

Nereid approaches her slowly, her scepter ready to fire again. Sylphy laughs, "I wondered when I would be seeing you again." "Well you didn't think it was over did you," responds Nereid. Sylphy gets on her feet, "Oh of course not, but I expected to see you under more...grim conditions." Nereid laughs, "Oh trust me, these conditions will be grim, for one of us..."

Nereid Undines was born into a royal lineage. Most would expect a princess to learn diplomacy, however for Nereid it was more grim. A prophecy appointed Nereid as the protector of her kingdom. She spent her childhood learning the arcane arts, which she had a talent for. However, even though her power's purpose was to protect her kingdom, its origin was rooted in darkness. They once belonged to a dark deity. By stealing the life force of mortals, Nereid could channel the power into a force to strike the spirit opposed to the flesh of demons and gods. She stepped up to defend her kingdom for the first time, at the tender age of sixteen, and continued to do so successfully for six years. She fell in love with man who also had a talent for the arcane arts, however what she didn't know was that he was a god. When she opened her heart up to him, he seized the opportunity to strike her down. He brought down the Veil of Night over her kingdom, choking the life from it and allowing monsters, demons, deities, and gods who were imprisoned to roam freely under his domain. Nereid fled to the depths of the castle, where a power that rivals that of a god was buried. What she didn't know was that the god knew of this, and tried to seize it, but failed in his attempt, since it could only be opened by an heir to the throne. Sylphy, is his most trusted adviser, and to keep Nereid from using the power to banish them, she put a curse on the power. When Nereid reached it, she was struck by a dark power, and a curse was put upon her. The curse is slowly killing her. Drained of all energy, Nereid fled her kingdom so that she may live to free it. She must accomplish two things first. To break the curse she must destroy the source of it's power, Sylphy. And to rid her kingdom of it's dark ruler, she must render him mortal by destroying the altar he was risen from. Nereid cast a spell to freeze her heart so love could never overtake her again...

"As nice as it was to see you again, I must cut this short, he calls for me," says Sylphy. Nereid begins to call upon her power to destroy Sylphy. Sylphy's smile turns into a grimace, "this isn't over..." Nereid unleashes her power and a power fills the forest as all shadows disappear and vision is blinded by the intense light. However it is too late, Sylphy is gone...

~*~Seraphimn~*~

The Human Priestess runs down the dark, temple corrridors, pursued by a group of demons. The paths twist and turn and moments later she finds herself against the wall of a dead end. The dimly glowing torches show nothing more than a few feet in front of her before being consumed in the darkness. Moments pass by quietly, but Seraphimn can feel them rapidly approaching, in an instant the demons leap into the light and towards her. She clasps her hands and bows her head, calling upon her power to smite them. A bright light emits from her body and pulses outward leaving the demons in a pile of ash. She untenses and lets out a sigh of relief. Just then a demon grasps for her and is torn in half by a slice of light. It's Tasmira. Tasmira laughs, "You missed one." Seraphimn walks towards Tasmira, and her hands begin to glow, she reaches past Tasmira and places her hands on the face of a demon who was sneaking up on them, he turns to dust. Seraphimn raises an eyebrow, "So did you."

Seraphimn once believed that if you honor your gods, they will provide and protect you. She spent her days within church walls praying and preaching the word of her god. It wasn't uncommon to see many Paladins who shared the same beliefs living at the church. However, one day the head of her church received a letter and had to leave on urgent business. While he was gone they were put under siege and the temple burned down, no prisoners, everyone was to be killed. The letter was a trick, and the head of the church was slain. Seraphimn managed to escape by jumping off the roof into a river. Her unconscious body floated down stream to a nearby town, where she was given aid. Once she was able to leave, she did. She gave up the beliefs she once had and decided to use her powers as a high priestess to take up a more active role in fighting for justice. She began using her Clerical magic to smite evil. She heard rumors, that the cult who worshiped the dark pantheon that burned down her temple had a shrine nearby. She headed to it and in a swift and powerful blow, took it out. In a cell below the shrine she found the recently murdered form of a paladin, Tasmira, which was used as a sacrifice. Seraphimn remembers that the same day her church was burned down, Tasmira came there to learn the ways of light. Seraphimn restored Tasmira, and ever since they have been wandering together smiting evil. Seraphimn heard tales of a temple that led straight to the Pantheon of Light. When Tasmira and her arrived, they were ambushed by another sect of the cult they previously vanquished. Even though Seraphimn and Tasmira won the fight, Seraphimn was cursed. Her healing power prevented her from getting the full force of the curse, but she is now permanently blind. However even though she is blind she can see what is true and pure, and she is guided by an divine presence that is familiar but unrecognizable to her. She now seeks to cleanse the land of this mysterious cult once and for all.

