Thread: MOD 5 notes

Default MOD 5 notes

Here are some things I found to be an issue.

Hover info- items like potions and such no longer explain what they do. They just say 'lessor restoration' or 'bulls strength'....not any other information.

Items like swords now have some strange quality that is unexplained in any of the literature I could find...such as my +1 sword having a '+5' written to the far right of the hover over info sheet....many items have this but not all. What exactly is it and why is it so completely vague to everyone?

quest difficulty is not being listed in the 'x' info page when in the quest.

inferno of the damned can bug...for no apparent reason...and cinnis cannot spawn...no idea what causes this yet...yet..but I cannot get that dang sigil until he spawns and it is annoying.

Good stuff: like the water, lightning and graphics...dungeons are interesting and tough in some spots (golem army)...so far so good.

If I come across anymore issues I will throw them up here too.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Angry

If you don't mind I'll add in something that really bugged me:

Held/Paralyzed/Stoned enemies STILL move around and attack you after the effect has been applied to them.

Even worse, I've had mobs get stoned and run around the orchard several times. It seems their aggro gets messed up and they do not follow anyone in specific, just a big stone sliding around randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    Even worse, I've had mobs get stoned and run around the orchard several times. It seems their aggro gets messed up and they do not follow anyone in specific, just a big stone sliding around randomly.
    What are you able to stone in the orchard?
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    If you don't mind I'll add in something that really bugged me:

Held/Paralyzed/Stoned enemies STILL move around and attack you after the effect has been applied to them.

WIth the first comment...Really? Well I'll have to check this out and see. Very interesting if it's not fixed.

Second issue, I've seen this happen before. It usually happens when the mob is turned to stone before it is completely spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    What are you able to stone in the orchard?
    Everything that's fleshy?

The rats, humans, elves, wights etc etc

I think there is something funky going on with aggro. I'll drop a maximized/empowered fire wall and get no aggro as the flesh golems aimless run around. I saw this somewhere else since the update but can't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post

Items like swords now have some strange quality that is unexplained in any of the literature I could find...such as my +1 sword having a '+5' written to the far right of the hover over info sheet....many items have this but not all. What exactly is it and why is it so completely vague to everyone?
    In my guild web-site one guy by name Veld posted few month ago information about item modifiers when random loot created. I hope I don't get yelled if I copy-paste part of this down below. So in normal game game you can random get item up to +10 modifier ( over 10 is epic item). Named loot doesn't have modifier because was created not by general rules.

"...First, it helps to understand how the loot tables work. Trust me, there are not crazy equipment gnomes at turbine cackling madly as they throw a +1 greataxe of lesser ooze bane into your chest... there is a method to the madness, and that method is called random loot generation

Essentially, the loot tables are just a series of percentile rolls. If youve ever DM'd a 3ed or 3.5ed game, you know how this works. People have questioned if Turbine has used such a method, and based on their loot output, I have to say yes, and with no logic checking to boot!

Heres the breakdown: A player opens a chest that spawns random loot. The game then does a roll on a table to see what type of item (clothing, jewelry, weapon, armor, potion, scroll, misc item, etc). Ammunition falls under weapons, btw. The game then rolls to see what type of item will be generated from that category.. (belts, rings, longswords, breastplate, cure light wounds, camoflauge, thieves tools, etc). The game then rolls to see what properties are on the item (disease immunity, disable 7, +1 of deception, +1 of fire res, N/A, N/A, +3, etc). So, essentially, there are a lot of random tables of all the possible properties that you see on items in game, and its a complete random shot at whatever drops. More details to follow

Now, understand, that just because a property exists for an item... its not possible to get every combination of properties that you would like to have. IE, there is no such thing as a wounding longsword of puncturing... or striding boots of perm featherfall. Some things just cannot be (in the current setup of the game). What I intend to do here is to help folks understand how items are created by the loot tables, as well as help enlighten on the reasonableness of what items they may be trying to trade for. No use in trading for the impossible, right?

First off, a list of initial item types, then a breakdown of each of those categories will follow:

Weapon
    Armor
    Wondrous Item (jewelry, clothing, trinkets)
    Potion
    Scroll
    Wand
    Gems
    Coin
    Miscellaneous
    Named

Please note: Much of the following information is null and void when referencing NAMED items, as those are specifically designed by the dev team and may break any and all rules laid out here for random generation.

WEAPONS:

Weapons are divided into 2 categories... melee and ranged.
    Melee weapons include simple, martial, and exotic types from daggers to longswords to khopeshes.
    Ranged weapons include thrown weapons, ammunition, bows, and crossbows (including repeaters).

Possible properties of weapons:

Enhancement bonus: Enhancement bonuses are magical enchantments that increase the effectiveness of a weapon, granting a bonus to both hitroll and damage. A magical weapon will have a minimum enhancement bonus of +1, and a maximum enhancement bonus of +5. Other properties of a weapon will have an equivalent enhancement cost ranging from +1 (for deception) to +5 (for vorpal) that can boost the total effective enhancement on a weapon (for pricing/level purposes) up to +10. Each property on a weapon (described later) has an equivalent enhancement value.

Prefix property: Prefix properties are random bonuses added to a weapon and appear directly after the enhancement bonus of a weapon. A +1 wounding longsword therefore has the 'wounding' prefix property.

Suffix property: Suffix properties are random bonuses added to a weapon and appear directly after the weapon type. A +1 longsword of deception therefore has the 'deception' suffix property.

Special material: A weapon may be made from an appropriate special material, such as adamantine, byeshk, flametouched iron, cold iron, silver, densewood, and darkwood. Standard material types include steel and wood. Others are possible, such as glass (muckbane/muckdoom), but are not seen on randomly generated items. The material type dictates the hardness/durability of a given item. Byeshk and adamantine are harder/more durable than steel which is harder/more durable than wood. Special materials affect the price but not the level requirement of an item.

Currently, a weapon may have 1 prefix property (+1 maladroit light hammer), 1 suffix property (+1 dagger of puncturing), both 1 prefix and 1 suffix property (+1 flaming longsword of pure good), or neither a prefix nor a suffix property (leaving a plain enhancement bonus such as a +4 longsword). Thus, it is not possible to get a wounding elemental longsword, as those are both prefix properties. Also, certain properties are limited to certain weapon types, such as maladroit must be blunt, wounder must be pierce/slash, puncturing must be pierce, etc. This will be detailed further shortly.

Possible prefix properties:

Elemental effects: flaming, frost, shocking, acid.
    These effects carry an equivalent enhancement cost of +1 for pricing purposes. Each grants +1d6 damage of the given elemental type.

Elemental burst effects: flaming burst, icy burst, shocking burst, acidic burst (iron cleaver only currently), thundering, force burst (greenblade only currently).
    These effects carry an equivalent enhancement cost of +2 for pricing purposes, except for thundering which is +1. Force burst is not available in random generation, but per PnP rules it is a +3 or +4 equivalent (dont have that book handy atm, sorry!) Elemental burst weapons grant the standard +1d6 elemental damage on all successful hits, and an additional +1d10 damage on criticals for weapons with a X2 multiplier. X3 weapons get +2d10 damage, and X4 weapons get +3d10 damage. Thundering weapons only get additional damage on criticals, and do not get any special damage bonus on regular hits. Thundering also uses d8s for damage instead of d10s (which is why its a +1 bonus, instead of +2, but most stuff isnt immune to the sonic type damage that it deals).

True Alignment effects: True law (+1d6 vs nonlawful targets), true chaos (+1d6 vs nonchaotic targets), requires the appropriate lawful/chaotic alignment to use, UMD 20. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Alignment effects: Holy (+2d6 vs evil, suffer negative level if wielder is evil), axiomatic (+2d6 vs chaotic targets, suffer negative level if wielder is chaotic), anarchic (+2d6 vs lawful targets, suffer negative level if wielder is lawfull, unholy (+2d6 vs good targets, suffer negative level if wielder is good). +2 enhancement equivalent.

Alignment burst effects: Holy burst, axiomatic burst, anarchic burst, unholy burst. Grants +3d6 additional damage to appropriately aligned targets (as above) on weapons with X2 multipliers. X3 weapons get +4d6, and X4 weapons get +5d6. Alignment penalties (negative levels) apply as described above. +4 enhancement equivalent.

Vorpal: This fearsome property grants a weapon (slash type only) the ability to sever the heads of its target. On a roll of a natural 20 that is then confirmed as a critical, the vorpal blade removes the head of its target. Some targets, including oozes, many abberations, and most undead other than vampires are unaffected by the loss of their head. +5 enhancement equivalent.

Ghost touch: Bypasses the incorporeal miss chance for certain enemy types, including wraiths, spectres, and phase spiders. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Stat damage: maladroit (blunt only, -1 dex per hit), wounding (slash/pierce, -1 con per hit), weakening (-1 str per hit). +3 enhancement equivalent.

Vicious: A successful hit by a vicious weapon causes a surge of disruptive energy to pass between the wielder and the target. The target takes an additional 2d6 damage while the wielder takes 1d6. There is no way to reduce this damage for either the target or the wielder. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Crippling: Successful criticals by a crippling weapon reduce the targets movement by half. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Keen: Doubles the critical threat range of a slashing or piercing weapon. Weapons with a 20 critical become 19-20, 19-20 weapons become 17-20, and 18-20 weapons become 15-20. The multiplier is not affected. This does not stack with the Improved Critical feat. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Impact: Same as keen, but for bludgeoning weapons. +1 equivalent enhancement.

Cursespewing: Each successful hit by a cursespewing weapon forces the target to make a DC 15 will save or be affected by a curse. Curses confer a -4 morale penalty to attacks, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. +3 enhancement equivalent.\

Paralyzing: Each successful hit by this weapon forces the target to make a DC 17 will save or be paralyzed. +5 equivalent enhancement.

Banishing: Critical hits by a banishing weapon force outsiders to make a DC 24 will save or be returned to their home plane. +5 equivalent enhancement. Not available on slashing type weapons.

Transmuting: This property allows a weapon to overcome the damage reduction of any creature whos damage reduction may be overcome. Thus, a transmuting weapon will function as an adamantine weapon against iron golems, a blunt adamantine weapon against clay golems, a good aligned weapon against ghostly skeletons, or a combination of things as required for critters like reavers. +2 equivalent enhancement.

Bodyfeeder: Critical hits with this type of weapon grants the wielder 15 temporary hitpoints that last up to 1 minute. Multiple criticals refresh the temporary hitpoints and timer, but do not stack. +3 equivalent enhancement.

Strength sapping: Weapon exhausts the target on a successful hit unless a DC 15 fortitude save is made. +4 enhancement equivalent.

Combat boosting (+2 to +10 in multiples of 2): Seeker (+ to confirm critical hits). +1 enhancement equivalent per +2 bonus.

Finesse (finessable weapons only): Wielder is treated as having the weapon finesse feat for purposes of using this weapon. This weapon also grants an enhancement bonus of +2 to the wielders dexterity score. +4 enhancement equivalent.

Spell penetration (minor, normal, greater: I-VI): Wielder gains a +1, +2, or +3 (lesser, normal, greater spell penetration, respectively) to the die rolls to overcome spell resistance for all spells of level (I-VI) or lower. Enhancement equivalent varies based on the bonus and level range affected.

Spell lore: Lesser, minor, normal, greater, superior.. applies additional +% chance for spell crit and + to crit modifier for certain types of spells. Enhancement equivalent varies based on level of bonus.

Spell enhancer: Grants a % increase to certain types of spells. Permanent types include devotion, benevolence, potency, combustion. Clickie types include inferno, cacaphony, beatitude. Others exist for most spell types (elemental as well as energy types). Enhancement equivalent varies based on amount of increase.

Returning: Only possible on ranged thrown weapons and ammunition. Grants a % chance for the item or ammo to return to the wielder. Some items grant 100% returning (such as a returning throwing dagger), while others grant lower %s (like 50% for screaming amethyst arrows from Threnal). +1 enhancement equivalent.

Slaying and Greater Slaying: Only possible on ammunition. This property forces a target of the appropriate type to make a save or be destroyed instantly. Regular slaying is DC 20, greater slaying is DC 24. Both are fortitude saves. +4 equivalent enhancement for normal slaying, +6 for greater slaying.

Possible suffix properties:

True Alignment effects: pure good (+1d6 vs all nongood targets, requires good alignment, UMD 20). +1 enhancement equivalent.

Stat damage: bone breaking (blunt only, 1d6 dex on critical), puncturing (piercing only, 1d6 con on critical), enfeebling (1d6 str on critical). +2 enhancement equivalent.

Combat boosting (+2 to +10 in multiples of 2): vertigo (+to dc for trip/improved trip attempts), shatter (+ to dc on sunder/improved sunder attempts). +1 enhancement equivalent per +2 bonus.

Tendon slice (% chance to hamstring a struck opponent). +1 equivalent enhancement per 2% chance.

Weighted: % chance to stun struck opponent, bonus to stunning blow DC. +1 equivalent enhancement for each (1%, +2 DC).

Deception: +3 to bluff checks, small chance to render target vulnerable to sneak attacks. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Spell points: Power (I-IX, magi) or wizardry (I-III, magi). Confers spell point bonuses to the wielder (10 points per level of power, 25 per level of wizardry, 100 sp for magi items). These do not stack with each other, only the highest applies.

Bane: Bane weapons excell at attacking a certain type or subtype of creature. Lesser bane (+1 to hit, 1d6+1 extra damage), bane (+2 to hit, 2d6+2 extra damage), and greater bane (+4 to hit, 3d6+4 extra damage) types exist for most creature types currently in game. Examples include: Aberration (Mindflayers, rust monsters, beholders), reptilian (Kobolds, trogs), ooze (slimes, oozes, jellies), dragon (dragons are dragons, not reptiles!), goblinoid (hobgoblins, bugbears), giant (giants, ogres, trolls), magical beast (phase spiders, worgs, winter wolves), monstrous humanoid (minotaurs, gargoyles, wildmen), gnoll (Gnolls!), animal (wolves, dogs), elemental (elementals of all types), vermin (spiders, scorpions), construct (warforged, defenders, golems), outsiders (based on alignment.. lawfull, chaotic, evil.. 1 type per weapon, though different types may work on the same creature). Bane weapons also exist for the basic humanoid types such as human, elf/drow, dwarf, and halfling. +1 enhancement equivalent for lesser, +2 for normal, +3 for greater.

Backstabbing (+1 to +5): Confers a bonus to hit/damage to any attack that would be considered a sneak attack, even if the wielder is not a rogue. The hit bonus scales normally, but the damage roll is higher.. +1 hit/+2 damage to +5 hit/+7 damage. +1 enhancement equivalent per level of bonus.

Righteousness: Confers a +2 bonus to hit and damage vs evil creatures. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Smiting: This property is the enemy of all constructs. Constructs critically hit by a smiting weapon must make a DC 23 fortitude save or be destroyed. +5 enhancement equivalent.

Disruption: The bane of undead, a disruption weapon forces undead struck by it to make a DC 14 will save or be destroyed. +5 equivalent enhancement.

Destruction: -4 AC to target on first successful hit. +4 enhancement equivalent.

Maiming: Critical hits with a maiming weapon deal an extra amount of untyped damage based on the critical multiplier: x2 - 1d6, x3 - 2d6, x4 - 3d6. +1 equivalent enhancement.

Parrying: This weapon grants a +1 insight bonus to armor class and saving throws. +2 equivalent enhancement

Everbright: An everbright weapon will never take damage from acid or rust and can emit a blinding flash 3x/rest. +2 equivalent enhancement.

Slowburst: Critical hits with a slowburst weapon force a will save (DC 15) or target is slowed for 18 seconds. +2 equivalent enhancement.

Shattermantle: A creature struck by a shattermantle weapon has its spell resistance decreased by 3 for 9 seconds. A creature may only be affected by one shattermantle affect at one time. +1 enhancement equivalent.

Precision: Grants the wielder the benefit of the precise shot feat. +2 equivalent enhancement.

Spell clickie: Although very rare, some weapons do drop with spell clickies. 1, 3, or 5 charges of various spells are possible. Enhancement equivalent depends on number of clickies and spell level.

Enhancement pricing and level guide:
    Race restrictions carry a -1 enhancement equivalent. A race restricted item is therefore 1 step lower in price and level requirement from a non race restricted item with the same properties. Also, it is noted by the devs that the maximum level of an item that may drop from a chest is 3 lower than the level of the adventure the chest is located in. Thus, currently level 14 (level 12 on elite) adventures could spawn level 11 equipment.. so level 12 weapons are not possible except on +1 loot table events. This will change come mod 4 with the release of higher level adventures.

Melee and ranged weapons, not ammo:
    No enhancement: Base cost of item, no level restriction
    +1 enhancement: 2,000 + base cost, no level restriction
    +2 enhancement: 8,000 + base cost, level 2
    +3 enhancement: 18,000 + base cost, level 4
    +4 enhancement: 32,000 + base cost, level 6
    +5 enhancement: 50,000 + base cost, level 8
    +6 enhancement: 72,000 + base cost, level 10
    +7 enhancement: 98,000 + base cost, level 12
    +8 enhancement: 128,000 + base cost, level 12 (should be 14).... "

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post

Hover info- items like potions and such no longer explain what they do. They just say 'lessor restoration' or 'bulls strength'....not any other information.
    Well on this what you can do is click on an item then press the Z key to bring up the information screen. You can then mouseover the spell effect to get a discription. Yea it's a little clunkier but it works.

Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar
    in the dark...cold...UnderWater places...

Default rung out

1.)
    anybody else having a problem with the ladders?

you get part way up and then stop....

I gave up on a couple of them until I found this fix...

Rotate in mouse look while pressing w....back and forth until you ascend again.

2.)
    I like the items with an "!" on them that have a chance of use of 155%...

I mean if i WAS a complete LOSER i might fail that...right?
    lol
    Rogues:Sheillea & Sheilleah Noonscense, Yarrelle Clerics: Juin Muddawber Bards: Sequestria Isolatine & Gheorghe Zamfir Ranger: Eloah Farfletcher Fighters: Yvonniva, Ocksocks & Goodgame The Improper Sorceress: Blastrine Meanase Barbarians: Espresso Breve & Mkthirtyfour, Boomshakalak Wizards: Clairity of Merk & Misstickle Fingersofdeath

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne Blacksword View Post
    1.)
    anybody else having a problem with the ladders?

you get part way up and then stop....

I gave up on a couple of them until I found this fix...

Rotate in mouse look while pressing w....back and forth until you ascend again.

2.)
    I like the items with an "!" on them that have a chance of use of 155%...

I mean if i WAS a complete LOSER i might fail that...right?
    lol
    Hi Yvonne, long time, no see.

1) I've found that if you stop pressing W (forward), then repress you will once again ascend the ladder.
    2) They've got a long way to go with proficiency warnings. Personally, I like the non-proficiency warning with items that grant proficiency (Allegiance, Madstone Shield) and items usable by all classes (Candy Canes).