Default The Omega Thirteen's-Thelanis New Guild-Tired of zerging or new to the game?

The Omega Thirteens

Language: English
    Primary Time Zone: GMT -5 [EST]
    Focus: Questing and Light Raiding
    Role Play: Minimal
    Server Name: Thelanis
    Recruiting: (Actively looking for new and veteran players looking for a casual fun guild)
    Races Accepted: All
    Classes Accepted: All

Mission Statement - Our Goal

The Omega Thirteens are an friendly adult group of players that are more interested in exploring Stormreach, learning the skills necessary to be the best at what we do. We don’t believe in power leveling, we feel that short-changes a new player’s ability to flush out their character. If it’s a second, third, or more alt, then running through the quests quickly is a different story. We are focused on new players to the game that want to get their feet wet, as well as for veteran players that want to just have fun and not be held to a tight zerging raid schedule.

The Omega 13s are focused on quests and light raiding. We currently don’t have a raid schedule but are focused on getting favor and experience for non-capped players. Eventually we’ll move to a more scheduled routine so we can know when we’ll do the Dragon, Desert Queen, Titan, Reaver, and Black Abbott but not raid grinding. Attendance will never be required but if you’re on we’d like your help and the more people we have on a raid the better chances we have of good loot. Once we start raiding fairly regularly, we’ll start a modified DKP system to ensure fairness for all guild members.

Membership - Expectations

The Omega Thirteens do have some expectations of ALL its members.

I will be kind, helpful, and respectful to all my guildmates in all forms of online interactions, including but not limited to: guild chat, raid chat, personal messages and voice chat. I will not make any personal attacks on any guildmate no matter what the circumstance. In the event that I have been accused of a personal attack I will provide the guild leader with my side of the story and accept all responsibility, judgment, and punishment as such. Diversity is what makes The Omega Thirteen’s a family and we will respect each other as such.

I will play to my full potential assuming I am master of the class I am playing. If I am unable to play to my full potential in a quest due to such things as broken limbs, influence of certain adult beverages, 15 cats pouncing on your keyboard, I will inform my guildmates before embarking on any quests. If someone offers suggestions on how to be more efficient I will not assume they are telling me how to play, but just offering advice. There is a difference between giving someone some advice on how to fight and telling them what to do every step of the way.

Stormreach is a vast world worthy of our exploration and if we happen to fall upon lots of treasure that makes us rich and even more powerful weapons/armor, then that is the benefit of exploring our world. We intend to seek as much great loot as possible and have fun finding it.

It is my own business to use an exploit but will not brag about it to my guildmates. If I find a beneficial exploit that hasn’t been nerfed I will inform the officers so we can determine if it is something we should openly share.

I will take every opportunity to lovingly joke and tease my guildmates capitalizing on their personalities, actions, and mis-speaks both in the game and out, e.g. making a reference to the +1 Sex tome you just pulled (meaning +1 DEX tome).

And, finally, I accept The Omega Thirteens as my home and its members as my family within Stormreach. As a member of The Omega Thirteen’s I realize that I represent the guild in all my endeavors throughout Stormreach. I will do my best to contribute to the good standing of guild reputation with all players within the Thelanis player community.

Structure – Ranks

Guild leader: Mortanius-Bard14
    -Cinhil-Sor 14
    -Mortx-Cl 14
    -Lenair-Rog 13/Fgt 1
    -Grayswandir-Barb 9

Second in Command: Roelaren-Paladin 14
    -Roemaj-Barb 6
    -Zergcees-Sor 8

Officer: Chronicle-Fighter 6/Wiz 4

Officer: Lormick-Rogue 8

Final - Enlistment

Now that you know more about The Omega Thirteens, we’d like to see you in game! Talk to any of our officers in game and afterwards we’d also like to bring you along on a couple quests and see if you’re a good match and if you like playing with us as well. We don’t care if you’re the best or not, but if you’re a cleric running headlong into battle only concerned about healing yourself or if you’re a tank with 30 AC and 150 HP, or think you can do it all yourself and zerg ahead of everybody, it might not work out too well.
    Last edited by SciFiCowboy; 10-12-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Default moorewr's Apostrophe pedantry

http://www.angryflower.com/aposter3.jpg

Sorry to be pedantic - but that's my job. I'm the forum pedant.Shut me up. All good luck to your guild; see you in the Necropolis.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Talking Who needs proper Grammar

Love the comic!!!!

I hate those silly rules. I should have had my grammar-nazi-proofreading-co-worker look at it before I posted. . At least I didn't say "If your looking for a new guild..." Now THAT is just wrong, although Int, for most of my alts, is pretty much optional. *Notice the proper use of the parenthetical statement in that last sentence.

Cheers,
    Last edited by SciFiCowboy; 10-12-2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Made proper corrections to initial post and fixed my grammar
    Mortanius lvl 16 Halfling Bard Mortx lvl 16 Hafling Cleric Lypsync Human Warchanter Drmort Dwarf Cleric Lvl 4 Mortalicious Elf Ranger Lvl 8

Thelanis Server-The Exploration Society http://tes.rbcb.net/

Just don't get "its" and "it's" backwards, or Mark Twain will rise from the grave to beat you with a cane. He hates that s*.

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiCowboy View Post
    Love the comic!!!!

I hate those silly rules. I should have had my grammar-nazi-proofreading-co-worker look at it before I posted. . At least I didn't say "If your looking for a new guild..." Now THAT is just wrong, although Int, for most of my alts, is pretty much optional. *Notice the proper use of the parenthetical statement in that last sentence.

Cheers,
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.