~*~Tasmira~*~

Swish. Tasmira's blade cuts through a tree limb. "Why am I searching for herbs for Seraphimn? She should be out here and I should be off fighting all sorts of evil wherever it may dwell." Swish. She cuts through another tree limb. Swish. Swish. Tasmira continues to wander through the forest. "Ah, there's that herb, now I can get back to Seraphimn and leave this place." As Tasmira gets down to pick some of the herbs, she finds a necklace composed of an emerald green gemstone and a silver chain half-buried in the dirt. She picks it up and stares into the stone. Her mind wanders off...

Tasmira was once apart of a mercenary guild. They would kill anyone regardless of title or importance for the right price. And no one was better at it than Tasmira. She looked at life as a boring existence, and this was the one thing that made it interesting. However she thought that the people she was sent out to kill were criminals. When she found out her guild was killing innocent people simply for money, she turned her back on them. She continued to act as if nothing was wrong, but she struck up a deal with the countries guard. She would reveal to them the identities of everyone in the guild and help catch them committing their crimes. The head of her guild found out about her dealing with the guard and sent her on a mission. The mission was to kill a diplomat from Reidra, who was supposedly spying in Stormreach. When she arrived at the inn he was staying at, she found it empty, excluding about a dozen of her guild's mercenaries. She struck down all of them but one, who lived only to deliver a message to her previous guild. She was done with them. She came across a church and went in to pray for forgiveness, but when she got there she ended up deciding to stay and learn their ways. On her way inside the church she passed a pale, sickly looking man wearing an emerald green gemstone on a silver chain. His eyes locked with hers and she felt something was wrong with him. Later that day the church was attacked and burned down, the assault was led by the sickly looking man. Tasmira was captured and was to be used as a sacrifice to their god. Tasmira was carved open and was left to bleed to death on the altar. Seraphimn came upon Tasmira's body and brought her back to life. Since that day, they've been searching to destroy the cult. Tasmira is unknowingly a vessel in which the demons her and Seraphimn vanquish are imprisoned...

"Tasmira!" Tasmira awakes from her day dream. "Tasmira where are you," calls Seraphimn. "I'm over here," replies Tasmira. She stuffs the necklace in her full plate, grabs the basket of herbs and walks towards Seraphimn...

~*~Lailla~*~

Lailla treads carefully through the mansion. It is night, and all is dark, illuminated only by the flash of lightning every now and then. She walks towards the door at the opposite end of the room. "This is too easy." She scans the room. She sees a book case in the middle of an isolated wall. "Interesting place for a bookcase." She walks over to it and carefully scans behind it. A thin wire runs up the wall and across the ceiling, it runs through a pin-sized hole next to the door. "Hmm." She cuts the wire and ties it around one of the books to hold it in place. She walks back towards the door and opens it slowly, the trap doesn't go off. The door leads to a room with three other doors. The west door leads to a hallway filled with more doors. The east door leads to a study. However, the door on the north end of the room is locked. She pulls a couple thin, long, metal tools out and gets to work. Click. The door is unlocked. She walks in and a Troll charges for her. She tumbles behind the Troll and pulls out two blades. The troll turns and knocks her against the wall, she drops her blades. She elbows the troll to get some distance between him and herself. He charges back towards her. She lets him get a bit closer and swings her leg in a crescent motion past his face. He falls to the floor, covered in blood. The spring-loaded blades in her boots took care of him, and even if he had managed to survive, the poisoned they were laced with would take care of him. She spots the jewel her guild was here to steal, grabs it, and heads back outside. Her guild is waiting for her. She throws the jewel to the leader. "How'd it go," he asks. "You never said they would have a troll guarding it," Lailla replies. "'Cause I didn't know, that's an interesting means of protection though, I knew there was more to this jewel than that Paladin let us believe..."

