Unhappy Newbie WW Reward question

On my brand new sorcerer the other day and got a WW invite. Fun time with a fun group. Got to the end and for a reward I picked something that I think was called "black widow bracers" +4 armor. I think cool! (I'm at work atm and can't check)

So the group breaks up and I head off to solo some harbor quests, I'm in soloing with the new bracers on and I cast and FIZZLE! Whoa! Cast again... fizzle, cast... fizzle... die.

Hmmm....

So I'm in the LD tavern and begin to cast again, to see what's changed, by removing stuff till I don't fizzle. When I took off the +4 new bracers then I could cast again. (sigh)

So is this new item working as intended? It says NOTHING about spell success or percentages in the description.

or did I simply pick poorly for my end reward?

TIA for any info
    M.A.C guild on Sarlona and Khyber servers.

Community Member

Those bracers should not interfere with spell casting.

They are a great end reward for a sorcerer.

Are you wearing armor or carrying a shield? They would interfere with spell casting.

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

There is a recent problem of spells not casting at <5' range. Put some distance between you and the bad guy and you'll start firing off spells successfully. The new bug makes soloing very difficult.

I'm in a robe only and when I did my test I would fizzle with the bracers being the only item equipped in my inventory on my sorc. I must have a bug?

Yup, Bracers should NOT cause spells to fizzle.

My casters all generally wear some (even my Bard), and the +4 Black Widow Bracers are about the best you will see until mid/upper levels for getting AC.

Now also some spells cannot be cast in public places at all, and I would not be shocked if all the spells a Sorceror has in mind would fall into this category. Go step into WW or CH and try again. Things should work fine.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Katanauser View Post
    I'm in a robe only and when I did my test I would fizzle with the bracers being the only item equipped in my inventory on my sorc. I must have a bug?
    More details please.

Put your icon over the spell you are trying to cast.
    Does it say "Spell chance failure"?
    If it does check what you are wearing.

Also see the comments about targeting. That can also happen.

Either way sounds like a big fat hairy bug. Report it.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the one who sends it a res.
    Unrestricted free agent
    Khyber
    Characters - Terrah, Elayne, Shiado, Ranok, Rattchet

Thanks for the advice my friends. I'll retest tonight in a quest. If it still fails I'll update here. Thanks again for the quick responses.