Hosting an in-game gathering? Want your event to appear on the forum front page calendar? Want to spread the word about your event? Here's a quick guide on how to use the events calendar and some other related information:
How To Post An Event
When you decide that you're ready to post an event, you'll want to do it in the Master Event Calendar. Doing so will list your event on the mini calendars on the front page (http://forums.ddo.com) If you don't post on the Master Calendar, you're not getting the full exposure!
To post in the calendar, is fairly straight forward.
First, under "Add New Event", choose an event type. Most will select "Ranged Event":
After clicking your event type, you will be prompted with a page that looks similar to a "new post" page. Fill out all required information, and include a description in the large text box. You can also use the [IMG] tag to help promote your event. Also be sure to pick your server from the Drop Down List!
Click "Save Event" and you're done!
NOTE: Your event will not immediately appear on the calendar. All events are moderated and will require moderator approval before appearing. This usually takes about 1 or 2 business days, so be sure to post your event with ample time in advance!
Event Listing Guidelines:
Here are a few guidelines to posting events:
- All content and events must be within the forum guidelines.
- Guild-only parties and raid/questing appointments should not be posted in the events calendars. You may post them in the Guild Match-up or your respective server forum.
- Participation should be open to anyone who can attend. (For example, no "This guild only" or "Everyone except this guild" events.)
- The event must have a scheduled date, time and location.
- The event must be able to accommodate at least 13 players.
Let the events begin!