Lailla was abandoned as a child. Her family's guards drove her to the outskirts of a small town and drove off in the caravan, without her. Lailla was forced to fend for herself and so she learned to fight at an early age. She met the leader of a guild of thieves on his way through town. He looked after her and so she went with him. He taught her the ways of a thief. She had a natural talent for it. She even laces all her blades with poison, which she learned how to mix from an apothecary. She now provides the muscle...and brains for her guild's operations. Lailla doesn't like stealing, but she feels like she owes her guild leader for looking after her.

~*~Sylphy~*~

Sylphy has known many names, witch, siren, banshee. However she is but a high priestess to a dark, nameless god. Sylphy was once a bard who sang and danced in Stormreach for money to survive. One day a member of the city guard was passing by and took notice of her. He offered to buy her a drink and a meal at a nearby tavern and so she went with him. As the night came to an end she said good night and was off to find a place to sleep. However the guard followed her, when he caught up with her he beat and raped her, and left her in the harbor. When she came to she found her wounds healed and she was in a bed at an inn. Next to her bed sat a man who apparently had been waiting on her to wake up. When she noticed him she was frightened and tried to scream, but she had become mute. The man told her that he had saved her life by healing her, but it cost something that was important to her, her voice. He asked her if she wanted revenge on the man who caused this to happen to her. She nodded her head. He made a deal with Sylphy, if she would serve him without question, he would give her, her voice back. She agreed. So he did. Sylphy found the guard standing at his post later that night. She disguised herself in a robe and mask, and convinced him to follow her to a nearby inn for some "fun," which he did. Once they got in the room she toyed with him before revealing her identity to him. When he saw her face he tried to reach for his sword but he found himself paralyzed by a spell. Sylphy began to sing a haunting melody. The song brought them into a reality composed of his deepest fears. Sylphy carved "I SHALL NOT SIN" into his back and let his blood drain. She made a mask with his bones. The next day when the guards found him his skin was dark and shriveled, his body was cursed and his soul was bound into the bones of the mask. Her mask has a bone from every one of her victims, and their souls are bound to it. Their souls whisper dark thoughts into her mind slowly driving away her sanity, and with every new victim she loses more and more of her sanity. She serves her god without question, killing and sacrificing for him. However, she found the killing invigorating and began doing it for enjoyment. She put a curse upon Nereid and the curse is slowly killing her. If Nereid ever hopes to break the curse she must destroy not only Sylphy's body, but her soul. This isn't an easy task for Nereid. Sylphy can shape shift and isn't easy to track. In order to protect herself, Sylphy split her soul into thirteen parts and hid them in zones where Xoriat has manifested itself...

~*~Ashaya~*~

A female Elf sits in the far corner of her cell listening to the guards frantically discuss a crime. Apparently one of their own was found dead in an inn, his body carved open with words carved into his back. What catches her interest is that his skin was dark and shriveled. The same way her mother was found dead. Ashaya gets up and walks to the door of her cell, "Who did it?" "Excuse you," responds the guard. "Have you found the person who did this to your guard," asks Ashaya. "No," replies the guard, "And that is none of your concern." The guard steps up to the cell door. "Fair enough," says Ashaya. She walks a few steps back from the cell door, then in an instant turns and has the guard entangled in a whip, which she ties to the cell door. She grabs the keys and unlocks the door, the other guard is fast approaching and as he charges in the cell Ashaya knees him in the stomach and throws him against the back wall. On her way out, she grabs her sword, bow, and quiver of arrows...

Ashaya comes from the Eldeen Reaches. When she was young her mother was killed by a cultist. Her mother's body was dark and shriveled. When she was old enough to wield a sword she joined the Gatekeepers, a Druid sect sworn to protect Eberron from extraplanar creatures. The Gatekeepers are noted for fighting off the forces of Xoriat when the plane became coterminous. Ashaya seeks to find the source of the dark power who killed her mother. However, Ashaya tends to see only her goal, and not how she plans to get there, this has caused her to have a few dealings with the law, which she has a knack for breaking. She's learned that the darkness belongs to a god who was risen from the darkest depths of Xoriat. She's also discovered that he's apparently named a female Bard as his adviser, and that this Bard is killing innocents for him. Ashaya had tracked the Bard for many months before meeting up with her on the rooftops of Sharn. She had killed again. Ashaya fired a silver arrow at her heart, but the Bard sensed her presence and was gone before the arrows struck her. She learned the Bard's name was Sylphy, and her mind has been twisted by the dark powers of this god. Ashaya cares not of the dark god, but only to avenge her mother's death by killing Sylphy. Ashaya met up with Nereid while they were both tracking Sylphy and instantly began to clash. Ashaya wants to kill Sylphy, as does Nereid, but the location of the altar of the dark god is known only to Sylphy, so Nereid needs to get it out of Sylphy before killing her. Though the two don't see eye-to-eye there is no conflict between Nereid and Ashaya.
    Last edited by Syriania; 11-21-2007 at 01:24 PM.
    Nereid || Seraphimn || Disir || Syllph
    The Infamous Flaming Vagabonds
    Thelanis

Look for the tales of Asraii the Monk and Nunnehi the Druid coming soon.
    Last edited by Syriania; 11-21-2007 at 12:04 PM.
    Thelanis

This makes me think of the "Bio's" thread I tried to start up about a year ago. There are many great bio's out there and it would be great to get them posted.

I don't want to hijack your thread though Nereid, so I might try again at a bio thread if I can link to this one. Or I can post mine in here to get something going.

Very nice by the way =)

My Nereid! Mine!

*sigh* Missing you!
    Proud to be part of the CureLite Bottling Co. - Thelanis
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands
    ~ Moiyra ~ Jezzy ~ Bonni ~ Nighya ~
    "You make gimp look good!" -Akree

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzybrat View Post
    My Nereid! Mine!

*sigh* Missing you!
    *hugs*
    Thelanis

Community Member

my favorite is Tasmira, i think she and i have alot in common for I also have a big baskett of herbs and enjoy daydreaming
    Legion
    renamedone Wiido Spelunkey Tadpole Weepo Shuh Handolf Wakey

I also liked them quite a bit neri, it took me a bit to get through them all but you did a great job.
    Erda.Siglinde.Tatotot.Foxtot.Lael.Inconsolable
    Officer- Infamous Flaming Vagabonds - Thelanis

ok...thats it....

(short hijack)

MO!!!!!!!!

Satya's not going to last long with so many dudes....she needs a buffer!!! come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. we miss you...and bring em too
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Community Member

Dnag it Nereid!! Now i have to work on the stories of my girls grrrrr. But it was a good ready anyways.

-Opti

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    ok...thats it....

(short hijack)

MO!!!!!!!!

Satya's not going to last long with so many dudes....she needs a buffer!!! come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. we miss you...and bring em too
    I think I just shed a tear *sniff* cause I miss you guys too... trying to get back, truly I am... hold my spot for me!

/unhijack
    Proud to be part of the CureLite Bottling Co. - Thelanis
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands
    ~ Moiyra ~ Jezzy ~ Bonni ~ Nighya ~
    "You make gimp look good!" -Akree

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzybrat View Post
    I think I just shed a tear *sniff* cause I miss you guys too... trying to get back, truly I am... hold my spot for me!

/unhijack
    There's always a spot for you, Lizzy! *snugs*
    Kerron Avon, Human Tempest-Ranger 16 *32 Pt/2200 Favor* Brottor Uthlord, Dwarven Cleric 14/Fighter 1 *1755 Favor* Trellain Silverwood, Elven Archmage 15 *2100 Favor* Gorman Uthgar, Dwarven Tactics Fighter 11 *32 Pt* Wogan, Halfing Cleric 7 *32 Pt/DragonMarked* Sign Gary's Monument Petition: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=138646