Thread: Downtime???

Question Downtime???

K, so I get up on my day off and think - wow it will be a great day to play DDO. New content, new toons, wife at work (yay - no wife aggro). Go to log in and WHAM!!! no connection.

Ok, no problem - it happens...reset modem, reset router, restart both PC's...try to log in again...ANNNGGGT!!! wrong answer.

Now, I am perplexed - no downtime messages on forums. It is early though so I try to log into my Turbine account "Site is down to unexpected maintenance" DOH!!!

Hopefully this is only for a little while, my new fighter wants to kill some stuff...

Which brings me to another point slightly off topic. Why close the bugged violet slime quests? I personally wouldlike to give a barbarian a nice greataxe and a 5 minute headstart; then come running through weilding dual muckbanes or muckdooms. Just to test the ooze bane properties out of course I appreciate the warning, but can't you guys let us weirdos have our fun? XP debt does not really scare me. As a guildmember says, "they are only imaginary numbers". Not to mention there is plenty of XP to go around.

Any idea when the game will be back up?
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

I'm having the same problem Haven't seen anything else about it, either.
    Lost Horizon Guild of Xoriat
    Marid (Drow Paladin)
    Libra (Human Cleric)
    Outlaw (Human Ranger)
    Laika (Drow Sorceror)

Well its not you I can't log on either! Would be nice to get some answers though!!!!!!

I hunted through the forums and found a "scheduled maintanance" post dated 9-26 that said today (10-1) there would be 4 hour down time...

no login announcement though...

annoying.

good patch; love the new content btw

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...22#post1368022
    Last edited by arrrcher; 10-01-2007 at 10:09 AM.
    meh.

ha, that was my first thought as well, get in there with a everbright greataxe and see just how many i could make. It's too bad I didnt hear about this before they took down the dungeons. I think we could have made an excellent group anark.

And the downtime was posted immediately after release of mod 5 as well as a alert just before they took down the dungeons for the slime issue. Too bad noone ever seems to read those alerts.

Default arrrrgh!

yea, got half a day to sit and play, but nope they are fixing oozes...

oh well I look forward to the update.
    Breck N'Dwall, Proud member and leader of Death From Below Alts include;Jarus Machinehead Warforged Fighter, Rass Bari'Baray Drow with skills, Nosleep TilBrooklyn Dwarf with self control issues, Dhust Ndawind Human EMT

Red face Well, at least its not just me...

Well, sorry you folks are having the same issue...but, see above..

Now that it is mentioned I do recall a litlle blip being read somewhere, but my memory is not what it used to be...

Slink sounds like you and I are definately on the same wavelength look me up some time when you are bored, it could be a blast or expensive

Hope to see everyone around Stormreach - as soon as the game comes back up...

Love the new stuff though. At least the bags and extra toon slots. I hope to check out the rest of the Necropolis settings today...
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

Give <24 hours notice and people complain about no notice.

Give 4 days notice and people complain about forgetting there was a notice.

There actually is a downtime notice in the startup box, unfortunately you have to scroll down to see it. I think that's their only mistake... that should have stayed up at the top.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

if you click on dev tracker, it shows all the dev posts, easiest way to find stuff like that