Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New DQ Elite Tactic!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...nShot00109.jpg

This party and I thought up a new brilliant tactic that I would like to share with you fellow adventurers.. We failed 3 times before i came up with the brilliant idea and here goes nothing!

Step 1:
    Fully buff party before heading into the circle.

Step 2:
    Before initiating the fight against the queen split up into 3 GROUPS.

Group 1:1-2 clerics,2-4 casters,1-4 tanks
    Group 2:1-2 clerics,2-4 casters,1-4 tanks
    Group 3:Ranged classes or Ranged Abled toons.

Step 3:
    Have each group on different sides of the circle hugging on a pillar together so the healer can mass heal their groups. At the same time have the ranged people running around shutting the demon queen, and the casters nuking her with firewall,disintigrate, and scorching ray.

Step 4:
    Djinni start popping so your tanks/ranged people should take them out to save the casters mana. The key is to keep mass healing going while blade barriers pass through.

Step 5:
    Continue nuking with magic and ranged till the queen is down to 20% at this point, no magic will work your ranged people must do all the work... the tanks can help with throwers/bows.

There you have it the plan worked for us on elite with only 2 clerics mass healing and 2 semi-ranged people...

Have fun,
    Jket!

Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)

Been there done that. O wait we were on the same raid maybee?

Only thing is magic did work after 20% just took a while to find the right spell. I used Delayed Blast Fireball (instant) for 20-30 mitigated damage.

Thank you, Jket, for sharing this strategy with the rest of the world.

I suspect that the Elite Raiders (now Onslaught) have already (since the update) done this with two people..or maybe even solo. But those guys hold their cards real close to their chests.

Whys this the "new" tactic?
    Only change was the fix to the safe spots, which were never nessasary.

Done this raid on elite a dozen times never using a safe spot...

When my party asks for tactics on this raid, im like "Yep, ill swing my axe and u heal me"

Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Whys this the "new" tactic?
    Only change was the fix to the safe spots, which were never nessasary.

Done this raid on elite a dozen times never using a safe spot...

When my party asks for tactics on this raid, im like "Yep, ill swing my axe and u heal me"

Works fine for me.
    On elite if you can do this congrats but for the average joes out there unlike some of us who cant do this.. this new method should be easy with a couple clerics and a few casters...

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    Been there done that. O wait we were on the same raid maybee?

Only thing is magic did work after 20% just took a while to find the right spell. I used Delayed Blast Fireball (instant) for 20-30 mitigated damage.

/points at picture link at the crazy wizard named Litz

Yep you were there bud
    waz saturday so maybe you were drunk haha

jket

Default Not new

New maybe to be posted and good for you but not new as far as tactics are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa Doom View Post
    New maybe to be posted and good for you but not new as far as tactics are concerned.
    Uber dude....he was sharing this to help......Not to hear your grief.....

Quote Originally Posted by Svetelana View Post
    Uber dude....he was sharing this to help......Not to hear your grief.....
    Thank you grab

Default Oh get a grip

All I said was its not new. Anyone who knows me would know I abhor the term uber. Grow some skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa Doom View Post
    All I said was its not new. Anyone who knows me would know I abhor the term uber. Grow some skin.
    then you have no business posting what u did.. this was to help others and you seem to like to ruin that.

did same thing when I did it but didnt take any tanks only scouts and caster class. She whent down rather fast with 6 rangers many shot all on her.
    If you can shoot them down before they get to you a bonus if you can take them half down and then meele them out bonus if you can shoot and run around like your head is cut off dispel fom grease sleet storm stop running so I can kill it!!!!!!

ps: You don't have to have clerics.

We do this without them.
    Riott Ad Infinitum ~20 Fighter ~ 67 AC unbuffed ~ "Riott, AC Intimi-Tank Build"
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    ps: You don't have to have clerics.

We do this without them.
    yeh true... thanks once again for posting how cool you are... i was simply helping other players by giving a simple guideline... You could do it with bards with mass heal scrolls... constant wand whipping.. you dont need clerics but once again someone like you has to post... I am uber too dude i just like to help everyone out... get a grip.

Jket

Quote Originally Posted by underlordone View Post
    did same thing when I did it but didnt take any tanks only scouts and caster class. She whent down rather fast with 6 rangers many shot all on her.
    yeh i can see her dropping real quick.. there are many ways to do it and your way would be great too..

I pugged it on elite and thats what the lfm gave me so i worked with it so i didnt have to wait an hour or longer... (still had to wait long considering the class mixture i got)

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jket View Post
    yeh true... thanks once again for posting how cool you are... i was simply helping other players by giving a simple guideline... You could do it with bards with mass heal scrolls... constant wand whipping.. you dont need clerics but once again someone like you has to post... I am uber too dude i just like to help everyone out... get a grip.

Jket
    Maybee I don't know the details but sounds like Riot was just adding some helpful info as well. Might be being a bit harsh on him.

Maybee I don't know the details but sounds like Riot was just adding some helpful info as well. Might be being a bit harsh on him.
    well like i said good for him... wat he was doing is sometihng that other people hate in this game.. bragging. This is a game and we all know we can do things.. Good for him that he has a bunch of guildies following him around that he can pull together for a raid.. I pugged it with people from all different guilds and got a weird mixture..

he didnt need to post... my original forum post was simple.. I was helping others out who used to "cheat" with the little safe spot. I wasn't boasting... this wasnt meant to be a boasting thread.. yet two people seemed to want to throw in 2 copper that was unneccessary... you could do this raid with all rangers... thats not the point... the point is for average joes to pick up certain people for 99.9% garaunteed success in the elite raid.

Jket

Nah I know Riot pretty well, he's not braging as much as he's not being very clear on what he's trying to point out. Unless I'm wrong I think he's trying to say with the split tactic you can manage her agro so as to not get her to pile up on any one side and thus require minimal healing, wands, pots ect. So if I'm right he was just confirming your claim.

Nah I know Riot pretty well, he's not braging as much as he's not being very clear on what he's trying to point out. Unless I'm wrong I think he's trying to say with the split tactic you can manage her agro so as to not get her to pile up on any one side and thus require minimal healing, wands, pots ect. So if I'm right he was just confirming your claim.
    ahhh well from my experience casters need alot of attention due to blade barriers... specially 20% and lower... constant potions wont help much on elite... so need other attention or else they all die cuz they are squishy then once casters die most of the dps die... rangers need to do 20% though usually... unless you have a real beefy tank who can be healed REAL well while fighting cuz the dqs dps is crazy on elite...

Jket

Trick is getting the casters to pull the agro at the right times. See her move towards one side (your side) stop casting diplo if possible (joke) but the other take the agro back. Ping Pong, Criss Cross, whatever you want to call it. I can see how a team of not even uber people could do it. For pugs on Pabst Blue Ribbon raid run on Sat. night isn't going to happen. We just did the next best thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast