Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,517

    Default In-game help system update: Spam category

    We are committed to improving the quality of game experience for our players, and we take disruption of our customers game play very seriously. In the continual effort to reduce unwanted in-game communications from plat-farmers, we are happy to announce a new addition to the in-game help system categories: "spam"

    Spamming is defined as the unwanted repetitive messaging of other players through chat or in-game mail. To report a player for spamming, type a brief description of the issue, enter the first name of the player, and click the submit button. A Game Master will respond to your request as quickly as possible, in the order in which it was received. Note that you will not be informed of any disciplinary actions taken against another player.

    Please use this new category to report spam messages.

    Thank you for all your in-game reports and feedback, and keep them coming!

  2. #2
    Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Coldin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    30 Feet from my Soul Stone
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Let me just say "Woot!"

    Finally I don't have to guess which category to submit those stupid spam names under. Now if we could just get them to stop altogether.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

    Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

  3. #3
    Community Member Solstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    528

    Default

    and the issue about error on copy and paste in help window? this could makes the reports from players better

    someone told about compatibility between keyboard and language system, but dunno about this be correct or not
    [Tharashk/Thelanis]
    Solsticium (Cleric 16) | Sver (Fighter 17) | Soulfang (Drow Sorc 5)
    Sollace (UMDArcher 16) | Baiakin (Halfling Rogue 12) | Boondock (Monk 5)
    [<o>] | The "S" Store |

  4. #4
    The Front Side Gratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cactus Area
    Posts
    2,870

    Default

    Thanks Tolero.

    Now we just need the ability to add filter keywords to the in game mail system and /t's. Given we would want them across toons, you could add it to the character selection screen. Feel free to default trade4game and mmobay.

    Weren't we also going to get an option for "Ignore tells from trial accounts that are not in my friends list or guild". If it's a per toon option then people trying to help trial accounts users in the harbor can turn off the ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

  5. #5
    Community Member Mercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spring Park, MN
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Spamming is defined as the unwanted repetitive messaging of other players through chat or in-game mail.
    Does advertising trades or sales in the LFM tab count as spam and should it be reported under this category as well? It doesn't fit neatly into any other category and this would be the closest in my opinion.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks Tolero, this is great to know.


    One problem though... Whenever I to into the help system, it changes the game from full screen, and also changes the resolution when I go back into the game. The entire process of going in there to playing again can take up to 10 minutes (including filling out all the extraneous info). Has this been addressed?
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

  7. #7
    Community Member Riddikulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ustice View Post
    Thanks Tolero, this is great to know.


    One problem though... Whenever I to into the help system, it changes the game from full screen, and also changes the resolution when I go back into the game. The entire process of going in there to playing again can take up to 10 minutes (including filling out all the extraneous info). Has this been addressed?
    There is a setting which changes the behavior so that it opens the window without going to full screen.

    I can't remember what it is off-hand... I'll look it up tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

  8. #8
    Founder Cashiry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Wanted to check if Lotro was doing the same... Its good to see Turbine finally doing more on this subject.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...19#post1140719
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

  9. #9
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    My current problems with reporting spammers is that they have typically deleted their character by the time I get to report. You cannot submit a Harassment (for online spammers) or Cheating (for offline/mail spam) report if the character has been deleted.

    I hope that the new "spam" category allows us to submit the name in all cases, so it can be traced to account and credit card for blocking/banning. Heck, I've even gotten plat seller spam mail from the exact same name a week or two later. But, the person was untracable in the meantime. I assume the spammer deleted the name to stop traces and recreated using the same name, later.

  10. #10
    Founder Litz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Thank You

  11. #11
    Community Member GreenGurgler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    and the issue about error on copy and paste in help window? this could makes the reports from players better

    someone told about compatibility between keyboard and language system, but dunno about this be correct or not
    Yeah, here here to that!
    I used to be able to copy & paste in game, but in the last couple of months this simply does not work. I have not changed keyboards at all.

    It definetly would make repoting spammers alot easier.
    Naggesh-Drow Wiz PM TR--Borax DethAxe-Dwarf Rng/Mnk/Fgt--Accomplice of the Sorcerer-WF Arti TR --Ombrah the Outcast-BF Pali--Luxxs Interior-Human Bard WC--Xeak the Dirty-1/2ling Rog Assassin--Poli Styrene-Human Arti

  12. #12
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    and the issue about error on copy and paste in help window? this could makes the reports from players better
    GMs can track your chat history and your mail history. So, copying the exact message is not necessary. Just type a quick note, "plat seller spam tell" or "plat seller spam mail" and the GM can investigate from there.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ... communications from plat-farmers, we are happy to announce a new addition to the in-game help system catagories: "spam"
    I'm not feeling it. I don't see how this really helps much except it puts a categorization on particular help requests/complaints... If anything it could be used to more easily focus on "real" requests more than spam complaints.

    If it included an easy way to flag a mail message as spam (by far the largest culprit in my world), then that would be one thing.

    Really, though, it just seems like a streamlined interface and category for reporting one particular type of complaint, but you really had that anyhow (only a couple of fields were really required for an accurate report, before...)

    Correct me if I'm wrong here. This seems underwhelming.
    _________________________
    Give us better (any) testing tools on Risia and help stop the reign of obvious, and silly, bugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

  14. #14
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,517

    Default Re: the LFM windows

    Concerning the use of the LFM windows as a classified section:

    Reports on trades/sales in LFM should be reported under 'harassment' and not using the new spam feature.

  15. #15

    Default

    I'd like to see a "report as spam" or just "spam" button in our mail UI. To prevent mistakes a "Do you want to report this mail as spam?" box could come up to confirm it.

    We get so much spam that making the reporting of it as simple as possible will increase the number of reports that you get.
    Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan
    Sarlona: Darrick, Schweet, Omagus, Chudan
    Cannith: Leeve, Alzon
    Old Timer's Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com

  16. #16
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rfachini View Post
    I'd like to see a "report as spam" or just "spam" button in our mail UI. To prevent mistakes a "Do you want to report this mail as spam?" box could come up to confirm it.

    We get so much spam that making the reporting of it as simple as possible will increase the number of reports that you get.
    Agreed. This is the simplest route as it does not require opening the help panel, nor any data entry. GMs will not discuss actions taken, respond to you, or even say anything beyond the cut/paste "thank you for your inquiry." So, why bother having it as a Help ticket at all?

  17. #17
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,046

    Default

    Can we have a check box to say, "I don't need to be contacted about this."

    I.e. I want to let you know I was spammed so you can hunt them down, but I don't need you to spend time contacting me about it.

    Thanks.

  18. #18
    Community Member Mercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spring Park, MN
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Concerning the use of the LFM windows as a classified section:

    Reports on trades/sales in LFM should be reported under 'harassment' and not using the new spam feature.
    Thank you for the clarification 'harassment' is what I've been dropping them in and will continue to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    Agreed. This is the simplest route as it does not require opening the help panel, nor any data entry. GMs will not discuss actions taken, respond to you, or even say anything beyond the cut/paste "thank you for your inquiry." So, why bother having it as a Help ticket at all?
    Probably because of how there "Trouble Ticket" system works. At my work we just started a new category for swapping a parallel version of a device we use for a USB version. The upper management had started to harass Development concerning this "Issue with these devices!" since we had so many trouble tickets concerning them. We still needed a way to track that they were sending in the device, so it goes through our "Incident" system and now Management will be told to ignore that swap category as those are not problems, just people buying new computers and needing an updated device.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rfachini View Post
    I'd like to see a "report as spam" or just "spam" button in our mail UI. To prevent mistakes a "Do you want to report this mail as spam?" box could come up to confirm it.

    We get so much spam that making the reporting of it as simple as possible will increase the number of reports that you get.
    There is an easy SPAM button. It's the one labled "Delete". Ya, I know it doesn't get reported that way, but if everyone just deleted the SPAM then maybe they'll give up. What good is the mail if no one reads it. OK, so I'm dreaming. Then again what does reporting them really do except get some free accounts shut down and maybe some looser accounts associated with the same credit card. yawn.

    I still would like a SPAM filter option so; only people in my guild or friends list can send me an e-mail, unless it has an attachment. (OH BOY, Free stuff from plat farmers. Like Copper pieces and prayer beads)
    See you in Stormreach, Shamguard "I am THE Rogue."
    Practice doesn't make Perfect. Practice make Permanent. Patience makes Perfect.

  20. #20
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    My current problems with reporting spammers is that they have typically deleted their character by the time I get to report. You cannot submit a Harassment (for online spammers) or Cheating (for offline/mail spam) report if the character has been deleted.

    I hope that the new "spam" category allows us to submit the name in all cases, so it can be traced to account and credit card for blocking/banning. Heck, I've even gotten plat seller spam mail from the exact same name a week or two later. But, the person was untracable in the meantime. I assume the spammer deleted the name to stop traces and recreated using the same name, later.
    To answer my own question, I just used the "Spam" category when reporting spam mail. The seller was not on the WHO list, nor standing by the Harbor or Market mailbox (I checked in all multiple instances, too). From that, I believe the seller was offline. Still, I was able to report "Spam." And my report was responded to in less than 4 minutes. Hurray for a reporting mechanic that actually works! /cheer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload