Default The Wayfinder's Foundation (Sarlona) - Newbie- & casual-friendly {Enquire Within}

Welcome, one and all!

The Wayfinder's Foundation is a newly created casual guild on the Sarlona server and our aim is one that takes a different path than the normal. The Foundation is to be a newbie-friendly, casual-friendly, group with members of various timezones. We aim to have members online to help you no matter what timezone you play in.

The guild will be for light roleplayers as for us to be friendly to others who are newcomers, it is a good aspect to show them what the world is like in a light amount of roleplay so to immerse and yet not scare them away from this fantastic game.

Our goal is not to rush in the game but to have fun while playing at a nice, calm pace. We are not hardcore, quite the opposite, and we play to have fun. Voice will not be required but if it is wanted to be used, you must be compassionate to those who cannot use voice or listen to voice and your group should move as slow as your slowest member.

For those of you who have been around in the city of Stormreach for some time, do you remember your first steps into the city? We are to be there to try and help them out, answer questions and in general be nice. Those first steps to those precious few people are the life blood to the city and the future of possible friends.

One aspect of the game that goes overlooked is the general chat. This is the place where newcomers talk and ask questions. I have answered a few in my time yet how many go unanswered and hence give the newcomer a cold shoulder? We will fix that and we'll help where we can.

I hope to meet many a new face out there and to find many a friend.

If you require help, search us out ingame otherwise reply maturely in this thread or even send me a private message and I will get back to you when I can.

Exploration and Assistance,
    Avabere Manuck

Ingame Contacts: Avabere, Mahaani, Qilanthe, Tamalia, Aeika & Sorantha
    Last edited by Rason; 10-08-2007 at 12:39 AM.

What is the Wayfinder Foundation in Eberron itself?

Excerpt from Eberron Campaign Setting

In his youth, Lord Boroman ir'Dayne was a great hunter and explorer. He led the only expedition ever to reach the Frostfell and return to tell the tale. He wrestled ogres in Droaam, fought chuuls in the Shadow Marches, and was the first halfling to travel to Xen'drik and return. Dayne amassed a fortune in his day, but during his final expedition to Xen'drik he contracted a slow wasting curse that no magic has been able to reverse. He has a few years of life left, and while he no longer has the strength to explore on his own, he still wants to unlock the mysteries of the unknown. To this end he dedicated his fortune to establishing the Wayfinder Foundation - a guild for adventurers and explorers that funds dangerous expeditions to exotic locales, as well as giving bold adventurers a place to display their trophies and tell tall tales.

The Wayfinder Foundation is an exclusive organisation. Membership is by invitation only, and offers are extended only to renouned adventurers and explorers. The Wayfinder Conclave manages the affairs of the Foundation. The conclave meets in Aundair, and all decisions are resolved by majority vote. As long as he still lives, Lord Boroman ir'Dayne has the final say on all expeditures of foundation funds, even overriding decisions of the conclave. Despite his skills, Dayne has been crippled by the wasting curse and rarely leaves the foundation's enclave in Fairhaven.

Boroman ir'Dayne is a true philanthropist; he wishes to have his name attached to the great adventures of the future, since he himself can no longer participate in the adventures of the present. His one ulterior motive is the hope that some explorer may discover a cure for the strange wasting curse that is slowly sapping his life. Of course, many of the members of the Foundation are more interested in personal wealth or glory than in increasing reputation of the Wayfinders or pursuing scholarly exploration. The Wayfinder Foundation is very much an alliance of individuals, and each Wayfinder has a distinctly different personality.

-----

P.S. Guild name is Wayfinder's instead of the Campaign Setting's 'Wayfinder' due to the preference that the Foundation belonged to 'the' Wayfinder, Lord Boroman.
    Last edited by Rason; 10-01-2007 at 07:23 AM.

Guild has been changed to be a casual light roleplay group so to try and give a small amount of the feel of the world of Eberron without scaring them away in the process

After finding someone who tried talking to members of a guild called The Wayfinder Foundation on Sarlona, and our guild being The Wayfinder's Foundation, I'm going to remake the guild into something differently named so confusion does not occur.

And to think I did a search of the forum and came up with nothing and personally, I've not seen this other guild but maybe it is my hours of play.

Anyway, down with this idea, up with another when it comes.